Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't gotten to rounding up people and throwing them in gulags yet.

Kochie has actually succeeded in turning the PAFC into a small business. Should this surprise? Not at all, given his whole schtick.

It's about dollars and cents for him. The 'Chasing Greatness Fund' is about making a 'Financially Powerful' PAFC. That's what it says on the sticker - not winning a flag (i.e. premiership fund), literally about being monied. Just like any small business is about feet through the door, building a customer base etc. And frankly, Kochie has been pretty good about running a regieme that achievd this. Problem is, a football club - or any pro sport entity - is about winning the final game of the season.

If Kochie runs the admin like a small business that is out to get in the black, KH-Davies have been allowed to run the footy side like a family business: internal promotions, looking after our own, closing ranks when the pressure is on to keep those internal values together. Problem is, family businesses that are successful know which family members to keep and which to release into the wild.

I get the sentiment that we're being run by a dictator, and it's not far from the mark given we can't elect a board as members, but in reality, we're actually run by inept hacks with too much power, too much tenure, and not enough spine to make the necessary calls when they need to be made.

For old-school fans (that doesn't just mean pre-97 btw) it's a depressing state of affairs.

When I saw Farriss on the ground with Mr Peabody, I knew then this guy was about to turn us into a circus. I think we may be the clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bigger issue is - why are we relying on media scrutiny to bully us into making decisions we should be making anyway?

The media suck but it's not their fault that our club is the way it is.
Yup. Also I don't know how many times over the years I've said that I'd hate to be on our marketing team. We can look like world beaters one minute and absolute shite the next. The media like a good narrative and we've burned them for getting invested before. A bunch of our supporters no longer give a shit, why would the media?

They rated Horse Longmire the same as Donuts. Great insight. Yes, Sydney and Port are both performing the same and have for some time. Sheesh

Longmire is a bit like Beveridge and formerly Leon Cameron in that everyone just assumes they’re underachieving by default, regardless of circumstances.

Whereas Hinkley is the opposite, what with everyone harking back to 2012 and assuming Port is just a rickety house made out of paddlepop sticks and animal dung which will instantly collapse into rubble as soon as Kenny™ decides to waddle off back to Sunraysia or wherever.

Then the dominoes would fall far more quickly after removing the white ant of the Hinkley protection racket!

experience GIF

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back