News Rucci: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confident he will sign. Just reading the banter on twitter that goes on with the players, they all seem like a close bunch of guys. Hard to see him leaving that especially since his best mate(Gray) signed on this year.

I'm 100% sure he just felt uncomfortable talking to a random about someone whom he lives and works withs, private matters.

I was present for this conversation and can assure you it was not one of those "random fan asks herp derp questions" and in actual fact it was gray who first mentioned boak in the discussion not the other way round

I still think his trade value will be way overs...

But the rest of the season will go a long way to his value ....he hasn't played well until the gold coast game....

I want him to dominate against better teams and more consistently until I will truly see his value to us.

I was present for this conversation and can assure you it was not one of those "random fan asks herp derp questions" and in actual fact it was gray who first mentioned boak in the discussion not the other way round

lol'd at this comment.

Split personality?

Is there a bit of innuendo about that Boak may have been unhappy with things Primus has said in the media the past couple of weeks about his form and development? He seemed to be slightly put out by it in his press conference today and HRCSUHB (His Royal Carrot-Stuck-Up-His-Bum) "I'm never wrong" Rucci alluded to it in his SEN interview with Bartlett.

Is there a bit of innuendo about that Boak may have been unhappy with things Primus has said in the media the past couple of weeks about his form and development? He seemed to be slightly put out by it in his press conference today and HRCSUHB (His Royal Carrot-Stuck-Up-His-Bum) "I'm never wrong" Rucci alluded to it in his SEN interview with Bartlett.

If that's the case he probably needs to harden up a bit, because Primus was spot on.

Good article in the Crowvertiser today on Boak future....
Basically says it is solely up to his family. He is happy here, does not want to go anywhere, does not want more $, but will seek trade to Geelong only if family need him home.
All other rumors are rubbish!

Believe what he is saying is factual and hoping the family will go with what is best for Travis in which case I feel he will sign on

At first I was thinking he should be able to get all this when he sees them or speaks o nthe phone but I can understand. Sounds like he wants to spend a good week there, chat with them and really make sure they are happy. Good on on him and Rucci's proper gander is way over the top

That is not the way to get a good captain.

Absolutely spot on. Boak has various qualities and yes, he's always been discussed as a future leader, but the captaincy becomes devalued if used as a bartering chip. PAFC will thrive with or without Boak but should always have a captain who best reflects its values.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/137246/default.aspx

Boak Family Happy At Alberton

TRAVIS Boak says that his family fully supports his playing career continuing at Alberton, but that he will not be moved on the timeframe he set for contract negotiations.

Boak told the media at the club’s launch of its new Power To End Hunger partnership with Foodbank that he is enjoying his football at Port Adelaide and that he hopes to continue his career with the Power.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/137246/default.aspx

Great news.

Um so Travis....
harmony-waterman-pen.jpg

Hes always said his family love him playing for Port so hopefully thats still the case.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...om-port-adelaide/story-e6freco3-1226373018674

"My family is very close to me - and they would love to have me home," said Boak yesterday.

"But my mum and my sisters would never put (pressure) that on me."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...om-port-adelaide/story-e6freco3-1226373018674

I thought this quote was pretty telling. Sounds like he already knows what they will say.

p.s. nice addition in the brackets from the Crapvertiser. It doesn't even make a real sentence!

I thought this quote was pretty telling. Sounds like he already knows what they will say.

Probably the same thing they have said for the past 6 or so years!

As difficult as things might be at home - that situation has not changed for the whole period of time that Boaky has been here - so there's no way a family would force an adult to make a career choice.

I think the mid-season break just gives him a week to reflect on whatever offers he has on the table and chat to his family (and manager) about them. That's all it boils down to.

If Boak did want to go. Is there a possibility we could get a pick to be offered to get Aish? Is he in the mini draft or whatever it is?

For example could we try and make Geelong get a top ten pick flick it to us, plus there compo pick and then flick the compo pick plus player to GWS for a pick to get Aish?

Or be happy with our first round pick take Geelong's compo pick and use it for Aish?

If Boak did want to go. Is there a possibility we could get a pick to be offered to get Aish? Is he in the mini draft or whatever it is?

For example could we try and make Geelong get a top ten pick flick it to us, plus there compo pick and then flick the compo pick plus player to GWS for a pick to get Aish?

Or be happy with our first round pick take Geelong's compo pick and use it for Aish?

Not even worth discussing he is staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back