SAINTS in 2005. Is this the team to beat? It's top 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

Depth could be a problem at St Kilda. In comparing them to Geelong. Geelong have an even list of above average players where St Kilda have a combination of Hacks and Superstars. If you lose a Superstar you might be in a fair bit of shyte.

P.S. You have to be joking to put Xavier Clarke on the wing in your best 22.

Robin Hood said:
Depth could be a problem at St Kilda. In comparing them to Geelong. Geelong have an even list of above average players where St Kilda have a combination of Hacks and Superstars. If you lose a Superstar you might be in a fair bit of shyte.

Geelong need look no further for their Total Package or Yze Magic with this bloke.
Don't feel sorry for us about some of our posters when you have this guy.

Give X. Clarke a good preseason and some discipline and he could well be a good wingman. At the moment he's short of mediocre in the current StK lineup.

Robin Hood said:

um what? you seem to underestimate the ability of xavier he is in our top22 and most definetly your top 12 if you had him just watch moron. And what are you on about geelong have more depth ???? show me your 34 good players then...... c'mon i dare ya it wont comnpare our 34th player is A.Fiora or A.Murray both better than your 34th im bettin.

It seems like there is a lot of people who want Brisbane or Port to win the premiership next year. A lot of anti-St.Kilda sentiment hear. The facts are St. Kilda were 6 pts away from a GF, and have many young players that will improve the team next year and beyond. Therefore you would have to say they are a strong contender for the 2005 premiership.

Can ppl please stop posting there indivdual biased sour crap which does nothing to add to this thread!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hornet Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bowyer
Can ppl please stop posting there individual biased sour crap which does nothing to add to this thread!!!

Does that include the original post

Gram etc are not guns at AFL at this stage, however they have a lot of potential. Everything else in the first post is pretty close to the mark

Adelaide Hawk said:
All things being equal, I expect the Saints to finish in the top 2 in 2005. I do wonder if Thomas is the man to take them to premiership honours but time will tell I guess. The Saints nearly defeated Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium, that should have been enough to tell them they are good enough.
GT= Good Times.

mjr_42 said:
If I was a St Kilda supporter, I would be so embarrassed by this bloke.

At least we've got Yze Magic, who manages to incorporate a little blunt humour into the construction of his posts. :D

I am embarrassed at the fact he is saying all of the saints players are guns :D

the saints wil be a top 4 side next year. there are 3 things that i think will stand in their way of winning the flag.

no rucks - it cost collingwood a premiership.
lack of experienced / matured players - will come in time.
GT trying to pull some fancy coaching moves out of his arse - why tinker with winning form?

port will be the team to beat again next year.

SensibleCommentator said:
BEST 22 WITH EVERYONE FIT

FB: M.Hudghton -LG L.Penny S.Baker

HB: B.Voss M.Maguire A.Jones

C: N.Dal Santo L. Ball - LG X.Clarke

HF: Hamill -LG N.Reiwoldt (c) S.Powell – LG

FF: S.Milne F.Gehrig -LG M.Ferguson (gun)

Foll: Koschitzke -LG R.Harvey, L.Hayes LG

Int: B.Goddard, L.Fisher (gun), J.Gram (gun), J.Blake

Emerg: A.Thompson, L.Montagna and B.Brooks (Gun-Ruck)

NEXT BEST 10
Other players of note who are more than capable of filling their positions in the top 22!! (excluding draft players and average players of course!)
202cm - 190cm
Knobel (Ruck), D.Pfitzer (FF), S.Fisher (FB/CHB), T.Schwartze (wing)
189cm – 183cm
R.Clarke (Wing/Forward), A.Fiora (Half Back)
BELOW 183cm
J.Peckett (Utility), A.Murray (Forward), B.Guerra (Forward)

(Gun) = Players people don’t know yet who will most likely be absolute guns, IMO.
(LG) = Leadership group

Lots of versatility in this side, lots of run, lots of players who can fill injuries and lots of talent. DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A PREMIERESHIP TEAM to you? :confused: If not what does? and please show top 25 then the next best 10!!
IMO talented players X.Clarke, B.Goddard, B.Brooks, B.Guerra, J.Gram, M.Ferguson ALL need big positive pre-seasons!! IF DONE, then should be a mighty team.... heres hoping! :D

Go away board, your almost as bad as Robin Hood

SensibleCommentator said:
um what? you seem to underestimate the ability of xavier he is in our top22 and most definetly your top 12 if you had him just watch moron. And what are you on about geelong have more depth ???? show me your 34 good players then...... c'mon i dare ya it wont comnpare our 34th player is A.Fiora or A.Murray both better than your 34th im bettin.

If I wanted somthing as soft as X.Clarke I would go to captain snooze and buy a pillow.

S.Baker,L.Penny,M.Hudghton
B.Voss,M.Maguire,A.Jones
S.Powell,L.Hayes,N.Dal Santo
,N.Riewoldt,A.Hamill,B.Goddard
J.Kozchitzke,F.Gehrig,S.Milne
T.Knobel,L.Ball,R.Harvey
B.Guerra,J.Blake,A.Thompson,A.Fiora
Emg J.Peckett,T.Schwarze,J.Gram

Look about right?

mike2j7 said:
S.Baker,L.Penny,M.Hudghton
B.Voss,M.Maguire,A.Jones
S.Powell,L.Hayes,N.Dal Santo
,N.Riewoldt,A.Hamill,B.Goddard
J.Kozchitzke,F.Gehrig,S.Milne
T.Knobel,L.Ball,R.Harvey
B.Guerra,J.Blake,A.Thompson,A.Fiora
Emg J.Peckett,T.Schwarze,J.Gram

Look about right?

Yeah pretty good effort. Only thing I would change would be Powell on the wing. I think he would be too slow for a wing and will be played onball/bench. Gram, Clarke or Montagna will fight for the wing spot. Goddard would be another option.
I also think Kosi will ruck with Guerra going to the pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad

SAINTS in 2005. Is this the team to beat? It's top 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back