When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

People may think I was being sarcastic.
I wasn't.

Always loved Choco, and he's Port Adelaide through and through.

Things didn't end well with him, mistakes happen and people learn from those mistakes and get better from them.

Choco is a self absorbed nut job. Never ever have him back.

Earlier this year I wrote 2021 will be like 2004, somewhat meaningless until September. After 2003 finals failure against both Sydney and Collingwood I was lukewarm to the long 2004 minor round season because it didn't matter how many games we won, it all meant nothing until September and we had to win 3 or 4 games that month, not 15 or 20 before it.

Unlike 2004 we just couldn't deliver when it counted. Too many mentally weak players and mentally weak coaches to drive us to a premiership. We are years away from a flag whilst the current regime stays around.

Earlier this year I wrote 2021 will be like 2004, somewhat meaningless until September. After 2003 finals failure against both Sydney and Collingwood I was lukewarm to the long 2004 minor round season because it didn't matter how many games we won, it all meant nothing until September and we had to win 3 or 4 games that month, not 15 or 20 before it.

Unlike 2004 we just couldn't deliver when it counted. Too many mentally weak players and mentally weak coaches to drive us to a premiership. We are years away from a flag whilst the current regime stays around.

Ken staying another year or two would be two years wasted - it will just be fulfilling a contract.

Ken is the central piece to this organisation that is the constant, no matter of fluffing around the edge will drive us past where we are now.

I still don’t get how Carlton can spit a coach out after what two/years yet we are bound to Ken and 9 years of nothing.

It’s absurd.

I have loved Port Adelaide since I was a kid. I remember walking around Alberton Oval during celebrations of our 90’s premierships as a teenager, admiring the legends and real men of Port Adelaide. I admit to having hardly watched a game in the few years. I just find our club full of fragility, self-entitlement and excuses. I still love football, I played the game for 20 years, it’s in my blood, and I still follow the club I love via print/radio/social media because I can’t let go. I know the AFL have one of our hands tied behind our back, but there is a hole in my heart where the true Port Adelaide used to be. We need a reset.

Buckley is cursed, Lyons brand of footy is boring, Pyke is Hinkley 2.0

Personally the only name I would be interested in is Kingsley (not because of the port connection)
Buckley is only cursed at Collingwood. The footy gods did not take kindly to him abandoning the Bears, and he doubled down by not answering the call when Port entered the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Clarkson is gettable?

He's always given off the vibe that he rates Port's list extremely highly and can't believe we aren't doing better (which basically means our underachievement is down to the coaching).

Understand that getting a big name Malbun based coach over to little Old Port Adelaide goes against every narrative there is in the "footy industry", but I'd love to see somebody like Chris Davies talk to Alistair. You just never know.

The sad thing is, didnt we have like record membership numbers or close to this year? The club wont make a change while people keep splooging member $s in to the club. We are weak at all levels and exist to exist.

He's always given off the vibe that he rates Port's list extremely highly and can't believe we aren't doing better (which basically means our underachievement is down to the coaching).

Understand that getting a big name Malbun based coach over to little Old Port Adelaide goes against every narrative there is in the "footy industry", but I'd love to see somebody like Chris Davies talk to Alistair. You just never know.
I mean, this is the dream scenario. What he could do with this list, and the list managers he has at his disposal.

The organ grinders monkey could coach Port to a GF, easiest coaching gig in the land. Quality across all lines and a depth envied by many and this fraud comes undone continually. Such a waste of talent
I don't think so anymore needs a reset, good kids no doubt but there's a Dads Army element that wont get it done now. Hinkley needs to go but there's some other issues as well.

Been saying for many years Hinkley isn't that coach to win a premiership. His game plan is predictable bomb inside F50 and home. I've been crucified for standing by my convictions but yet again I'm sad to say vindication. If Ken Hinkley was the coach of an American or European professional sporting team he’d have been sacked years ago, hell he may have even been sacked tonight. In a results based industry he continues to fail to get results.

I've wanted Hinkley gone for years and have been vocal about my opinion. A couple of weeks ago after Port won the Qualifying Final a bloke at work asked me whether I still wanted Hinkley gone. I responded by saying unless he wins the Grand Final this year, I want him gone.

Hinkley has had 9 seasons. He did a great job when he first started but in hindsight we should have cut him once he started threatening to leave to the Gold Coast. Since at least 2018 he hasn't cut the mustard as an AFL coach and its also the club's fault for not having enough accountability. Even last night throughout his press conference he just avoided the questions and gave cliché responses with no analysis about why we played soo poorly. Last night was just groundhog day all over again. At this stage I'm not even angry or disappointed, I'm just apathetic because it's the same shit different season.

Would he want to come here though? Mind you why hasn’t he taken a big MELB club offer. Isn’t he having a year off?

The sad thing is, didnt we have like record membership numbers or close to this year? The club wont make a change while people keep splooging member $s in to the club. We are weak at all levels and exist to exist.
I have just saved over $1000 in next years budget. I just can’t justify spending such money when Port keep accepting failure.

We won't make finals next year and he'll be gone before the season is over. Unfortunately, we have a long 12 months ahead of us until that eventuates.

If he had one ounce of class he’d step down.

This was the easiest year to make GF you could ask for and didn’t even show up to play.

There is simply no excuse.

Would he want to come here though? Mind you why hasn’t he taken a big MELB club offer. Isn’t he having a year off?

Get him and let him have a year off. He chooses his transitional understudy. Can't be worse than Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back