Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Amongst all the unbelievable events that happened in this tragedy-in the story "according to Greg",a part of his story I find really difficult to take on board is the fatal stabbing of RH that so far vaguely described in the ROI seemed to have just "happened " with no detail forthcoming from GL.How in the hell did RH just come to be stabbed ,rolling around on the ground and ending up with the knife through his heart.Only two possible ways as I see it-GL's hand was firmly holding the knife or RH stabbed himself.....yes,well that's nigh on impossible.Somebody had to be holding that knife or directing it clasped over the others hand.As a former hunter and farmer I have used knives and it takes some force to penetrate tissue,sinew,muscle and bone.We were designed so as the heart is quite protected by the rib cage.A kitchen knife ? It would have taken a concerted effort and most average kitchen knives would just snap on impact.Where are the wounds on GL in this knife fight.No,all of this just doesn't wash with me....
IMO only.

They might eventually say they think both were shot but I think it's risky in the circumstances.
In my opinion GL waited till Hill and Clay settled down for the night in their PJs. He then went about intimidating them until he achieved a reaction from Hill, Hill bruised GL and was put down. This happened to me. I arrived a campsite called Ah Youngs or Maguire Point just after midday 1 Nov 2018, a dark 4wd and trailer were set up near the drop toilet. I parked as far away as possible from him and near a camp table. I walked around the site and came across a recently killed roo, I continued towards the drop toilet and said to the sole man who looks like GL that there is some food for your dog. He said gruffly "I know". Dogs are allowed in that part of the park. It seems to me that GL does not like sharing his camp site, because after I had some dinner and was very concerned about GL, who I new to have a gun, I decided to sleep in the back of my Pajero in a constructed bunk. I had taken the measure of covering all windows with removable reflective insulation panels. I was reading a book by headlanp and started to hear russleing noises outside my car these transitioned to heavy breathing. I reacted by pulling down the adjacent insulation shining a bright lantern at the noise and shouting and waving a tomahawk and a knife, unfortunately the backscatter from the lantern also blinded me, but the noise went away. I left that camp first thing in the morning. Question: does / did GL have a big alsation. There are other missing people before my incident and before the Hill/Clay incident. GL knew how to sanitize a crime scene and to disappear any victims, he was well practised IMO. He should go down for all of these murders IMO

His version of events are well rehearsed and since he has gotten rid of all the evidence, his story can't be proven one way or the other, I can only hope the jury get to see how cold and calculating he is and see through his story.
My bet is that the defence is also doing some damage control re his cold manner and lack of remorse.

His version of events are well rehearsed and since he has gotten rid of all the evidence, his story can't be proven one way or the other, I can only hope the jury get to see how cold and calculating he is and see through his story.
They saw that in the ROI. Surely the defence know how bad that looked and this is now their last ditch attempt. I’m not confident after witnessing (in court) how useless this prosecution team are.

From one of the big three news sources today

Lynn and Melanie were being recorded as they watched the 60 min show on the missing campers. When Detective Stamper broke the news they were looking for a Blue 4WD patrol Melanie said "That looks like yours"

They saw that in the ROI. Surely the defence know how bad that looked and this is now their last ditch attempt. I’m not confident after witnessing (in court) how useless this prosecution team are.
I highly doubt that Daniel Porceddu is "useless". He's got a very difficult and challenging task. Calling Lynn is a desperate move, indicating the prosecution is probably doing as well as could be hoped.

Genuinely curious and I know I’ll get blasted for asking - why do you still think he is lying at this point.

Greg knew nothing of the evidence they had on him at the time of the interview, the chances that his version of events can withstand scrutiny when he doesn’t have access to what they know is slim.

You are all quick to judge, but I don’t think many of you would have reacted any better if presented with the same scenario.

He’s admitted to burning the bodies, a crime itself, doesn’t make sense he would then also lie about the circumstances of their deaths.

Stop defending your father

I highly doubt that Daniel Porceddu is "useless". He's got a very difficult and challenging task. Calling Lynn is a desperate move, indicating the prosecution is probably doing as well as could be hoped.
I’ve been in court a few days and watched the parts of the trial. One of a few examples I can note is when Porceddu is asking the witness (Brett Florence) about a calendar and drawing that detectives drew during the ROI but the accused actually drew it. The witness had to correct him. There’s been several of these moments. It seems an unfair fight to me Dann vs Porceddu. Dermott Dann continuously fills in gaps and corrects the prosecution AND sometimes the judge!
Anyway let’s hope Porceddu has a good day tomorrow!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Lynn would take the stand (but I so hope he does). There are so many opportunities to debunk his account and show the jury how nonsensical it is when broken down. If he really is taking the stand, I suspect the defense know the jury isn't buying it and it is indeed a hail mary.

I have a number of questions to ask Lynn (I'd be interested to hear others)

Some examples:

Pros: The car radio was blaring with the doors open because you were annoyed that Hill claimed earlier he was going to report you to the police about earlier gun safety issues? You wanted to annoy him?

Lynn: Correct, I always am safe with my gun, it was BS.

Pros: Yet you also claim your gun was in the car, with a magazine of ammunition, with the doors wide open. Did you want to give him real ammunition? (no pun intended)

Lynn: Uhmm..I forgot the gun was there.

Pros: You heard a rustling - how was that possible above the blaring radio?

Lynn: Uhmm, I had turned it down by then

Pros: Though you claimed the radio was blaring while the couple were mid-tryst? This was because the couple had gone to bed and their camp was dark?

Lynn: Uh yeah, the radio must have annoyed him so even after I turned it down he came over.

Pros: In his pajamas and bare feet?

Lynn: I don't remember what he was wearing.

Pros: Ok, so after you heard the rustling, you saw Hill with your gun, loading ammo

Lynn: Correct

Pros: How did you know it was your gun.

Lynn: I know my gun.

Pros: From 50m in the pitch black?

Lynn: He wasn't 50m away, he had just grabbed it out of the car and I was close

Pros: You claimed the altercation/wrestle over your gun happened at Hills camp

Lynn: It did

Pros: But if you saw Hill with your gun very close to your vehicle, why weren't you able to catch up to a 73(?) year old man, in bare feet, loading ammo as he walked?

Lynn: Uhmm, I waited until he got to his camp before going after him

Pros: How was he carrying the gun and ammo?

Lynn: He just held one in each hand?

Pros: While simultaneously loading the shells?

Lynn: Yes

Pros: In the dark

Lynn: Uh yeah

Pros: A man who was not familar with your gun, who we have heard didn't like guns

Lynn: Thats what happened.

Pros: Right (LOL)

I can't believe Lynn would take the stand (but I so hope he does). There are so many opportunities to debunk his account and show the jury how nonsensical it is when broken down. If he really is taking the stand, I suspect the defense know the jury isn't buying it and it is indeed a hail mary.

I have a number of questions to ask Lynn (I'd be interested to hear others)

Some examples:

Pros: The car radio was blaring with the doors open because you were annoyed that Hill claimed earlier he was going to report you to the police about earlier gun safety issues? You wanted to annoy him?

Lynn: Correct, I always am safe with my gun, it was BS.

Pros: Yet you also claim your gun was in the car, with a magazine of ammunition, with the doors wide open. Did you want to give him real ammunition? (no pun intended)

Lynn: Uhmm..I forgot the gun was there.

Pros: You heard a rustling - how was that possible above the blaring radio?

Lynn: Uhmm, I had turned it down by then

Pros: Though you claimed the radio was blaring while the couple were mid-tryst? This was because the couple had gone to bed and their camp was dark?

Lynn: Uh yeah, the radio must have annoyed him so even after I turned it down he came over.

Pros: In his pajamas and bare feet?

Lynn: I don't remember what he was wearing.

Pros: Ok, so after you heard the rustling, you saw Hill with your gun, loading ammo

Lynn: Correct

Pros: How did you know it was your gun.

Lynn: I know my gun.

Pros: From 50m in the pitch black?

Lynn: He wasn't 50m away, he had just grabbed it out of the car and I was close

Pros: You claimed the altercation/wrestle over your gun happened at Hills camp

Lynn: It did

Pros: But if you saw Hill with your gun very close to your vehicle, why weren't you able to catch up to a 73(?) year old man, in bare feet, loading ammo as he walked?

Lynn: Uhmm, I waited until he got to his camp before going after him

Pros: How was he carrying the gun and ammo?

Lynn: He just held one in each hand?

Pros: While simultaneously loading the shells?

Lynn: Yes

Pros: In the dark

Lynn: Uh yeah

Pros: A man who was not familar with your gun, who we have heard didn't like guns

Lynn: Thats what happened.

Pros: Right (LOL)
Brilliant email it to him tonight.!

One of a few examples I can note is when Porceddu is asking the witness (Brett Florence) about a calendar and drawing that detectives drew during the ROI but the accused actually drew it. The witness had to correct him.
I don't consider that this makes him useless. YMMV.

With GL taking the stand is this a hail mary from the defense?
I can't believe they have let him get opened up to prosecution questions, going to be an interesting day tomorrow.
They better be some damn good questions!! Hopefully about obscure details that get him squirming or catch him off guard somehow.

I’m with you on this.
So many of the TV real crime shows fail to go into the background of the alleged offender.
You’d hope the police would do all that in their routine search for the ‘truth’.
Was Hill left handed?
What is the history of the shotgun? He belonged to a shooting club, I think, so what do the people there say about him?
He doesn’t suddenly start now thinking solely about how things impact on him, so where in the past has this narcissistic behaviour been displayed?
Just my opinion fwiw
Also thinking about Hill. Yeah hes not on trial but … What was his routine at other normal camping outings in the past? Was he ‘armed’with a weapon in the tent under his pillow as standard practice. Ever concerned about other campers? Is a knife likely to be his go to ? Or is this GL story about RH having a knife just complete BS to you if you knew the man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back