Official Match Thread S30 Round 7 - Dragons FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

And that concludes the only win the dragons are going to win this weekend

A biased taste test that they almost lost.
Nah, I see it more as a harbinger of Sunday's results. A high-scoring affair where the Bears draw close, but are ultimately no match for the firepower of the Dragons, ably assisted by a biased arbiter (i.e. the simmer is on our payroll).

The First Annual Sweet Guac-Off

Representing the Bears is a Qooty player who, given his name is Mexican slang for a white-boy, should already be raising red flags about the authenticity of his guacamole. Opposing him is my good self, a Season 30 rookie for the Dragons who in a repeat of my first season of U14s footy has somehow fallen into being listed as a Full Forward. After having to make two trips to the shops because guero somehow managed to leave a key ingredient off his recipe first time, it was time to get cracking:

View attachment 958909 View attachment 958908

I'm sure the first thing you would've noticed is that guero's recipe (on the left) uses a lot of stuff out of jars and bottles. as opposed to the positively bursting-with-flavour fresh ingredients on the right-hand side from yours truly. I don't want to post any spoilers here, but it's already looking like guero's culinary habits are as shady as his mullet/sideburns combo.

After putting aside my doubts of adding sour cream into a guacamole and stilling my beating heart at the atrocity of not including some cumin and paprika into the mix, I got to work in the Bad Genius kitchen:

View attachment 958917

Admittedly, once you get past the glowing sheen on top of guero's guacamole (on the left), the lightness of colour that the sour cream brings to the guac was actually quite appealing. There was also a fluffiness to it that my cream-less efforts (on the right) simply couldn't match. That being said they both looked incredibly appetising, especially so for my 2yo daughter who was climbing up onto the table to get herself into it as quickly as possible.

But looks are but a small part of the whole experience. It was time for the moment of truth - the first taste!

View attachment 958919

Due to home ground advantage, I graciously acquiesced to trying guero's version of a world-famous dip before having my tastebuds unfairly influenced by the mouth-wateringly zing of my own concoction. And to my surprise, my first reaction was incredibly positive. Maybe there was more to this sour cream nonsense than I was giving credit for. Was I wrong in my quickness to judge this fine fellow's different perspective on a much-loved dish? The self-doubt that has prevailed throughout my life up to this point was very quick to rear it's ugly head and I had to consciously remind myself that I was still yet to taste my own guac side-by-side for comparison.

I nervously grasped the chip in my hand and very carefully lowered it into the bowl, getting a big chunk on there in preparation of confirming my greatest fears or bringing myself much-needed relief ...

View attachment 958921

... crunch

... munch

... and of course, I should never have worried about it, as it really was no competition. I must give credit to guero though, because his guacamole was supremely tasty, but alas, it fell ever-so-slightly short of the admittedly self-appointed gold standard. And with a bunch of other people (including my very patient daughter) that subsequently dug into it, both dips were a massive hit.

For those that are interested, the winning mix is:

Avocado (smashed)
Red onion (finely diced)
Red chili (finely diced)
Coriander (finely diced)
Ground cumin seeds
Ground paprika
Fresh lime
Salt (to taste)
Brilliant mate!

My only comments are you used a bit too much sour cream and not enough lime or tomatoes...so it's too pale and firm and there aren't enough red bits. Still awesome though. :)

Don't get people that hate Coriander, it's **** delicious
Well, not for the people born with the gene that makes it taste like soap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Sunday all I am focused on is that WAP

W
inning
Against
Players from the Bears at Qooty
A Bears insider tells me they are focused on:

Drinking
Incessantly
Cos
Killed by the Dragons

A Bears insider tells me they are focused on:

Drinking
Incessantly
Cos
Killed by the Dragons

Be Better. That was shithouse mate.

I hope you stopped to check on him and make sure he is alright or else the boys and I will have a run in with a few of your team mates.
Oh yeah I checked on him. I had to find a rock to finish the job. The bloke was delirious..thought he was an actual moose. Clearly beyond help.

Test Tickle I think you'll be playing a man short on Sunday. I had a run-in with one of your mob on the way to the shops today...
View attachment 959007
You took your best hit and you didn’t finish the job.

What’s even worse is you didn’t even have the decency to tag me you chicken shit campaigner

now it’s my turn
A83ABF30-B15C-4209-9D0F-AC48CA7D72B3.gif and I won’t be alone
83FECC14-0046-41CD-85CB-1DE4D24F1217.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S30 Round 7 - Dragons FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back