Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

my god, how hard is it to understand that going backwards is not even a big deal because we are going ****ing nowhere right now. It's not even a sure bet we get worse or better, but I sure as hell would love us to be trying something different after 12 ****ing years.

We have been losing the same way for that 12 years, we've been falling down at the same stage for those 12 years. Nothing ever changes. Please for the love of god break the cycle for better or worse. Prove to us you are at least ****ing trying to win shit, it's not too much to ask.
This is of course correct, what makes it worse is that because what now appears to be the majority of Port fans have tried to hold Hinkley to account for his constant failures, he does not like or respect the fan base. It’s almost like he hangs around in spite of us. **** off you selfish campaigner.

Fagan's been coaching 4 years less than Hinkley.

In that time Fagan has got Brisbane into the finals 6 years straight, something Hinkley has not done. He got Brisbane into a GF that was lost by a kick, something Hinkley has not done and has now coached a flag, something Hinkley has not done.

Seriously, how many more chances do you expect Hinkley to get and how is using a coach as an example who is far more successful in far less a period of time supposed to justify us sticking by Ken for even longer?
Give Hinkley the same generous concessions Fagan has benefited from (father sons and academy players) over the journey and I can guarantee that he wins a flag by now. We're essentially competing with one arm tied behind our back given all the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW.
You are comparing him to men that cracked the code well before year 12 in tenure. Now bugger off.
Longmire is another coach who enjoys the benefits of father sons and academy players. Those who run our club are well aware of the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW and are doing their best to put us in positions to contend for a premiership.

You brush off four top 4 finishes in the last five years like it doesn't mean much but there are several clubs in Victoria who haven't made the top 4 for yonks despite all the advantages they get. Essendon for example haven't finished top 4 since 2001 and haven't won a final since 2004. Imagine if instead of not winning a flag since 2004 we're sitting here without a finals win since 2004? At least we've enjoyed some great finals wins in recent times unlike Essendon.

Give Hinkley the same generous concessions Fagan has benefited from (father sons and academy players) over the journey and I can guarantee that he wins a flag by now. We're essentially competing with one arm tied behind our back given all the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW.

Longmire is another coach who enjoys the benefits of father sons and academy players. Those who run our club are well aware of the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW and are doing their best to put us in positions to contend for a premiership.

You brush off four top 4 finishes in the last five years like it doesn't mean much but there are several clubs in Victoria who haven't made the top 4 for yonks despite all the advantages they get. Essendon for example haven't finished top 4 since 2001 and haven't won a final since 2004. Imagine if instead of not winning a flag since 2004 we're sitting here without a finals win since 2004? At least we've enjoyed some great finals wins in recent times unlike Essendon.

You’re playing all the hits.

• ‘the deck is stacked against us’ :(

• benchmarking against the only club in the AFL to cop a global sanction

Tell us ‘it’s not the SANFL anymore’ and we ‘think winning flags is easy’ and you can call it a night.

Last edited:

lmao

If this were all true we wouldn't have finished top 4 in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Your well trodden horseshit doesn't and can't explain how we are capable of finishing top 4 but then hit finals and get thrashed by teams we easy accounted for just a few weeks prior.

I remember hearing similar things about Hardwick when he had coached for seven years and had zero finals wins to show for it. A good coach who lacks the tactical nous to take the next step. Fagan was also widely criticised for his lack of tactical nous while being acknowledged as being a good but not great coach. I just don't want us throwing the baby out with the bathwater as we have a good list that needs a few holes plugged, look at North Melbourne they threw the baby out with the bathwater a few years ago and have been a raging bin fire ever since.

It's interesting reading the Sydney board and how the criticisms directed at Longmire are similar to those directed at Hinkley by our fans. Longmire has lost four grand finals in a row while Hinkley has lost four preliminary finals in a row so there is a similarity there. That and the fact both Longmire and Hinkley have great win rates in the home and away season. For what it's worth I don't think either of them should be sacked, but as far as Hinkley goes he deserves to coach out the last year of his contract. When was the last time a coach was sacked after making a preliminary final? It just doesn't happen.
Go back about 5 Sack Hinkey threads. All your lame defences have been done and dusted a million times. It's loser talk that doesn't belong at Alberton. Weed out the no hopers.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

lmao

If this were all true we wouldn't have finished top 4 in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Your well trodden horseshit doesn't and can't explain how we are capable of finishing top 4 but then hit finals and get thrashed by teams we easy accounted for just a few weeks prior.
Any game with heightened expectation really disgracing the memory of Russell Ebert etc.

I remember hearing similar things about Hardwick when he had coached for seven years and had zero finals wins to show for it. A good coach who lacks the tactical nous to take the next step. Fagan was also widely criticised for his lack of tactical nous while being acknowledged as being a good but not great coach. I just don't want us throwing the baby out with the bathwater as we have a good list that needs a few holes plugged, look at North Melbourne they threw the baby out with the bathwater a few years ago and have been a raging bin fire ever since.

It's interesting reading the Sydney board and how the criticisms directed at Longmire are similar to those directed at Hinkley by our fans. Longmire has lost four grand finals in a row while Hinkley has lost four preliminary finals in a row so there is a similarity there. That and the fact both Longmire and Hinkley have great win rates in the home and away season. For what it's worth I don't think either of them should be sacked, but as far as Hinkley goes he deserves to coach out the last year of his contract. When was the last time a coach was sacked after making a preliminary final? It just doesn't happen.

Kicking to shithouse and praying to god that Charlie marks it. Is a crap gameplan that doesn’t work against the best teams? His high press constantly gets exposed time after time.

There is no similarity between Longmire or Fagan or Scott or anyone who is tactically astute.

Ken Hinkley is the biggest joke to ever walk into our club. 12 years of failure. 12 wasted fücking years, countless lists Ken has to win, and he can’t even make it to a grand final. We used to sack coaches for not making grand finals. I.e., God bless him, Geoff Motley. The Port Adelaide that most grew up with didn’t tolerate putting up without success. Our once ruthless board would have told Ken to get to fück after the Hawthorn game in 2015.

The constant blaming of everything else apart from the actual problem itself, which in this case is Ken, is why we are here, and supporters (most on here and me included) are coming off the top turnbuckle begging for the club to sack him. Think why members again, myself and most on here that are members, voted for Tredders to go on the board? To sack him and bring back our club to the giant it once was.

You have no idea how big our club is. We’re a fücking sleeping giant. We were a club that put fear, actual fear, into the opposition. Clubs hated versus because we gave the opposition hell. Since Hinkley and Co. have rocked up, all of that is gone, and yet, you and people like yourself keep defending Ken. It’s honestly beyond beggars belief that a certain minority keeps defending this loser.

Last edited:
This is definitely a troll account. No way you specifically made an account, came here straightaway, have gone nowhere else, and went in to bat for Kenny. You wouldn’t have even read any of this thread either.
Or it's Richo.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cant believe I haven't made the top 5 for a single thread, despite second overall. Consistency. Stability. I'm the Hinkley of the sack hinkley thread 😡

You won SH4. You also have 4 2nd places.

IMG_8621.jpeg

EskimoPAFC and JimmyBC would be the candidates for the “Hinkley of the Sack-Hinkley threads” award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, 5 of the last 6 finals have been losses to side beaten on the previous encounter. Last year Ken himself said it was the best list he's ever had, since then we've convincingly lost 4 out 5 finals.

The year he said it was the best list he's ever had, we went out in straight sets. This year we lost a final by 84 points, 2 weeks later we lost by 6 goals to a side we beat by 112 points the last encounter. A 25 goal turn around, with almost the same side, in less than 2 months.

What part of Hinkley's record allows you to "Guarantee" he'd of won a flag?

In '21 we beat the dogs in the last H&A game, then in the prelim lost by 71 points (the dogs lost their best forward before that final)
Last year we went out in straight sets to sides beaten earlier in the year (102 & 74 point turn arounds on the previous encounters)
This year we lost to Geelong (90 point turn around on the previous encounter) then Sydney (148 point turn around on the previous encounter)

The list was good enough to win those games during the home and away season but not good enough come finals?

And if you want to try blame the players, half the side has changed since the '21 Dogs prelim along with half the coaching box....

You’re playing all the hits.

• ‘the deck is stacked against us’ :(

• benchmarking against the only club in the AFL to cop a global sanction

Tell us ‘it’s not the SANFL anymore’ and we ‘think winning flags is easy’ and you can all it a night.
The deck is stacked against us, and Freo, Adelaide and West Coast.

Truly the SA and WA clubs are great for VFL business as they have die hard loyal fan bases in footy strongholds so the league could not give two shits about them.

It’s not a card I’ll play in defence of Hinkley but maybe we win that 2014 prelim if not for cheating umpires. History would be so very different.

Then to see Stevic cheat Hawthorn home in the 2015 prelim v Freo and West Coast get wiped hosting the Hawks at the G…. I mean if you didn’t start understanding the battles faced by non Vic clubs then you never would. 2016 finals series was the final nail in the coffin for me. Illegitimate league. Contrived league. Corrupt.

Brisbane had the good fortune of not having to contend with a parochial crowd, biased umpires and made the most of it, much like we did in 2004. We then saw the complete reversal of it in 2007.

Regardless, sack Hinkley, he’s had enough chances and the cats final this year was an utter disgrace as was the dogs prelim, the 0-5 start in whenever and not winning a final for 5 seasons in a row. All of this garbage is sack on the spot ineptitude that had nothing to do with the other handicaps to overcome.

Brisbane were a laughing stock with us and took several more years to rebuild than us.

**** off with their advantage lmao.

Brisbane went through everything the apologists strive to claim we did/do, but far worse, and actually succeeded on a narrower timeline:

• ‘Stud exodus!’: Crisp, Yeo, Polec, Redden, Rockliff, Hanley, Beams;

• ‘Basketcase!’: 17th, 17th, 18th from 2015-2017;

• ‘Nobody at games!’: sub-20,000 average home attendance from 2014-2018;

• ‘Nobody wanted to come!’: In the decade prior to Hodge and Birchall following Fagan up there, and excluding Dayne Beams who only moved home due to his father’s terminal illness, Brisbane’s biggest recruit was either Amon Buchanan or Ryan Bastinac;

• Injuries!: Kiddy Coleman, Tom Doedee, Darcy Gardiner and Linc McCarthy all out with ACL’s, atop McInerney’s dislocated shoulder;

It’s farcical.

Four top-4 finishes means fück all without winning a flag. We are not a team like the Hawks that just finished a rebuild. We should have won at least one flag. ONE. He can’t even do that. Don’t make out that Ken is some unlucky coach that hasn’t had the rubber of the green, because that’s far from the truth.

Actually insanely lucky for Brisbane and Sydney not to be playing a vic team at their ****ing home ground.
Fair chance that if the Hawks had won against us they may well have beaten Sydney. Brisbane probably would still have won the GF, but I reckon it would have been a very different game.

Fair chance that if the Hawks had won against us they may well have beaten Sydney. Brisbane probably would still have won the GF, but I reckon it would have been a very different game.

No coincidence Matt Stevic was lined up to umpire the Swans v Hawks Port game.

The deck is stacked against us, and Freo, Adelaide and West Coast.

Truly the SA and WA clubs are great for VFL business as they have die hard loyal fan bases in footy strongholds so the league could not give two shits about them.

It’s not a card I’ll play in defence of Hinkley but maybe we win that 2014 prelim if not for cheating umpires. History would be so very different.

Then to see Stevic cheat Hawthorn home in the 2015 prelim v Freo and West Coast get wiped hosting the Hawks at the G…. I mean if you didn’t start understanding the battles faced by non Vic clubs then you never would. 2016 finals series was the final nail in the coffin for me. Illegitimate league. Contrived league. Corrupt.

Brisbane had the good fortune of not having to contend with a parochial crowd, biased umpires and made the most of it, much like we did in 2004. We then saw the complete reversal of it in 2007.

Regardless, sack Hinkley, he’s had enough chances and the cats final this year was an utter disgrace as was the dogs prelim, the 0-5 start in whenever and not winning a final for 5 seasons in a row. All of this garbage is sack on the spot ineptitude that had nothing to do with the other handicaps to overcome.

The MCG Grand Final is a blight on the competition but of course nobody in the Vic controlled media wants to talk about it.

In the modern era of the last 20 years, Victorian teams are 9-2 when facing non-Vic teams in Grand Finals. Victorian teams are +472 across 11 grand finals. It's an absolute disgrace. Locked in for another, what, 40 years as well?

If you go back further you get Brisbane coming off of an amalgamation with a cost of living allowance able to put together the greatest list of all time, and then the 90s where the Victorian teams hadn't adjusted to the modern era yet and got beaten by effective state teams a few times. But since we got through that teething issue era for Victorian football, they've hammered home that MCG advantage again and again.

The MCG Grand Final is a blight on the competition but of course nobody in the Vic controlled media wants to talk about it.

In the modern era of the last 20 years, Victorian teams are 9-2 when facing non-Vic teams in Grand Finals. Victorian teams are +472 across 11 grand finals. It's an absolute disgrace. Locked in for another, what, 40 years as well?

If you go back further you get Brisbane coming off of an amalgamation with a cost of living allowance able to put together the greatest list of all time, and then the 90s where the Victorian teams hadn't adjusted to the modern era yet and got beaten by effective state teams a few times. But since we got through that teething issue era for Victorian football, they've hammered home that MCG advantage again and again.

While true, it’s embarrassing that when the shoe was on the other foot, it was an all-Victorian Grand Final both years (Brisbane 2020, Perth 2021) — replete with Port getting played off the park by the Bulldogs in one Prelim, and Brisbane getting smashed at the Gabba by Geelong in another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back