Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez you're a pathetic mouthbreather. 100% of players would have remonstrated in that situation, plenty would have been stronger in their response, and any suggestion otherwise demonstrates your 'know nothing lets pot Port at every opportunity' diversion to cover up your shit season. Just pathetic.
A mouthbreather? How is that an undesirable quality to have?

Just saw Hinkley's press conference. That guys is a nasty piece of work. Commenting on an incident in that manner lacks class. Nyhuis will be dealt with by the match review panel. Hinkley adding fuel to the fire like that contributes absolutely nothing and is prejudicial to the process. Very disappointing.

Yeah he'll be suspended but christ Dixon is a ******* faux tough-guy w***er. Clearly wasn't malicious and he immediately runs over to a 21 year old kid and grabs him by the throat.
Faux tough guy w***er, thats Tex Walkers middle name. Back in the day that Freo lad would’ve been seeing stars himself. How dare Dixon stick up for a team mate, you Crows people are losing it.

Faux tough guy w***er, thats Tex Walkers middle name. Back in the day that Freo lad would’ve been seeing stars himself. How dare Dixon stick up for a team mate, you Crows people are losing it.
Yeah lets go back to days of "street justice" thuggery on the football field. Because thats a great example of how to behave and a great look for the game. Theres a big difference between remonstrating and shoving your fist under a blokes chin.

Lol Freo supporters he had one arm free so it was just a footy incident. He’s lost the ball, Nyuis continued with the tackle over the line and slung him. Minimum 2 weeks.[/QUOTE

There was two actions hey but arguably no malice. 2-3 weeks about right

Yeah lets go back to days of "street justice" thuggery on the football field. Because thats a great example of how to behave and a great look for the game. Theres a big difference between remonstrating and shoving your fist under a blokes chin.
Dude your **** head captain decided to shirt front a player and knock him out instead of going for the footy Thursday night. How does that look for the game? He’s your captain, the face of the club, how many times this year has he been looked at? Dixon just watched his team mate get ko’d, I’d be pissed off if no one remonstrated with Freo.

Dude your **** head captain decided to shirt front a player and knock him out instead of going for the footy Thursday night. How does that look for the game? He’s your captain, the face of the club, how many times this year has he been looked at? Dixon just watched his team mate get ko’d, I’d be pissed off if no one remonstrated with Freo.

100% this!

Just saw Hinkley's press conference. That guys is a nasty piece of work. Commenting on an incident in that manner lacks class. Nyhuis will be dealt with by the match review panel. Hinkley adding fuel to the fire like that contributes absolutely nothing and is prejudicial to the process. Very disappointing.

it's no different to what commentators do when they discuss incidents that happen during a game.

What relevance does the Tex incident have with this one? Or are you too stupid to stay on topic?

Can't see this in here but was posted on our board:

Doesn't look like it was really Nyhuis' fault from this angle. Barely any motion on the "sling" or in his arms to suggest he's slamming - meanwhile it's clear Grey decided to try and keep the ball in with his left foot during the tackle. Seems like Gray made the wrong decision as the tackled and toppled himself over.

1 week only because Gray didn't finish the game.

I can’t help but wonder if he would have tackled Sam Gray like that?

The stars of our game pay a high price.

Yeah if you look closely just before he tackled him he glanced over his left shoulder to make sure he had superstar Robbie, and not the pleb Sam Gray

Christ on a bike

Look again and you'll see Nyhus couldn't see the ball was released, and it wasn't a sling tackle. It was one action

But it was clumsy and resulted in RobbieG leaving the ground with concussion, so will cop a couple of weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nyhuis will get done no doubt.

Watching that replay I honestly feel you see that countless times in any game.

I also think the ground is harder over the boundary.

Not a fan of Hinkley making comments. Find that a bit wrong and I’d almost guarantee he wouldn’t comment if it was his own player, so don’t feel he should comment on other teams players.

Doesn't look like it was really Nyhuis' fault from this angle. Barely any motion on the "sling" or in his arms to suggest he's slamming - meanwhile it's clear Grey decided to try and keep the ball in with his left foot during the tackle. Seems like Gray made the wrong decision as the tackled and toppled himself over.

so Robbie Gray tackled himself. :rolleyes::D

I too find it strange, instead of trying to brace the fall with his free arm Gray grabs Nyhuis's hand. It's not that bad of a tackle in terms of a sling it will get 1 or 2 weeks, had Gray not been KO that's a fine.

so Robbie Gray tackled himself. :rolleyes::D

No, but it's laughable people are saying he slammed, slung or drove him into the ground when he clearly didn't with his own force and it clearly wasn't intentional.

Just stupid by Gray that he decided to be cute during a tackle of all things instead of trying to protect himself.

No, but it's laughable people are saying he slammed, slung or drove him into the ground when he clearly didn't with his own force and it clearly wasn't intentional.

Just stupid by Gray that he decided to be cute during a tackle of all things instead of trying to protect himself.
Why is he trying to bury him 1 meter over the line

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 - 3 weeks seems about right, shit tackle in modern footy. Anyone claiming that Nyhuis (and honestly for that matter, J. Cameron or any other player involved in bigger events like this) maliciously did this is wrong. Making your opponent hurt to earn the footy is part of the game. Sometimes it turns out poorly due to shit execution and you pay the price via the tribunal. This is the perfect example.

Glad Dixon went in and threw his weight around as well.

On this note, last event I actually recall that I think was an actual shit campaigner move was the Conca hit to the back of the head. Before that, Barry Hall throwing punches way after it was generally acceptable.

On this note, last event I actually recall that I think was an actual shit campaigner move was the Conca hit to the back of the head. Before that, Barry Hall throwing punches way after it was generally acceptable.

Agree totally with this. Most incidents labeled as "dog acts" or whatever are just a player who was trying to make his opponent earn it and executed his manoeuvre poorly.

Vickery's punch on Cox is probably the other semi-recent one that sticks in my mind.

1-2 games. Pity it wasn’t buddy or it would have been holding the ball and no report. Might have won us the game that tackle, definitely worth it. Plus was kinda grays fault as he did isn’t protect his head.

Lol at Hinkley's presser. Trying to divert attention off the shitshow his team just served up.

2 weeks probably fair. Nyhuis was already murdering Robbie Gray all over the ground, didn't need to try and send him into next week.

Dixon should get 2 weeks from the remonstration, mind you Hinkley might drop him for a few weeks after that spudly performance. I thought he was meant to be a good KPF.

Did laugh when Wilson who weighs probably 50kg gave the old hip and shoulder to Dixon and sent him flying.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back