Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

The most baller move possible by Carr is to force them to sack Hinkley and then take the West Coast job anyway.

West Coast are bottoming out but we all know they'll win a flag within the next decade. If we get Hinkley sacked, we've still got Koch and the rest of our board, Richardson, potentially Davies.

The answer is as plain as day.

We go from being smashed by 13 goals at home by a struggling side below us on the ladder, to a 2 point win against a very poor Saints side, to top 4 material with a home victory against a really bad Dogs side.
This improvement only happened when Supporters booed Hinkley and cardboard man left his mark at the Port. So that goes to show that the whole footy department are responsible, they were shocked out of their cushy easy mode to actually playing decent footy, pure signs of lazy training and preparation of a professional sporting club.

Make no mistake these players and coaches with the exception of a few are not playing for the jumper or the supporters, they were rocked out of selfish lazy mode in a big hurry when Daddy Hinkley came under fire.

By the few I was referring to JHF, Butters, Bergman and Rozee, they try their guts out.

Bang on that we've only had genuinely stirring wins in the last decade when his job was on the line. Renew him on a 2 week rolling contract which expires as soon as he loses 2 games in a row.

So if GC are tough to beat at home, does that mean our Football Analyst has advised our Senior Coach on their players' names and strengths, so a team and gameplan can be devised to best counter them?

Yeah, OK, don't answer that. I was just ranting to myself. Again.
Ken is using his usual snake oil garbage to make himself look like the mastermind coach.
In his ****ed up head if he comes out and says to the media that GC at home are a very good side, for Hinkley to prevail he would have to be a very good coach. Like winning at the cattery.

Only a grand final berth will ignite any excitement from me this year, and we all know that ain't happening.

I have written this FIVE YEARS ago:

"Why did not our win on Friday restore some of the trust on our season? We played like Premiers!"

- We certainly did! We planned a sound strategy, and the players executed it beautifully. It was perfect. Still, I cannot forget how dumb we were against Brisbane and Richmond. Besides, sustainable success is something we haven't seen yet under Hinkley. There has been no answer to the 'Riddle of the Sphinkley' (Part I/Part II). Until then, I cannot trust the team.

"How would he answer it?"

- I don't think this question has a proper answer. Quoting S.C.O.T.U.S. Justice Potter Stewart in Jacobellis v. Ohio (1964), "I know it when I see it." One can only wait and see what happens. However, I suspect that, if we win the Grand Final, I would be watching it happily in disbelief. I won't know it even when I see it...

Nothing has changed. It's beyond ridiculous.

-----​

Full text:

Gossage gives Hinkley the same as Longmire. Lay off the ****ing crack you complete idiot.

The lack of media scrutiny we receive is absolute insane. Obviously the likes of Caro and Kane are biased due to personal and professional connections, but even outside of that we get this sort of insanely shallow analysis.

'What makes GC so good at home'

Look at how he answers, he literally has no idea. He can't even talk about their attributes, just deflects his answer and smirks. 12 years! what a gig.

Makes sense that Hinkley would find a home ground advantage puzzling.

The most baller move possible by Carr is to force them to sack Hinkley and then take the West Coast job anyway.

West Coast are bottoming out but we all know they'll win a flag within the next decade. If we get Hinkley sacked, we've still got Koch and the rest of our board, Richardson, potentially Davies.

If this happens build a statue outside of Alberton.

The lack of media scrutiny we receive is absolute insane. Obviously the likes of Caro and Kane are biased due to personal and professional connections, but even outside of that we get this sort of insanely shallow analysis.
Caro and Kornes's world view basically boils down to letting Hinkley coach for as long as he wants to, or until he dies, and then folding the club.

'What makes GC so good at home'

Look at how he answers, he literally has no idea. He can't even talk about their attributes, just deflects his answer and smirks. 12 years! what a gig.

He probably doesn't know who their players are either.

The bigger issue is - why are we relying on media scrutiny to bully us into making decisions we should be making anyway?

The media suck but it's not their fault that our club is the way it is.

"We get evidence straight away that Gold Coast is a very good team at home"

WTF does that even mean?

"It would be a massive win for us."

Supposed premiership contender beating 12th placed SUNS. This loser always lowers expectation.

Isn't ******* McGee 12-1 against the suns? Or undefeated?

Yeah they haven't lost at home this year, but they're still outside the 8. And they tend to play worse sides at home. And they just lost to ****ing NORF.

As much as he'd like to talk them up, beating the SUNS isn't exactly a prelim final, kerny boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang on that we've only had genuinely stirring wins in the last decade when his job was on the line. Renew him on a 2 week rolling contract which expires as soon as he loses 2 games in a row.
No. If we did this we would finish 9th with 12 wins and 11 losses every year until Hinkley dies.

Isn't ******* McGee 12-1 against the suns? Or undefeated?

Yeah they haven't lost at home this year, but they're still outside the 8. And they tend to play worse sides at home. And they just lost to ****ing NORF.

As much as he'd like to talk them up, beating the SUNS isn't exactly a prelim final, kerny boy.
And they always suck harder towards the end of the year.

12 seasons in no GF appearances, puts on the crying when the heat is on and state after a game "I want the job"

Sure he wants Carr to stay, just like all the other threats of assistants he glad they move on

Carr leaves maybe it will force the club to do a nationwide search for the next coach
View attachment 2045213
Nah.
Just extend Ken for five more years.

"Hey dad, oh there's evidence straight away that Gold Coast is a very good team at home. Here is a list of player names with pictures so you know who they are"

Apparently he’s always promised player profiles, but never receives them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd take Ken Cunningham at the moment.
Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-charlie, you be the f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-full f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-

I'm not either for or against Carr at this point, but imagine losing your successor coach, who you've been training for two years and supposedly have a handshake agreement with, to a rival club, likely 2-3 months before your woefully underperforming coach of 12 years is forced to call it a day anyway on the back of massive supporter unrest, just because you don't have the cojones to sack him.

View attachment 2045139

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They wouldn’t be “losing” him. They would know most things about Carr. It would be because they don’t want him.

We probably have one if not the worst cultures down at the club at the moment in world sport.

It is literally the narcissistic save your own job, get another contract by any means necessary, put in some effort when some outside pressure come up, slag off anyone who demands standards.

We are worse than the Crows.

I got some pushback from it before but we are a fascist regime.
We haven't gotten to rounding up people and throwing them in gulags yet.

Kochie has actually succeeded in turning the PAFC into a small business. Should this surprise? Not at all, given his whole schtick.

It's about dollars and cents for him. The 'Chasing Greatness Fund' is about making a 'Financially Powerful' PAFC. That's what it says on the sticker - not winning a flag (i.e. premiership fund), literally about being monied. Just like any small business is about feet through the door, building a customer base etc. And frankly, Kochie has been pretty good about running a regieme that achievd this. Problem is, a football club - or any pro sport entity - is about winning the final game of the season.

If Kochie runs the admin like a small business that is out to get in the black, KH-Davies have been allowed to run the footy side like a family business: internal promotions, looking after our own, closing ranks when the pressure is on to keep those internal values together. Problem is, family businesses that are successful know which family members to keep and which to release into the wild.

I get the sentiment that we're being run by a dictator, and it's not far from the mark given we can't elect a board as members, but in reality, we're actually run by inept hacks with too much power, too much tenure, and not enough spine to make the necessary calls when they need to be made.

For old-school fans (that doesn't just mean pre-97 btw) it's a depressing state of affairs.

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back