Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't need to do that even. All he has to do is stay in his own lane, listen to people who understand the game and bring success.

He would argue that he's doing that by listening to Davies, Hinkley, Cassisi et al. His problem is not looking at something like 2018 and thinking "these blokes don't know what they're talking about".

I think we had a fork in the road with Koch where he slammed the players post 2016 and when they had a sook about it, retreated back into his shell never to hold anyone accountable again.

img_5096-jpeg.2046149
Thought this could be a best seller for port fans 🤣

IMG_7434.jpeg

There are not a lot of people on this site who have worked with him personally who have anything good to say about the bloke.

And then you look at the results and you just have to know he truly is a professional BSer.

Lockhart Road has posted anecdotes many times on our good friend Mr. Koch, and his pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

I've heard that Koch is actually quite self aware around his lack of football knowledge/experience and leans heavily on others when it comes to football matters. He's far from the biggest problem at the club.
That’s the opposite of what I’ve heard, and this is from someone who has had direct access to the board room. Kochkead can’t help himself but interfere and intervene where he shouldn’t.
Admittedly this is a few years ago, BW (Before Warren) so he may have changed.

You just know the narrative once Hinkley is gone will be about 'why anyone would want to coach Port when the fans turn on the coach with a 60% winning record, they have no realistic expectations...blah blah blah'
My response to this is the same as when I hear that the attitude and expectations of the supporter base might drive players away.

The response: “Good”

If a coach or player can’t handle the heat of being of being in the Port Adelaide kitchen, then **** off.

We only want those who are going to embrace the expectations and pressure, and embrace the ethos.

If our “carry on” as supporters helps us separate the wheat from the chaff, then great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My response to this is the same as when I hear that the attitude and expectations of the supporter base might drive players away.

The response: “Good”

If a coach or player can’t handle the heat of being of being in the Port Adelaide kitchen, then **** off.

We only want those who are going to embrace the expectations and pressure, and embrace the ethos.

If our “carry on” as supporters helps us separate the wheat from the chaff, then great.

Yeah, the “who’d wanna be a coach / who’d wanna coach there?!” handwringing is out of this world.

Ken Hinkley has literally been given more rope and loot than any other coach with his desolate record of achievements in the entire history of the game.

His sob story consists of:

• “they started booing me when we were en route to a 100pt home smashing to the 13th-placed team at home”,

• “they put up a sticker and some cardboard signs on Port Road”,

• “their living GOAT suggested my position was untenable after back-to-back smashings in my 11th season, which was also a contract year”.

The horror of it!

It’s about time we heard some journalism to compensate for what is Helen Lovejoy levels of pearlclutching, particularly from a cohort which has been happy to call for Clarko, Bevo, Goodwin and Simpson’s head in the past — the latter they just gleefully tapdanced on his grave.

You just know the narrative once Hinkley is gone will be about 'why anyone would want to coach Port when the fans turn on the coach with a 60% winning record, they have no realistic expectations...blah blah blah'

Lol we'd be appealing af to coach. Absolute gun young midfield. Some talent to work with at both ends. Depth not great but overall pretty young. A fanbase absolute desperate for change, of any kind, wanting to be engaged.

Lol we'd be appealing af to coach. Absolute gun young midfield. Some talent to work with at both ends. Depth not great but overall pretty young. A fanbase absolute desperate for change, of any kind, wanting to be engaged.

I still cop, “who are we gonna get to replace him then, hmmm?”, from that cohort of fans as if the club is based in downtown Kyiv and a condition of employment is a one-way trip to the front.

Yeah, the “who’d wanna be a coach / who’d wanna coach there?!” handwringing is out of this world.

Ken Hinkley has literally been given more rope and loot than any other coach with his desolate record of achievements in the entire history of the game.

His sob story consists of:

• “they started booing me when we were en route to a 100pt home smashing to the 13th-placed team at home”,

• “they put up a sticker and some cardboard signs on Port Road”,

• “their living GOAT suggested my position was untenable after back-to-back smashings in my 11th season, which was also a contract year”.

The horror of it!

It’s about time we heard some journalism to compensate for what is Helen Lovejoy levels of pearlclutching, particularly from a cohort which has been happy to call for Clarko, Bevo, Goodwin and Simpson’s head in the past — the latter they just gleefully tapdanced on his grave.
We aren’t a real club in their minds.
We are a variation of a local SA club. Since 2007 we have not warranted any real attention. If anything 2007 started the validation of their view for our rightful place.
We’ve since rolled over and become an entertainment product to align with those views. We’re a cute little SA team trying our best, with leaders enabling this narrative.
It’s all very unacceptable really.

I still cop, “who are we gonna get to replace him then, hmmm?”, from that cohort of fans as if the club is based in downtown Kyiv and a condition of employment is a one-way trip to the front.
I recently had the same question from my mum. My grandfather made the team of the century for PAFC 1900-2000 ffs. The propaganda is deep.

We aren’t a real club in their minds.
We are a variation of a local SA club. Since 2007 we have not warranted any real attention. If anything 2007 started the validation of their view for our rightful place.
We’ve since rolled over and become an entertainment product to align with those views. We’re a cute little SA team trying our best, with leaders enabling this narrative.
It’s all very unacceptable really.

100%. Holding coaches and board members to account, and demanding better than stable mediocrity and just making up the numbers is the domain of real football clubs.

That’s the real story here.

100%. Holding coaches and board members to account, and demanding better than stable mediocrity and just making up the numbers is the domain of real football clubs.

That’s the real story here.
It’s internal leadership. Whilst everyone steering the company need not be a PAFC traditionalist that expects to win, we need a better balance. Having the odd Holly to focus on their lane is ok, but when that type is overly represented you end up with…. us right now.
How the **** aren’t more PAFC people from the 80s, 90s, 00s involved in the club. The whole Oneclub (or whatever they called it) should set a landscape for these people to spit chips with the current situation.

Don't worry people! Kenneth KG Cunnigham has just defended "Kenny"(TM) Hinkley as a loyal and strong person.

I am at ease now.
Where do these goldfish in the media get the idea that Hinkley is loyal to anything other than his wallet?

1720839791264.png

Where do these goldfish in the media get the idea that Hinkley is loyal to anything other than his wallet?

View attachment 2046869
Whenever a manager comes to me at work worried about firing someone I tell them two things:

1) no person likes to come to work and underperform. They might not realise it yet, but this is better for them and us.
2) with this person staying in the role you are preventing another person out there from coming in and succeeding. Think about them.

The fact we had a ++ to point 1, as in, the person had another opportunity that would actually suit them better, and we still ****ed it up is remarkably poor club leadership. Remarkably.

Whenever a manager comes to me at work worried about firing someone I tell them two things:

1) no person likes to come to work and underperform. They might not realise it yet, but this is better for them and us.
2) with this person staying in the role you are preventing another person out there from coming in and succeeding. Think about them.

The fact we had a ++ to point 1, as in, the person had another opportunity that would actually suit them better, and we still ****ed it up is remarkably poor club leadership. Remarkably.
pfft easy for you to say, as someone who is not in a greyhound syndicate with the employees

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back