News Rucci: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal Boak will lead Power: Tredrea

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/loyal-boak-will-stay-with-power/story-e6freck3-1226375624096

"Midway through last year's horror home-and-away season, a group of great mates (Power players) gathered for dinner. On the agenda was one topic - their futures. This was different from their usual catch-ups, as Primus was invited.

Trengove, Butcher and Carlile pledged their commitment to already-contracted mates, stressing to Primus that they wanted to help rebuild this great club."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/loyal-boak-will-stay-with-power/story-e6freck3-1226375624096

Tredders is pretty close to Trav and the Club itself so I don't think he would write that unless he was very confident it would play out that way. The other article quoting JT on the subject gives good insight into Trav's wanting to spend time with his family before making a committment. All sounding pretty good :D

Not wanting to be negative, but if (and this is only a low chance of happening) Boak goes then what about:

Boak to Carlton
Gibbs to the hybrids
Brodie Smith + something to Port

Not wanting to be negative, but if (and this is only a low chance of happening) Boak goes then what about:

Boak to Carlton
Gibbs to the hybrids
Brodie Smith + something to Port

No if Gibbs was to come back to SA it has to be to Port Adelaide just so I can see Ross's face when he's interviewed by the media about how he feels. Maybe Bryce will get him some nice Power gear to wear for the interview. He and Graham can start a club.

Anyway when Jackson tells you you're staying, you're staying. End of discussion. ;)

No if Gibbs was to come back to SA it has to be to Port Adelaide just so I can see Ross's face when he's interviewed by the media about how he feels. Maybe Bryce will get him some nice Power gear to wear for the interview. He and Graham can start a club.

Anyway when Jackson tells you you're staying, you're staying. End of discussion. ;)

That scenario did cross my mind - but I am such a nice person :rolleyes:that I wouldn't possibly want to subject such upright:rolleyes: and respected :rolleyes:footy people through such an ordeal.:rolleyes:

Did I use enough of these::rolleyes:

Its funny, they had Gibbs and Russell Ebert on AFC in the afternoon two days ago tlaking about the father son rule. Someone rang up and said that they remember that Glenelg was originally aligned to Port Adelaide and that it got changed at Gibbs request and he completely denied that a) Glenelg was ever aligned to Port and b) that that had ever occured. hmmmm.

Trengove take

Trengove expects Boak to stay

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/trengove-expects-boak-to-stay/story-e6freck3-1226375581581

"Trengove said he was supremely confident his fellow vice-captain would ink a new deal to stay at Alberton."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/trengove-expects-boak-to-stay/story-e6freck3-1226375581581

Love this article and really like the way Jackson presents to the outside world

IMO he would make a great captain of our club - shouldn't have to be the "best player" for this

Just imagine if you were late for training - you'd get a nice smack in the chops :)

******* sound of door knocking *******

Domenic Cassisi: Si come in

Travis Boak: (slightly nervous) Uh hi Don Dom, I was told you wanted to speak to me.

Domenic Cassisi: Yes Travis, please come in, sit down.

Travis Boak: I'll stay standing if that's OK with you Don Dom.

Domenic Cassisi: As you wish Travis.

Travis Boak: What did you want to speak about?

Domenic Cassisi: It has come to my attention that you were thinking of leaving the Port Adelaide Gang and going back to Victoria.

Travis Boak: I'm just going to go home and speak with my family before I commit to another contract.

Domenic Cassisi: But we are your family.

Travis Boak: I just need to speak to my Mum.

Domenic Cassisi: Is there a good chance that you will leave?

Travis Boak: That is a possibility.

Domenic Cassisi: There is a chance I will have you clipped if that occurs.

Travis Boak: That is a chance I will have to take.

Domenic Cassisi: (shouting) Well it is not good enough. How could you even think of leaving the Port Adelaide Family. If you leave I will send a lynch mob to break your legs, your Mum and sister will not be safe. You will need 24 hour protection for your pets and I will ensure that you will never play football again!!!!

Travis Boak:(trembling) Again with all due respect to you Don Dom that is the chance I would have to take.

Jackson Trengove: YOUR STAYING!!!!

Travis Boak: OK I'll stay.

Jackson Trengove: I have no doubt that you will be made Don Boak.

Domenic Cassisi: (quietly) Go speak with your family Travis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha very good
the_godfather_don_vito_by_donvito62.png

ExpectToWin;24392962............. [B said:
Domenic Cassisi:[/B] Yes Travis, please come in, sit down.

Travis Boak: I'll stay standing if that's OK with you Don Dom.

Domenic Cassisi: As you wish Travis. Just make sure you stand in the middle of the plastic sheeting!:eek:

Lol, sorry ETW, couldnt help myself.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a hypotheical.

IF Boak really wanted to come home, there wouldn't be much you could do about it, you couldn't demand 2 first round picks, all you could really do is take the best offer presented to you by a victorian club...or let him go for nothing in the preseason draft.

Apparently this offer was suggested on 360 last night,

Carl - Boak
- your first rounder (pick 5)

Port -Gibbs
- Our first rounder (pick 14-16 as melbourne will likely use compo picks and we should finish 5-8th)

I know that we are getting the better of you in this deal, but you are always going to get screwed a little when a player wants to leave your club ie Judd (although kennedy turned out to be a gun which evened that out a bit).

Just wanted to know your thoughts were on this deal or one like it?

Read our earlier comments re: Carlton supporters. Consider that context for your suggestion.

We drop out of the top 5 and lose our best midfielder....for what exactly? What problem does that solve for Port? In what way would that improve our list at all?

I wouldn't want to trade for Gibbs, he's too unpredictable. He could be a potential star who's coasting behind Judd, Murphy and Simpson but who would relish the extra responsibility and fulfil that potential if the responsibility was given to him, or he could be an average player being made to look good by Judd, Murphy and Simpson and who'd be even worse at a club where he's expected to be the No. 1 midfielder.

Also, Gibbs is very similar to Hartlett. Boak and Hartlett complement each other well, Gibbs and Hartlett wouldn't.

Read our earlier comments re: Carlton supporters. Consider that context for your suggestion.

To be fair, I was expecting Boak/Butcher/Trengove for David Kernahan/2nd Round downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back