Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

'What makes GC so good at home'

Look at how he answers, he literally has no idea. He can't even talk about their attributes, just deflects his answer and smirks. 12 years! what a gig.

"I don't know their players that well"

-Ken Hinkley, 2024

'What makes GC so good at home'

Look at how he answers, he literally has no idea. He can't even talk about their attributes, just deflects his answer and smirks. 12 years! what a gig.

"We get evidence straight away that Gold Coast is a very good team at home"

WTF does that even mean?

"It would be a massive win for us."

Supposed premiership contender beating 12th placed SUNS. This loser always lowers expectation.

Last year it was Tredders criticism that got them going, this year it's criticism from a sizeable proportion of the supporter base. When do these players fire up because they desperately want to win a flag. It's all so reactionary, they're never setting the agenda.

Organised a trip 3 mths ago to visit the Gold Coast to watch Port play. I'm here now but have decided I'm not going. Lost the love for the club atm despite the great win against the Dogs. I'm so sick of Hinkley being coach. It's like a prison sentence.
Only a grand final berth will ignite any excitement from me this year, and we all know that ain't happening.

Hinkley gets 7 and 7.

3 time premiership coach Hardwick gets 6.5 and 5.

Make it make sense.

Gossage gives Hinkley the same as Longmire. Lay off the ****ing crack you complete idiot.

Among other things, Ken trades off actually not having made a Grand Final. He and his supporters can live under the delusion that they would have won, rather than allowing a direct comparison to others that got exposed on the big stage. A moral premiership to rival the English cricket team. It’s insane, but here we are.

Last edited:
Telling Hinkley to GAGF and pulling the pin on this loser regime gets him almost enough points for a container ship full of brownies.
Can you provide details on this? Not sure what you referring to. From memory his exit was because the club mismanaged him, and basically forgot to touch base regarding his contract, and consequently he moved to WCE if memory serves.

So if GC are tough to beat at home, does that mean our Football Analyst has advised our Senior Coach on their players' names and strengths, so a team and gameplan can be devised to best counter them?

Yeah, OK, don't answer that. I was just ranting to myself. Again.

“I don’t know their players that well”

- Ken Hinkley

So if GC are tough to beat at home, does that mean our Football Analyst has advised our Senior Coach on their players' names and strengths, so a team and gameplan can be devised to best counter them?

"Hey dad, oh there's evidence straight away that Gold Coast is a very good team at home. Here is a list of player names with pictures so you know who they are"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Carr does get the West Coast gig. I'd love to see their stupid plans blow up in their dumb faces. It would also force us to find the best available coach.
And it turns out the best available coach was under our noses all along, as we congratulate the next senior coach of the PAFC Cameron Sutcliffe.

And it turns out the best available coach was under our noses all along, as we congratulate the next senior coach of the PAFC Cameron Sutcliffe.
If Carr wanted to, he could play the WCE angle to force Ports hand and get the Port head coach gig this year, ala Sam Mitchell

Would rely on WCE being heavily interested, and Carr wanting the Port gig now and not later.

This is where Tredrea may come to the fore.

Because of his friendship with Carr, and his position re Hinkley, I could see him getting involved if Carr to West Coast does turn out to be a thing.

The audacity of Ken though, after the year we've had re his job, saying he can't control if Carr wants to have a crack at West Coast, i.e this is my job and I'm not going anywhere right now so if Carr wants another opportunity, all the best.

He is quite possibly the most selfish man to ever walk through the doors at Alberton.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't worry, Ken won't get caught out like that again. He has a plan for Karmichael Hunt.

I'm not either for or against Carr at this point, but imagine losing your successor coach, who you've been training for two years and supposedly have a handshake agreement with, to a rival club, likely 2-3 months before your woefully underperforming coach of 12 years is forced to call it a day anyway on the back of massive supporter unrest, just because you don't have the cojones to sack him.

IMG_8795.gif

Can you provide details on this? Not sure what you referring to. From memory his exit was because the club mismanaged him, and basically forgot to touch base regarding his contract, and consequently he moved to WCE if memory serves.
Signed a one year extension in August. West Coast offered 3. Not sure of the timeline but he was staying until he wasn't. He was door stopped on his way out of Alan Scott Headquarters the day after the prelim disaster saying "He's sad to leave this great club". 😭😭

I'm not either for or against Carr at this point, but imagine losing your successor coach, who you've been training for two years and supposedly have a handshake agreement with, to a rival club, likely 2-3 months before your woefully underperforming coach of 12 years is forced to call it a day anyway on the back of massive supporter unrest, just because you don't have the cojones to sack him.

View attachment 2045139

Sign me up for the scenario that most embarrasses Kochie

I don't think there's a but here... I agree.

I guess, where I was coming from is I'd love to know exactly why. It's easy to assume it's self preservation or whatever, but we don't KNOW. At the end of the day, Ken is responsible for setting the behaviors, the expectations and correcting these underlying root cause issues. So I'm not saying he shouldn't be held responsible, I'd just like to know as a supporter, exactly why, for sure. It's an unanswerable question. Nobody is going to fess up.
The answer is as plain as day.

We go from being smashed by 13 goals at home by a struggling side below us on the ladder, to a 2 point win against a very poor Saints side, to top 4 material with a home victory against a really bad Dogs side.
This improvement only happened when Supporters booed Hinkley and cardboard man left his mark at the Port. So that goes to show that the whole footy department are responsible, they were shocked out of their cushy easy mode to actually playing decent footy, pure signs of lazy training and preparation of a professional sporting club.

Make no mistake these players and coaches with the exception of a few are not playing for the jumper or the supporters, they were rocked out of selfish lazy mode in a big hurry when Daddy Hinkley came under fire.

By the few I was referring to JHF, Butters, Bergman and Rozee, they try their guts out.

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back