Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite possibly the most irrelevant game of football I have ever sat down to watch
Yeah.....that's one way to look at it WS....but you have to admit.....that 2nd half was a lot of fun.........especially after we looked quite ordinary up to half time(after blowing a very handy 26 point lead)/very early in the 3rd.

You left the Pies out MM.

What a weekend to be alive,,,
unfortunately, my Grandpa was a life member and we used to quarrel like children about the footy so I find it hard to hate them now he's gone.

But yes Pies and Dogs losing, what a sweet W/E of AFL

zrcnyJ2.gif

That's the thing when the year is shot TJ.

Spoke to a couple of posters during the week......they both said they couldn't be bothered once the season was shot....and it's been shot for several weeks now.

Almost the perfect weekend. My top three hated teams all lose and we win by 50 points.

If it was for a spot in the finals instead of one pick later in the National Draft I'd give it 10/10.

We were spoilt this weekend with both, but I'm not sure which is a more satisfying schadenfreude loss, a smashing or a heartbreaking one point loss late in the game. Your preferences?
One point loss late in the game. After the siren even better and added sprinkles for squashing any remaining hopes of playing finals. Not quite as good as Carlton losing the last game of the season and missing the finals by 0.1 of 1%

Freo most likely to miss as Blues have WCE next week, even with their reportedly 16 injuries against the Hawks.

Be great to pork the Blues in the last. Please, please Santa give us an early Christmas present.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One point loss late in the game. After the siren even better and added sprinkles for squashing any remaining hopes of playing finals. Not quite as good as Carlton losing the last game of the season and missing the finals by 0.1 of 1%
So the $64 million question….

Do we still want to beat the Blues if it means moving one spot back in the draft?

I’m torn, but I’m leaning towards HELL YES!

Last edited:

Do we still want to beat the Blues if it means moving one spot back in the draft?

I’m torn, but I’m leading towards HELL YES!
Absolutely without question. Hopefully there's someone left after the Billings & McCartin types are gone.

Its been said before but if Hunter Clark could run out games he would be a star, but will we ever see it? Hopefully at some stage he realises he has the chance to be so much better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the Hawks today and GWS yesterday. It's just depressing stuff when u contrast it to how we play.

Waves and waves of runners getting to contests and then breaking hard into space. Overlap handball, bold football.

We are so far off it in comparison. It's more than just losing. Ross Lyon football is just not fun. He looks bored at times himself.
Off you go Bill you’d look good in brown n yellow

I’m torn, but I’m leaning towards HELL YES!

Personally I don’t care about beating Carlton because they’re irrelevant, but I’d take a win over the Cats even if it meant dropping two or three spots. Hate that mob.

I watched the Hawks today and GWS yesterday. It's just depressing stuff when u contrast it to how we play.

Waves and waves of runners getting to contests and then breaking hard into space. Overlap handball, bold football.

We are so far off it in comparison. It's more than just losing. Ross Lyon football is just not fun. He looks bored at times himself.
Do you ever do anything other than ****ing whining and potting RTB?

Never a perfect week for mine if the Cats win. They are top of my list for wanting teams to lose every week. Essendon second .
Oh well, we can fix that up next week. Probably cost them the double chance if we win. That will be a season highlight for me if it eventuates. Fk the draft position. Cats aren't superstars.

Spoke to a couple of posters during the week......they both said they couldn't be bothered once the season was shot....and it's been shot for several weeks now.
It's been shot since round 6...but we've been a lot more worse off in the past. The game day threads, and autopsies were always better represented than this.
Our biggest and best thread all year has been the trade thread.
It's odd...but not altogether surprising.

Too late, we've see this best. If we want to move up the ladder over the next few seasons, we will have to make some hard and maybe unpopular decisions about midfield personnel.

Nah, just need to keep adding depth and quality. Nothing controversial. Guys like Jones, Clark and maybe Dow are temporarily place holders. If Crouch had been able to play a full season and less disruption in the forward line, we would have been around the same as last year. I think injury has exposed a few kids that might have missed out on opportunity too. Sharman probably plays at Sandy and gets delisted if King is fit.

Phillipou probably plays as a HF until playing at Sandringham for the rest of the season without Crouch going down. I really hope we sign Battle up. That backline is easily our best line and you don't mess with what works to go gambling.

I hate the way we played early in the year but we look like most other teams since the bye. Hawks are definitely the prettiest side to watch in footy though.

To me the Tigers match was boring because it meant nothing. We had to win it for dignity but there was nothing to play for. We're just killing time until the draft.

Game shows we need to lose Battle

He's had 28 disposals at 86%, Sincs our only player with more (29 touches), second highest AF score, 9 marks etc. Our best mids only got 23 disposals each.

That match shows we need to keep Battle and find a premium mid at the draft. You can only play about 7 or 8 players under 22 before you start to push into North territory. Battle will be the new Joel Smith holding up a cup while we watch reruns of the 1966 GF.

The season was done at round 3. You could see that we were not going to be competitive. We played an absolutely diabolical brand of footy and had no energy or momentum and heaps of injuries.

It's definitely the most disappointing season in years. Somehow we feel very flat and boring even when winning. I don't know if the "next year" thing has just finally worn thin and the hope that a new coach brings has worn off, but it's a strange feeling at the moment.

The thought of losing favourite players to bring in a spud squad of shit players, drug fiends, losers and broken down spuds doesn't help. It feels like we are pushing the timeline out by another 5 years at the moment and that's if they don't stuff it up.

Clark still only 64% ToG. Didn't see him come off with any niggles or incidental knocks etc.

Have we just accepted he's a burst player or something?

Burst player?....when has he ever "bursted".

I've accepted that he is extremely mediocre. Apparently with exquisite skills but cannot kick it 35 metres or within 60 degrees of his intended target. Very occasionally does a nice little sidestep in traffic which looks lovely.

Has precisely 0 Brownlow votes in 100 games. How do you even do that? Could be a record for a midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back