Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want Nyhuis drawn and quartered, but I think the damning thing was that the slam occurred when they were already out of bounds. That really does invalidate the 'it was a football act' defence. Once he'd tackled Gray over the line, there was zero football reason to slam him into the turf, whether he realised that Gray had already dropped the footy or not.

I think it's too far to say that he intended to KO Gray, but he did something unnecessary and reckless in the name of making his opponent earn it, and his opponent was hurt badly as a result. In today's AFL you have to cop your whack for that.
Nah, rewatch the video in the OP. The tackle motion started well inbounds. Both players feet were still inbounds for the entire incident. The fact that they ended up out of bounds has no relevance. If the tackle started over the line I'd agree with you.

Piss weak. No malice. But no ones dead. So we move on. Hopefilly he gets another contract at the end of the year. Guys been injured a lot and has already missed a heap of footy

Cynical me asks, does he get a weeks discount if Grey plays this week ?. I know it's not going to happen, but did the MRP / tribunal take the length of Grey's unavailability into consideration for the penalty ?.

If Grey was concussed, from past experience the medicos would be going against their own advice to allow Grey to play. Concussed = 1 week holiday, at least.

2 would have been about right and 3 seemed a bit much to me until I saw a different angle last night which I hadn’t seen on Sunday. I do get Freo supporters being pissed off. There are different rules for different clubs and different rules for different players. We have been on the receiving end often enough to know that.
Agreed, I knew Ryan was ****ed pretty much given that we're not a club that gets a good run at the tribunal.

Can't help but recall the Port supporters outrage regarding the Thomas hit on Selwood, which was potentially much more dangerous, was much more premeditated and had Selwood missing matches....

But now it is Grey missing, they are ok with a large suspension..... Go figure!!

Cynical me asks, does he get a weeks discount if Grey plays this week ?. I know it's not going to happen, but did the MRP / tribunal take the length of Grey's unavailability into consideration for the penalty ?.

If Grey was concussed, from past experience the medicos would be going against their own advice to allow Grey to play. Concussed = 1 week holiday, at least.

When Nic Nat tackled Karl Amon, part of the AFL's argument was that it was unlikely that he would be available to play the following week.

Sure enough the teams come out a couple of days later and he is listed as "Omitted", so he was dropped.

Make this big song and dance and "hey this kid is gonna miss a week", which he did... because he was dropped.

Can't help but recall the Port supporters outrage regarding the Thomas hit on Selwood, which was potentially much more dangerous, was much more premeditated and had Selwood missing matches....

But now it is Grey missing, they are ok with a large suspension..... Go figure!!

I think the outrage was about Lindsay Thomas being treated a little differently to some other players.

How do you honestly feel about Walker getting a week for a similar incident to the one with Thomas/Selwood?

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties?

Surely the term 'complete head reconstruction', which is not actually a real thing - gave it away?
Why do you continue to make such dumb and stupid comments on B/F. Then again, don’t answer that question as your previous comments were just immature bullshit and your next response will be the same.

Why do you continue to make such dumb and stupid comments on B/F. Then again, don’t answer that question as your previous comments were just immature bullshit and your next response will be the same.
Whoa! Calm down champ! Did I get under your skin a bit? Look - if you are too autistic to understand some tongue in cheek humour or hyperbole then I feel sorry for you. Life must be dull.

Not sure there are many “if any” doctors working at a club or in general practice prepared to say “he nearly died or needs a head reconstruction” and then allow the player to play the following week. Massive over-reach. I have no doubt the club doctor will say he was knocked out and prior to playing again (and in line with AFL rules) will need to go through all necessary tests. I personally believe the likely-hood of him playing this weekend would be zero.

Gray has been named to play this Saturday - so your personal beliefs are obviously spot on! *likelihood*

Perhaps you have learnt a lesson then. BF is not the place to exaggerate.

Thanks for the lesson mate. Reckon I'll ignore it and keep on posting the way I have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray named to play, Hinkley on record as saying he passed all concussion tests.

Fail to see how tackling a player who had one arm free, without two motions yields 3 weeks when an elbow to the jaw of a player resulting in a heavy concussion and brain bleeding results in 5.

This has been the worst decision this year for mine.

Yep the punishment looks even more excessive now.

We all know the sentence was based on outcome and not on the act, and now it turns out the outcome wasn't even what they expected.

Yep the punishment looks even more excessive now.

We all know the sentence was based on outcome and not on the act, and now it turns out the outcome wasn't even what they expected.

Exactly, the tackle would have been applauded as brilliant if Robbie protected himself with his free arm.

Obviously Port sold out Nyhuis with the medical report....

And now he plays

Bunch of w***ers

The phrase “ karma is a bitch “, could be heard in coming weeks.

Seriously, how can the Port medicos allow Grey to play ?. Duty of care and all that, long term effects for Grey ?.

Oh well, onto another week of footy.

Yeah he'll be suspended but christ Dixon is a ******* faux tough-guy w***er. Clearly wasn't malicious and he immediately runs over to a 21 year old kid and grabs him by the throat.

He's easily one of the biggest flogs in the comp. Big time faux tough-guy. He's laid plenty of tackles like that before himself. Grabbing the throat is a dog act. Cant' wait for the day someone cleans him up.

The phrase “ karma is a bitch “, could be heard in coming weeks.

Seriously, how can the Port medicos allow Grey to play ?. Duty of care and all that, long term effects for Grey ?.

Oh well, onto another week of footy.
Cameron gets 5 weeks and Andrews misses 4-5 weeks. Nyhuis gets 3 and Gray plays. WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back