Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The SFA has never been about law and order, it's about Mabo, the vibe and bashing each other with mallets until only one is left standing and they get to decide what the ruling is.
This is news to me

The question should never have been "Is this rule too harsh?", the question should've been "Did Bombers break the rule?" which is an obvious yes. Therefore it should be upheld.

The rule was broken when it was classified as high impact, so it should be penalised as such.

Now after the fact we can certainly look to change the rule to medium impact as it should be (most people feel this way), but when the Bombers broke the rule it was a high impact penalty.

DOES LITERALLY NO ONE HERE UNDERSTAND HOW LAW WORKS???
Law? When did anyone say law? These are rules.

Remember when it was "Rules & Etiquette"?
Sad Twin Peaks GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

My point was more there's probably no need to penalise entire clubs for anything at all but I'd say the squad submission is as simple as a team sheet, just put in a complete one. The punishment (initially) was harsh but the rules are still there in writing, it's not hard to put info in a post, especially when you have ample time to do it. It gets more confusing having lots of sub-rules for one feature IMO. As for suspension, even if you downgraded the severity a level it's still a match off.

And it's not like we're dealing with an epidemic here, that rule has been in place across three admins. Why do we only shine a spotlight on rules we disagree with on the super rare occurrence somebody breaks it? We've gone 5 or 6 seasons without captains half-assing their submissions.
And my point is we shouldn’t suspend people now and say ‘oh we’ll review it later but’ which is exactly what has been said and done here.
That doesn’t sit right and suspending the sentences seems the right thing to do in this case, it’s already been voted to a downgrade…even if that downgrade was written as ‘dismiss’ which kinda means (bringing ‘law’ into it) throw out :$

And my point is we shouldn’t suspend people now and say ‘oh we’ll review it later but’ which is exactly what has been said and done here.
That doesn’t sit right and suspending the sentences seems the right thing to do in this case, it’s already been voted to a downgrade…even if that downgrade was written as ‘dismiss’ which kinda means (bringing ‘law’ into it) throw out :$

All technicality really. If the rules now say we should suspend people then we should and the review of the rules should go without saying, they should/do/have reviews on a season to season basis. Like I said earlier, we always seem to complain about rules when they catch somebody breaking them, yet every club has access not only to the rules as written but also to a representative that can identify rules that seem wrong and attempt to rectify them as part of a leadership committee.

Of course I say this believing well and truly the Bombers captains should be suspended because they failed to read the rules that have been there for many years. That's their role. The only injustice that happened, that has thankfully been rectified, is the archaic points penalty system that punishes a whole club for the laziness of the people that have chosen to take responsibility.

Like I said earlier, we always seem to complain about rules when they catch somebody breaking them, yet every club has access not only to the rules as written but also to a representative that can identify rules that seem wrong and attempt to rectify them as part of a leadership committee.
Can't attempt to help you highlight this enough.

All technicality really. If the rules now say we should suspend people then we should and the review of the rules should go without saying, they should/do/have reviews on a season to season basis. Like I said earlier, we always seem to complain about rules when they catch somebody breaking them, yet every club has access not only to the rules as written but also to a representative that can identify rules that seem wrong and attempt to rectify them as part of a leadership committee.

Of course I say this believing well and truly the Bombers captains should be suspended because they failed to read the rules that have been there for many years. That's their role. The only injustice that happened, that has thankfully been rectified, is the archaic points penalty system that punishes a whole club for the laziness of the people that have chosen to take responsibility.

Yeah **** those guys ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I say this believing well and truly the Bombers captains should be suspended because they failed to read the rules that have been there for many years.
Do you think the captains that illegally signed players should also have been suspended per the rules?

Do you think the captains that illegally signed players should also have been suspended per the rules?

Yes. Especially now as most will look to rookie intake to gauge the current growth of the league in relation to expansion. It's a form of stat padding and the alternative to that is we're getting an influx of rookie names on sheets that are going to offer zero activity.

Yes. Especially now as most will look to rookie intake to gauge the current growth of the league in relation to expansion. It's a form of stat padding and the alternative to that is we're getting an influx of rookie names on sheets that are going to offer zero activity.
Your first word is fair, the rest, well you know my stance already.

Just wondering where your posts have been about the many clubs that broke the rule and all got let off with no captains being suspended for failing to read the rules that have been there for many years. ;)

Just wondering where your posts have been about the many clubs that broke the rule and all got let off with no captains being suspended for failing to read the rules that have been there for many years. ;)

Thats not a Bomber narrative ...

I think it's pretty clear by my posting in this thread yesterday that I didn't even know it was a rule until you brought it up.

I think it's pretty clear by my posting in this thread yesterday that I didn't even know it was a rule until you brought it up.

Apparently ignorance is no excuse lol

It's ok, I'm not a captain.

I also think just posting is intent enough to join the league as an off season free agent. There are some that still haven't made a post on this board.
There must be a specified format. It can be relaxed in off-season but it still must be specific.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules S33 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back