Opinion Saints midfield ranked

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone told me he’s seen dunstan doing extra sessions at elsternwick park vafa ground. He said the sessions consist of Luke working on moving the ball on quickly with 30 odd metre low darts. I doubt it’s going to do him much good he’s behind some very good mids but good luck to him. It would be nice to hear of a few of our players doing extra work on their weaknesses.

Coffield before his injury and someone else......forget who, were reported as seeing an outside agent to do extra work.

As an outsider IMO you are one quality inside mid short. The amount of work Steele has to do is crazy and his supporting cast isn't reliable enough to count on week in week out (Gresham, Hanners and Jones injury prone, Crouch is just vanilla, the other guys unproven). I actually really like your back and forward six setups and have you in the 8, but the midfield is still a bit short I think.
Spot on, I'm hoping Bytel can be that guy soon and Gresh stops getting injured. Think he will be a very good mid if he can stay on the park. Jones is fairly injury prone and so far has been very quiet when tagged - awesome when on tho

Crouch wins contested ball ( 19 against the Crows ), Tackles, wins clearances.
Steele is NOT doing it all himself.
Others will get their shot in the middle. You might find that Ross, Higgins etc get shot in the centre. Add it all up and its helping.

I picked Crouch in my supercoach team last year as a pod so naturally i zeroed in on him quite a bit during our games. One thing that became apparent was he's to easily pushed around by the bigger mids. He's always been good at racking up the pill but what he does with that is the same issue crows supporters had with him, lot's of meh possessions.

Not saying he doesn't do good things but he's not the answer in my eyes to giving Steele a chop out.

I picked Crouch in my supercoach team last year as a pod so naturally i zeroed in on him quite a bit during our games. One thing that became apparent was he's to easily pushed around by the bigger mids. He's always been good at racking up the pill but what he does with that is the same issue crows supporters had with him, lot's of meh possessions.

Not saying he doesn't do good things but he's not the answer in my eyes to giving Steele a chop out.

Yeah i see him as an improvement on Dunstan, but that's really all it is.
Essendon supporters similarly lament that they don't have a big bodied mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back