Toast Ryan Lester 200 Game Tribute Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ryan Lester would be an outstanding AFL Coach.

When I was younger, maybe my year 12 days, I got roped into watching my 3-month-old niece while my sister got her hair done. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in, but Ryan Lester.

I was very nervous. I just kept looking at him as he read a magazine and waited, but I didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying desperately to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Ryan, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Ryan put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breastfed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it. Congrats on 200.

When I was younger, maybe my year 12 days, I got roped into watching my 3-month-old niece while my sister got her hair done. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in, but Ryan Lester.

I was very nervous. I just kept looking at him as he read a magazine and waited, but I didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying desperately to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Ryan, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Ryan put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breastfed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it. Congrats on 200.
I find that hard to believe.

Again, have watched every footy tv program this week and some radio and of course read a fair bit from all the usual places and still no love or mere mention of Lester’s 200th this week.

Of course, you expect the attention Pendlebury is getting but given the fuss other Victorian players get for their 200th it’s pretty disappointing because Ryan really is the poster boy for a player that’s it done it the hard and his story of all those omissions, one year contracts should be celebrated yet the media for the life of me aren’t interested and only focus on those gun players milestones. Do they even know who Ryan Lester is?

Overall really disappointing and hopefully Whiting at least has a feature story about Ryan.

Again, have watched every footy tv program this week and some radio and of course read a fair bit from all the usual places and still no love or mere mention of Lester’s 200th this week.

Of course, you expect the attention Pendlebury is getting but given the fuss other Victorian players get for their 200th it’s pretty disappointing because Ryan really is the poster boy for a player that’s it done it the hard and his story of all those omissions, one year contracts should be celebrated yet the media for the life of me aren’t interested and only focus on those gun players milestones. Do they even know who Ryan Lester is?

Overall really disappointing and hopefully Whiting at least has a feature story about Ryan.
Ryan has his sights on 400 games just like Pendles.
He just needs 10 more years of 1-year deals.

For Ryan this week i hope he just reproduces his 2024 form on the day.
That will be good enough for me.

There isn't even anything on the Lions website although you'd assume there will be soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester has played in 18 locations in his 200 games where as Pendlebury has only played at 11! It's clear who the real champion is, anywhere, any time.

“Lester trails only co-captain Harris Andrews for intercept possessions and intercept marks for the Lions this year, solidifying himself as a crucial player to Brisbane's premiership chances.”

If Harris Andrews is the first defender picked, Ryan Lester has to be the second.

One of the best interviews. Worth more than a like. What a man.
He was very gracious. No offence to either player, but I always had him ranked ahead of Adams and Gardiner. It must have been so hard for Froggy in 2022, but his perseverance has paid off. He has been getting an even break since the loss to Hawthorn at the MCG last year and the team is better for it.

Compliments that are just reworded insults are just plain out mean and nasty.

If you have nothing genuinely good to say how about you stay off this thread.

Your post has really annoyed me.

Sheesh.
You need to calm the **** down. He's done extremely well to get to 200 and deserves plaudits for that.

Absolutely dumbfounded how my original post could be construed as negative.

You need to calm the **** down. He's done extremely well to get to 200 and deserves plaudits for that.

Absolutely dumbfounded how my original post could be construed as negative.
Are you on time delay alscotoz2?

Can we please play nice in Ryan’s 200 Games thread.

#RyanLesterPeacemaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ryan Lester 200 Game Tribute Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back