Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intrude - no intention of stirring the pot. My mob have been in this situation before.

Tredrea just said categorically on 5AA that last year, Hinkley was told by the board that if another club wanted him then they wouldn't stand in his way. Then Koch stepped in.

That's quite explosive on two fronts - Hinkley knows he's just killing time, and also someone at board level wants Tredrea in to the fold if that's being divulged to him.

I think it's actually going to happen now.
Also means that the board that Koch hand picked don't even agree with him anymore so with him tied to Hinkley so closely we should be able to fire him into the sun this year too

Tredders got really fired up on 5AA about Michael Wilson. Said Wilbur got pushed out. And was treated like s**t by the club.

Michael. F@%king. Wilson.

Mr. Port Adelaide. The guy who embodies everything we love in a Port player. Hard, aggressive, fearless, never say die spirit. The bona fide physical and spiritual link between our journey from the SANFL to the AFL.

Totally checks out with what a close fam member says. They worked at the club in the footy department during the recent Prelim runs. Said it's a pretty toxic environment. And the club were complete campaigners to ppl.

They reckon Ken's greatest strength as coach is the block of core players backing him. Gray, Boak, Dixon, Jonas, DBJ, Rozee, Butters, Marshall, Hartlett and, I think, Lycett, maybe a few more - were all in during their time at Alberton. Reckons Butters is a hardcore groupie and wouldn't be surprised if he walked when Ken inevitably goes (with the Doggies at the top of the list.)

Also reckons Ken will throw anyone under the bus to cover his well-remunerated, if thin-skinned, arse, lol.

Tredders really wanted to say more about Wilbur but bit his tongue at the end of the segment...

Michael Wilson one off-season had both shoulders operated on - if not at the same time then definitely within a short space of each other.

Both shoulders were immobilised post surgery and his missus would wipe his arse every day to ensure he kept them immobilised and he would have the best possible opportunity to rehab them properly.

He bled for the club.

As soon as they didn’t let Tredders on the board I knew it would blow up in their face. Now instead of having him on their side, he’s actively going to wreck them from the outside. Which is no less than they deserve. Torch those *ers

I listened to his podcast (first time), and it was great - he was saying EXACTLY what we are all saying in here.

But really, what difference does a little podcast really do? It's an echo chamber.

lol imagine a club in a performance based industry having the head coach and the head of football (the head coaches boss) in a greyhound syndicate with players

I listened to his podcast (first time), and it was great - he was saying EXACTLY what we are all saying in here.

But really, what difference does a little podcast really do? It's an echo chamber.
It's in wider news outlets and he doubled down on 5AA, so plenty.

If the media do their jobs and aggregate him, it could serve as a tipping point in the narrative.

It has already been repeated on AA, Fox all news channels and AdelaideNow in the first few hours. What more do you want?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol imagine a club in a performance based industry having the head coach and the head of football (the head coaches boss) in a greyhound syndicate with players
And the situation is brought to the attention of the Deputy Chairman whose Club responsibilities include Corporate Governance … and he can’t see anything wrong with it … same goes for the CEO.

And the situation is brought to the attention of the Deputy Chairman whose Club responsibilities include Corporate Governance … and he can’t see anything wrong with it … same goes for the CEO.
I mean this is the same board that see no issue / conflict of interest with Cos Cardone, so it really doesn't surprise me. They've all lost the ****ing plot and are far too comfortable in their bullshit castle.

This is a real catalyst from Tredders to turn that gas right up, not only on Ken, but on Koch/Richo and the board for the years of screw ups.

Love that he talks openly about good guy Ken basically turning his back on Port for a five year deal at GC only to he wooed back with more money! Kane/Rucc/Gerard just pretend it never happened and keep on with "Ken the most loyal good bloke this little old club has ever seen".

I love that he tried for the board because he could see the issues and wanted to fix, only to be rejected for obvious reasons, so hes decided to use his own platform to blow things up.

Also love that he brought up Ken/Koch/Richo getting together and referring to the critical fans as white noise!

Its all really damning!

Just love all of it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hadn’t heard that before I listened to his podcast.

If that’s true it’s a really bad look for ken and his supporters but even worse it shows how weak the board is.

Last edited:
Also means that the board that Koch hand picked don't even agree with him anymore so with him tied to Hinkley so closely we should be able to fire him into the sun this year too
We need someone on the current board who has some clout with the AFL (Gil) to tell them they can't work with the d*ckhead, that would put the cat right amongst the pigeons and they would be forced to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back