Official Match Thread S32.R15, Royals v. Bears [Season 32 Heritage Round] – Round 15, Gold City-Las Vegas at Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

And how would you eat a Snickers?

Who the **** eats chocolate bars these days?

I though they had gone the way of FTA TV, video rental stores and photo developers.

Get with the times boomer.

Who the fu** eats chocolate bars these days?

I though they had gone the way of FTA TV, video rental stores and photo developers.

Get with the times boomer.

I must have imagined Halloween this week. Also Halloween Kills.

I’m the same re: gourmet burgers

What’s your take on chips? And loaded chips?

For nachos , I tend to use my hands for the top and as the lower layers have more filling, I switch to cutlery

Haha I’d go one step further and simply say- ALWAYS wash your hands thoroughly before and after eating food (whether with your hands or not ).

MWPP you are wise. I think this question is meant to enlighten people.

Chips from fast food places - hands
Chips from pub etc or on a plate - fork, you can then easily dip them into any sauce they have supplied.
Loaded chips - I don't think I've ever had them. Knife and fork of course.

Agree - ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS. EATING OR NOT NOT, WASH YOUR HANDS.

I prefer Natures Organics. Vegan, not tested on animals and all that.

No, I'm not a vegan/vegetarian. I just prefer to not wash myself in animal fat.

Anyone see a movie called "Fight Club"?

Excellent question and I'm glad you asked. Someone needs to ask the tough questions around here.

Hamburgers:

If it is just a cheap burger from a fast food chain. Hands.

If it is in a restaurant, where you pay a premium, I like to cut my hamburger in half. Only then can I truly tell if it is worth the price I paid.

I will reject the hamburger if it doesn't meet my standards. Otherwise I will eat it with my hands. Any chips and salad I will eat with a fork.

Nachos:

Rarely have them but as far as I recall I usually use a knife and fork. What sort of sicko would stick their fingers into a a mix of melted cheese and salsa?

Important:

ALWAYS wash your hands thoroughly before and after eating food with your hands. This is not a COVID thing. This is an "I'm not a feral thing".
Sicko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Thursday Friday (aka manangatang's fourth second favourite day of the week)! We're running pretty late, as it's my wife's birthday and I've hardly touched my phone. But let's kick off now with ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY FRIDAY!

This much-loved SFA tradition is a pretty simple one - each Thursday Friday in the match thread, a theme is posted at 10am(ish) and than anyone that wants to join in lists their top ten according to the theme. Previous themes have included TOP TEN MOVIE VILLAINS*, TOP TEN GREGORIAN CHANTS and TOP TEN HISTORICAL TAX REFORM PACKAGES. But this week we're gonna be listing ...

... TOP TEN CHILDHOOD TOYS

It might be a very special cuddly toy that you have kept into adulthood, or it might have been something that you used once like a remote control car. Maybe it was your first console (hello there NES) or a specific game like Goldeneye. It might have been something more active like your first football or some rollerskates or a kite (am I being too naive here?) or it could be something that completely gives your age away e.g. Tamagotchi or slapbands or conkers. It doesn't really matter, it's YOUR top ten!

There aren't any other rules for Top Ten Thursday except that your list needs to have ten entries (no more, no less). Feel free to order them from 1-10 if you like, and while explanations aren't necessary, they make the whole thing more interesting. And of course, ripping apart other nominations is definitely allowed/encouraged.

* Hans Gruber figured prominently.

Happy Thursday Friday (aka manangatang's fourth second favourite day of the week)! We're running pretty late, as it's my wife's birthday and I've hardly touched my phone. But let's kick off now with ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY FRIDAY!

This much-loved SFA tradition is a pretty simple one - each Thursday Friday in the match thread, a theme is posted at 10am(ish) and than anyone that wants to join in lists their top ten according to the theme. Previous themes have included TOP TEN MOVIE VILLAINS*, TOP TEN GREGORIAN CHANTS and TOP TEN HISTORICAL TAX REFORM PACKAGES. But this week we're gonna be listing ...

It might be a very special cuddly toy that you have kept into adulthood, or it might have been something that you used once like a remote control car. Maybe it was your first console (hello there NES) or a specific game like Goldeneye. It might have been something more active like your first football or some rollerskates or a kite (am I being too naive here?) or it could be something that completely gives your age away e.g. Tamagotchi or slapbands or conkers. It doesn't really matter, it's YOUR top ten!

There aren't any other rules for Top Ten Thursday except that your list needs to have ten entries (no more, no less). Feel free to order them from 1-10 if you like, and while explanations aren't necessary, they make the whole thing more interesting. And of course, ripping apart other nominations is definitely allowed/encouraged.

In chronological order
1. Elmo age 3 months to current - jmoo wan would approve . Not Tickle-Me but an original. But I got this as a baby and by age 3, Elmo was as "Nearly Headless " as nick . Stored in my beloved cupboard and brought out every month or so for a hug
2. "Goosha" - age 6 months to age 5 a navy blue pillow I used to carry with me everywhere. The pillowcase was smelly, worn and downright rotten and I still remember how I wouldn't let my parents wash it , so one day they bought a replacement which was identical in every way except age only for it to be rejected....until the original was thrown out and Goosha 2 became the new Goosha. I used to sneak it into my Montessori backpack, and only stopped reaching for it as a comfort toy when I started Primary School on my 5th birthday
3. My first car racing set. Age 3 until it broke around age 13. Ahead of its time, I used to spend hours watching my dad set it up (when I was younger) for me to play with, and then set it up myself (when I was older) . They don't make them the same way anymore.
4. Thomas the Tank Engine Rail Track Set. Age 4 until it broke around age 11 during our move. I loved the show, and had a modified , Thomas-like version of the the cake from the Women's Weekly Cake Book , so naturally, I loved this 4th birthday present too. His eyes could roll.
5. Bubble Angel Barbie age 5 - I wasn't big on barbies but this was an exception, and a total gamechanger. Hours of my childhood were spent playing with bubbles as part of our backyard "splash days" . Her outfit was a blend of Jasmine (the only princess who looked remotely like me) and Ariel (my favourite princess) so that was a bonus
6. Fluffy, My Come Here Puppy, age 7. I always wanted a sibling, and then a dog, but my parents couldn't get me the first/refused to get me the second. I was also a daddy's girl. So when he left to the Middle East for work , I was devastated. 7 year old me thought it was a 3 months at home, 2 weeks away arrangement but it turned out that it was the opposite. I begged for this toy but my parents considered it a waste of money. It took my dad leaving for me to get it. It didn't take away my pain of missing my dad, but I really did carry her around for months and then years as a symbol of the family/pet I wanted and the father I missed.
7. Chatter Ring age 7.5 to current - A fad in NZ when I was growing up and yet and one I never grew tired of. Provided hours of entertainment and annoyed my parents
8. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, age 8 to current - I grew up with HP and when my parents bought me the first book so I could read ahead on my own after my teacher was reading it aloud, chapter by chapter, in class, it changed my life. Enough said
9. Table Tennis Table, age 10 - I begged for one for a couple of years prior but space limitations meant that I had to wait . When we finally got it, I spent hours playing . Against friends, my dad, solo (in solo mode). It was the only sport that I seemed naturally good at . To this day, I still love a game of ping pong, despite no formal training.
10. Razor Scooter - Remains my most used childhood (defined as preteen in this instance) birthday present. I got it when I was 11 and used it regularly until I got an overdue upgrade for my 32nd birthday

TOP TEN THURSDAY FRIDAY!

top 10 vegetables

1. Potato
2. Cauliflower
3. Capsicum
4. Carrots
5. Tomatoes (I know they are technically a fruit)
6. Cucumber
7. Broccoli
8. Cos Lettuce (I know a salad)
9. sweet potato
10. Avacado

top 10 vegetables

1. Potato
2. Cauliflower
3. Capsicum
4. Carrots
6. Cucumber
7. Broccoli
9. sweet potato
10. Avacado
So are a few others on your list, technically ;)
But yeah, a little different to what mine would be. Not that I dislike any of the ones youve included but a couple of my favourites are missing

TOP TEN THURSDAY FRIDAY!

You got 10 toys as a child?
Posh

In chronological order
1. Elmo age 3 months to current - jmoo wan would approve . Not Tickle-Me but an original. But I got this as a baby and by age 3, Elmo was as "Nearly Headless " as nick . Stored in my beloved cupboard and brought out every month or so for a hug
2. "Goosha" - age 6 months to age 5 a navy blue pillow I used to carry with me everywhere. The pillowcase was smelly, worn and downright rotten and I still remember how I wouldn't let my parents wash it , so one day they bought a replacement which was identical in every way except age only for it to be rejected....until the original was thrown out and Goosha 2 became the new Goosha. I used to sneak it into my Montessori backpack, and only stopped reaching for it as a comfort toy when I started Primary School on my 5th birthday
3. My first car racing set. Age 3 until it broke around age 13. Ahead of its time, I used to spend hours watching my dad set it up (when I was younger) for me to play with, and then set it up myself (when I was older) . They don't make them the same way anymore.
4. Thomas the Tank Engine Rail Track Set. Age 4 until it broke around age 11 during our move. I loved the show, and had a modified , Thomas-like version of the the cake from the Women's Weekly Cake Book , so naturally, I loved this 4th birthday present too. His eyes could roll.
5. Bubble Angel Barbie age 5 - I wasn't big on barbies but this was an exception, and a total gamechanger. Hours of my childhood were spent playing with bubbles as part of our backyard "splash days" . Her outfit was a blend of Jasmine (the only princess who looked remotely like me) and Ariel (my favourite princess) so that was a bonus
6. Fluffy, My Come Here Puppy, age 7. I always wanted a sibling, and then a dog, but my parents couldn't get me the first/refused to get me the second. I was also a daddy's girl. So when he left to the Middle East for work , I was devastated. 7 year old me thought it was a 3 months at home, 2 weeks away arrangement but it turned out that it was the opposite. I begged for this toy but my parents considered it a waste of money. It took my dad leaving for me to get it. It didn't take away my pain of missing my dad, but I really did carry her around for months and then years as a symbol of the family/pet I wanted and the father I missed.
7. Chatter Ring age 7.5 to current - A fad in NZ when I was growing up and yet and one I never grew tired of. Provided hours of entertainment and annoyed my parents
8. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, age 8 to current - I grew up with HP and when my parents bought me the first book so I could read ahead on my own after my teacher was reading it aloud, chapter by chapter, in class, it changed my life. Enough said
9. Table Tennis Table, age 10 - I begged for one for a couple of years prior but space limitations meant that I had to wait . When we finally got it, I spent hours playing . Against friends, my dad, solo (in solo mode). It was the only sport that I seemed naturally good at . To this day, I still love a game of ping pong, despite no formal training.
10. Razor Scooter - Remains my most used childhood (defined as preteen in this instance) birthday present. I got it when I was 11 and used it regularly until I got an overdue upgrade for my 32nd birthday
Wow - this was way more than I was expecting, but I loved it! I feel like childhood toys has just opened up into a portal of your whole life.

Goosha sounds pretty gross. But I also loved the slot car track I had as a kid, although I suspect my dad might have loved it even more than I did. I've been meaning to take him to a slot car shop not too far from his place for a couple of years now, so I really should do it.

And I had to google what a Chatter Ring actually is.

top 10 vegetables

1. Potato
2. Cauliflower
3. Capsicum
4. Carrots
6. Cucumber
7. Broccoli
9. sweet potato
10. Avacado
If only I'd known you were such a veghead, I would've made it this week's theme. I'm assuming #3 is red capsicum and that green capsicum isn't on your list at all because it's worthless. T2B_ will be none too happy that avocado only just squeezed into the top ten ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY FRIDAY!

Are they an Academy award winner?

Wow - this was way more than I was expecting, but I loved it! I feel like childhood toys has just opened up into a portal of your whole life.

Goosha sounds pretty gross. But I also loved the slot car track I had as a kid, although I suspect my dad might have loved it even more than I did. I've been meaning to take him to a slot car shop not too far from his place for a couple of years now, so I really should do it.

And I had to google what a Chatter Ring actually is.
What can I say? I love kids and work with them and am still a child at heart so the topic really was close to my heart.

Haha Goosha was gross enough back home in NZ but became next level when dragged all over the US by 2 year old me , snot,spit and all. Makes an appearance in the family photo albums :D

Aww I love the idea of taking your dad to a slot car shop. There were several gifts that my parents loved more than me - for mum, it was the blackboard and magna doodle (she would draw /write all sorts of things for me which I didn’t mind but it was the stories I loved more than the art ) , and for dad, it was my first bike that could be converted to a 2 wheeler without training wheels (my dad would spend hours riding on it down the hill despite it being bright pink haha, whilst I broke my arm falling off the bike when I was 5 so I was scared to try it again for a long time).

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S32.R15, Royals v. Bears [Season 32 Heritage Round] – Round 15, Gold City-Las Vegas at Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back