Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 10 - Trades

You don't have the option of going Gilbee (or do you already have him?)

Anyway, Looking at the two:

Gilbert: $458K (-$50K); 97.8 Avg @ 76 BE
Fisher: $432K (-$58K); 88 Avg @ 54 BE

Thus, Fisher has a lower BE, has lost more overall and by all accounts his Avg is set to rise in the next few weeks... Sounds like the smarter choice out of the 2 to me.

The factor which made my decision for me last week is that Gilbert has been more consistent this year, and Fisher stills seems to be one of the first defenders rotated through the forward line in Roo's absence. I paid the extra $20k for the safety of no 40s (at least so far).

Thus, this week:

OUT Warnock; IN Skipper
OUT Gumby; IN Watts maybe? Playfair (I don't like his JS tho)?

Then next week I can go (I hope):

OUT Hunt; IN Gilbee
OUT Martin/Ball??; IN Montagna

What do you guys think?

Looks like solid trades, not much more to say on this one. :)

Here's my question

Gumbleton --> Watts
Maguire --> Gilbee

Or

Gumbleton --> Playfair
Water --> Gilbee

I can't afford to get Watts, Gilbee and keep Maguire instead of Waters.

Really not sure about this one and could use some help?

Here's my question

Gumbleton --> Watts
Maguire --> Gilbee

Or

Gumbleton --> Playfair
Water --> Gilbee

I can't afford to get Watts, Gilbee and keep Maguire instead of Waters.

Really not sure about this one and could use some help?

i think alot of people are in a similar situation; weighing up watts + JS or Playfair + extra cash. i personally am leaning towards Playfair but only because i need the extra dough.

it's been discussed quite a bit already on here and the arguments are that Watts' job will be more secure than Playfair but at the same time he would probabaly get rested a bit. Playfair has been good it seems but may not last that long in the side and with trades at this time of year you want bench coverage.

like i said i'll probably take the risk and go for playfair

What about Waters v Maguire for D7. They have around the same averages at the moment.

My guess would be Maguire average of 81 and Waters average of 76 at the end of the year. What do you all reckon?

The factor which made my decision for me last week is that Gilbert has been more consistent this year, and Fisher stills seems to be one of the first defenders rotated through the forward line in Roo's absence. I paid the extra $20k for the safety of no 40s (at least so far).

Looks like solid trades, not much more to say on this one. :)

Cheers dlanod, am a bit jumpy about this 'StKilda-Pregant Teenage girl' rumor going around now but will stick with these trades anyway I reckon. Can't see how it'll impact Montagna anyway.

I agree re: Gilbert consistency too mate. I guess I'd be happy to absorb Fisher's deviation with my other generally consistent backman for the advantage of a few big weeks and some extra $$. All relates to your strategy and team at the end of the day I guess. :thumbsu:

Ok.. so why did you go Watts instead of Playfair and Judd instead of Swan????

Probably JS for the first but why the second given the extra cost?
Because it's Judd!!! :p

Seriously, as per the Fisher:Gilbert argument, you are paying for differences in consistency. I'd personally think Judd would be more consistent than Swan however Swan is at a good price at the moment. Another issue may be that Swan has some injury niggle at the moment by all accounts too mate. But personally, faced with the same situation I'd go Swan myself.

Martin Cox and Montangna or Goodes NicNat and Montagna?

I'm biased but I'd definantly go Goodesy, NicNat & Montagna... I'm thinking Goodes will come goode (... bad humor I know) and NicNat should score pretty well (yes he's not cox but then again he's less liekly to be rested than cox right?). Further, Martin has made his money and Goodes has some appreciating to do!! (potential for a luxury upgrade later on given enough trades)

Martin Cox and Montangna or Goodes NicNat and Montagna?

I'd go the first because Cox is more likely to hold scoring over the whole year rather than NicNat who I think will drop off at some stage because he's young etc.

Having said that, Goodes has dropped a ridiculous amount in price this year and his BE is 59 this week, so if you want him, this is the week to go get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playfair's JS is pretty dodgy. Only getting a run cause Jesse White has had a poor start to the season. Selection chances have increased due to Bradshaw injury. But beyond the next 3-4 weeks he may not be in the team. why not go for Rohan? He has been super impressive since being included in the team. I think he's in the team for the rest of the season to be honest. But in saying that, maybe when Moore and McGlynn come back it could be dicey.

I suppose I am nervous because historically kids have found it hard to have JS in your team (although maybe that has changed this year, I don't know as much about your club's selection as you do I am sure) and it's a big punt to get in a 198 k rookie if he's your 7th mid or 8th forward and then come round 14 that's his year done. I'll admit there could be massive upside for anyone willing to take the punt though.

i have Taghd Kennelly in my team i i need to know what is the best option to do..

Kennelly ----> Maguire
and
Bastinac ---->$100,200 who should i get?

or
Leave Kennelly and play Silvagni

Bastinac ---->100,200
and
Ziebell ---->Watts

what shoud i do?

Plan is to trade Griffen for Goddard to make use of the MPP I have in the backline. I'll probably also ditch Gram (D) but not sure who to bring in for him with the $401,800 available. A downgrade to Sheppard is looking likely at this stage.

Ok.. so why did you go Watts instead of Playfair and Judd instead of Swan????

Probably JS for the first but why the second given the extra cost?

I want to get Judd for several reasons:

1) Always wanted him in my team at some stage this season
2) He's Judd
3) Is in pretty good form
4) I'm an Essendon supporter and have an awkward feeling about a Collingwood player in my sc team
5) My opponent this week has Swan
6) I'm averaging 2210 and have 12 trades left
7) Have plenty of cash to spend
8) Getting Judd now avoids having to get him later
9) Its only 25 k extra

After the Martin upgrade I will have 10 trades and only Waters, Rockliff or Hitchcock to upgrade.

I might also upgrade Hille and another midfield or two come finals provided I continue my good run of no injuries (except Roo that got us all).......

medhurst>watts and start watts on ground but have enough to upgrade martin to premium or ..
rockliff>watts and pocket 90 000 for help in upgrade next week?

need to upgrade Martin and Ziebell. Also Kennelly, might bench him this week. Have $500 k to spend , thoughts? Was thinking Ziebell > Franklin, Martin > Judd, Kennelly to Gilbee. Don't have Chapman but worried those hamstrings might go any day

Which forward line would you prefer:

O'keefe, Brown, Chapman, Pods with either:

Pavlich, Franklin & Fyfe (Gumby and Davis)

or

Pavlich, Higgins & Kennedy (Davis and Playfair)

Which forward line would you prefer:

O'keefe, Brown, Chapman, Pods with either:

Pavlich, Franklin & Fyfe (Gumby and Davis)

or

Pavlich, Higgins & Kennedy (Davis and Playfair)

first option looks best as franklin is in form and you can upgrade fyfe later in season once he makes you$$

need to upgrade Martin and Ziebell. Also Kennelly, might bench him this week. Have $500 k to spend , thoughts? Was thinking Ziebell > Franklin, Martin > Judd, Kennelly to Gilbee. Don't have Chapman but worried those hamstrings might go any day

yeah I'm in the same boat? Ziebell has done nothing this season whereas there are forwards around the 300k mark that can do a lot more (ie tippett, dangerfield, Davis, le cras)

I'm also a bit hesitant about trading out kenelly but with a score or 2 lingering for 3 weeks, his value will continue to diminish.

So I'm thinking about doin the following:

out: ziebell and kenelly
in: watts and grimes / fisher / duffield / hurn

the following week (I know this thread only looks at round 10 but)

out: rockliff and nason
in: didak and h. Shaw

keen to hear anyone's thoughts. Also keen to hear about everyones thoughts on nic Nat being rested. Surely woosha is playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back