Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choco is a self absorbed nut job. Never ever have him back.

It's incredible how people forgive players for their past mistakes (both on and off the field), but when it comes to coaching, it's different.

The people saying 9 years of Hinkley failure as a reason to sack him - if you look at the past 2 years alone, you'll see we've made 2 prelims.

It's not too different to us now saying let's delist Karl Amon, because he was rubbish for the first part of his career. If we delisted him then, nobody would have blinked an eyelid. Delisting him now is absurd.

Same goes for Ken in my eyes. If we sacked him a few years ago, no issues. Not performing, he has to go. But now he's got us to two prelims. The horse has bolted. The only way i would be sacking him is for a proven coach. Go for Clarko, it's a no brainer. There's not many other proven coaches out there waiting.

Choco may have made mistakes in the past, but he left Port over 10 years ago. Do you not for one second think he has developed himself over the time? Learnt from his mistakes etc.

Everything you hear from players that have worked with him in recent times is how amazing he has been with their development etc.

He is a proven winner, and he's Port Adelaide through and through.

I think you guys should consider that maybe THE PLAYERS are not good enough?
Just a thought don't crucify me.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Which players? The ones Ken couldnt get a flag with in 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 or 21? Or just all of the above?

It's incredible how people forgive players for their past mistakes (both on and off the field), but when it comes to coaching, it's different.

The people saying 9 years of Hinkley failure as a reason to sack him - if you look at the past 2 years alone, you'll see we've made 2 prelims.

It's not too different to us now saying let's delist Karl Amon, because he was rubbish for the first part of his career. If we delisted him then, nobody would have blinked an eyelid. Delisting him now is absurd.

Same goes for Ken in my eyes. If we sacked him a few years ago, no issues. Not performing, he has to go. But now he's got us to two prelims. The horse has bolted. The only way i would be sacking him is for a proven coach. Go for Clarko, it's a no brainer. There's not many other proven coaches out there waiting.

Choco may have made mistakes in the past, but he left Port over 10 years ago. Do you not for one second think he has developed himself over the time? Learnt from his mistakes etc.

Everything you hear from players that have worked with him in recent times is how amazing he has been with their development etc.

This is a tired argument that gets trotted out whenever a professional sports club finds themselves in our situation. The reality is that the game moves on, coaches run out of ideas, their voice becomes stale. This has been demonstrated by our performance capping out at the preliminary final stage. Ken doesn't have the goods to get us to the next level.

He brought some ideas to the table in 2013, and now there is nothing left in the kit bag. There absolutely is somewhere waiting in the wings who does have that missing ingredient. To not explore that as a club would be negligent. It should also be added, that Clarko wouldn't have fit your 'proven coach' criteria in 2004. That turned out alright?

You make way to much sense to be commenting in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It’s an issue, isn’t it? Ken Hinkley’s been at the club for the best part of a decade. He’s got to that stage of a season now three times - I know there’s been different circumstances each time,” he said on the Sunday Footy Show.

“They were unlucky last year, they got Dusty’d in that preliminary final (in 2020), missed by a kick. But what happened last night wasn’t just on the players, it’s on that man. He’d know that.

“The discussions that now emanate out of this disaster are going to be very intriguing. We know the backdrop of the club needing to be successful, and it ultimately hasn’t been under his watch.

“Everything was going right this year, they got it to a point where they had it on their terms and they absolutely blew it. We don’t often use this word these days, but they did choke as a football club. Every aspect of it choked.”

This is a tired argument that gets trotted out whenever a professional sports club finds themselves in our situation. The reality is that the game moves on, coaches run out of ideas, their voice becomes stale. This has been demonstrated by our performance capping out at the preliminary final stage. Ken doesn't have the goods to get us to the next level.

He brought some ideas to the table in 2013, and now there is nothing left in the kit bag. There absolutely is somewhere waiting in the wings who does have that missing ingredient. To not explore that as a club would be negligent. It should also be added, that Clarko wouldn't have fit your 'proven coach' criteria in 2004. That turned out alright?
If the game has moved on and his voice has become stale why have we made the prelim for the last two years? Doesn’t that go against your entire argument? Hinkley out coached Bevo in round 23, Bevo came back on fire last night - he messed with our heads. I say “our“ because it wasn’t just the fans and players that thought we had it in the bag, just listen to Montgomery in the press last week.

If the game has moved on and his voice has become stale why have we made the prelim for the last two years? Doesn’t that go against your entire argument? Hinkley out coached Bevo in round 23, Bevo came back on fire last night - he messed with our heads. I say “our“ because it wasn’t just the fans and players that thought we had it in the bag, just listen to Montgomery in the press last week.

we’ve won a shit ton of home and away games (mostly with fairly uninspiring performances) because we have a huge amount of talent on the park. That will win a lot of games during the season, but not against the best teams.

The local under 12s coach could have coached a Port Adelaide of this talent to two preliminary finals.

What's the impact if we protest with our money and not rock up to games or renew our memberships with Hinkley as a coach

Considerable if enough people do it, but not enough people will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back