Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

So the $64 million question….

Do we still want to beat the Blues if it means moving one spot back in the draft?

I’m torn, but I’m leaning towards HELL YES!
If it was to mean them missing the finals and being able to enjoy their fans’ sad and angry little faces after pumping themselves up as contenders, then yes. If it has no impact on finals, then I’d prefer a higher draft pick. Hope Curnow is out for the year. F*** Carlton and all that they are.

It’s posts like this that are killing the forum. No matter what happens it’s Ross’ fault, even when we win! It’s just so tiresome and draining. There is no joy, only negativity and a desperation to dominate that negative narrative at the expense of everything else. Where is the fun in that?

So people don’t bother anymore.

Enjoy.

Over and out.
Toughen up cupcake. It's a forum, people can have different views.

It’s posts like this that are killing the forum. No matter what happens it’s Ross’ fault, even when we win! It’s just so tiresome and draining. There is no joy, only negativity and a desperation to dominate that negative narrative at the expense of everything else. Where is the fun in that?

Enjoy.

Over and out.

It’s shit because it’s become a joyless bore fest like Saintsational. It’s hostile and aggressive and lost all of its humorous posters. People are either whinging about other posters or the club.

Like him or not George kept the forum in a straight line and a lot of the best posters went with him.

If it was to mean them missing the finals and being able to enjoy their fans’ sad and angry little faces after pumping themselves up as contenders, then yes. If it has no impact on finals, then I’d prefer a higher draft pick. Hope Curnow is out for the year. F*** Carlton and all that they are.
Hear hear LOF.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Enjoy.

Over and out.
Not sure why they don’t just switch to another team…
I mean why punish yourself every week?

Enjoy.

Over and out.
I agree, but don't let them get you down Saucy. Ignore the ones with the agenda, most of us probably do. I came here to share my joy ad frustration with the team, to learn about upcoming moves and to have a bit of a natter with like minded Saints fans, that's stull the reason I stay.

I’ve found the ignore button very handy - almost essential, and a much better option than leaving.

Anyone suggesting Battle didn't play well yesterday obviously didn't watch the game.

Hawthorn will be a bloody force with him in their team. He is a great player and for once band 1 is not overstating the price of a FA.

Wont be disappointed if he stays. If he does we need to trade King though. We need lots of FRDP's.
I haven't seen anybody suggest he didn't play well.
Some think we need mids more than we need him.

If they make the GF, they would be hoping that Joyce isn't playing.
He's their backup. Do you think Cordy will easily fill Battle's shoes?
No kid is going to make an instant impact. Joyce isn’t close to Battle in quality even if stats look like it. We will get another 4 players in this draft at a minimum. We are getting very young. And we can’t play them all. Phillipou and Garcia plus a first round drafted kid, a second rounder and Windhager needing minutes on top of Steele and Dow and whoever else we have. We are unlikely to have as many injuries to the one area and next year it could be tall backs.
Glad you guys aren't list managers.

What would you prefer - Battle and some unknown kid selected at Pick 75 or Cordy and LDU.

Glad you guys aren't list managers.

What would you prefer - Battle and some unknown kid selected at Pick 75 or Cordy and LDU.

Oh good LDU will be available at pick 6 this year.
Here i was thinking he was already drafted and playing for a team.
Lucky we don't need a functioning backline, they don't do anything anyway :/

( Garcia and Shoenmaker looking promising ).

It’s shit because it’s become a joyless bore fest like Saintsational. It’s hostile and aggressive and lost all of its humorous posters. People are either whinging about other posters or the club.

Like him or not George kept the forum in a straight line and a lot of the best posters went with him.
Who are these best posters?

As far as I know .... I am still here

Yep, now it's just the superfans who like to declare every week they're the only true believers and pipe up with 'where are all the haters?' whenever a single player or the team has their first good game in the last 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game shows we need to lose Battle
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Burst player?....when has he ever "bursted".

I've accepted that he is extremely mediocre. Apparently with exquisite skills but cannot kick it 35 metres or within 60 degrees of his intended target. Very occasionally does a nice little sidestep in traffic which looks lovely.

Has precisely 0 Brownlow votes in 100 games. How do you even do that? Could be a record for a midfielder?
id trade him
said it three years ago and i still say it.

Yes that Hawkins non goal in 09 can never be forgiven.
sat right behind it

and yeah saintbill is a miserable sod
in fact i get him confused with saintbloke so put both on ignore

The season was done at round 3. You could see that we were not going to be competitive. We played an absolutely diabolical brand of footy and had no energy or momentum and heaps of injuries.

It's definitely the most disappointing season in years. Somehow we feel very flat and boring even when winning. I don't know if the "next year" thing has just finally worn thin and the hope that a new coach brings has worn off, but it's a strange feeling at the moment.

The thought of losing favourite players to bring in a spud squad of shit players, drug fiends, losers and broken down spuds doesn't help. It feels like we are pushing the timeline out by another 5 years at the moment and that's if they don't stuff it up.

We'd be pretty close to playing finals if we won 3 more games, and its not hard to find 3 we should have won.

Looks like we keep Josh if Barass is to become a Dawk.
On the contrary they were selling each to the other…in other words come to us and we’ll get you your partner in crime at the same time.
I think it makes it look more likely Battle is gone sadly.

Oh good LDU will be available at pick 6 this year.
Here i was thinking he was already drafted and playing for a team.
Lucky we don't need a functioning backline, they don't do anything anyway :/

( Garcia and Shoenmaker looking promising ).
Agree - he would cost more than Pick 6 alone but don't forget that LDU is a RFA next year. Every list manager (including Norths) knows that now is the time to prise him out.

North finish up the ladder next year and someone offers him $1.5M for 6 years - guess what - North gets Pick 5 or 6 as compo and that's it.

As for functioning backlines - we have one and replacing Battle with any other reasonably component tall defender won't kill it.

Much more important to allow Sinclair and NWM to play in their best postions of half back rather than having to try and provide midfield cover.

Yep, now it's just the superfans who like to declare every week they're the only true believers and pipe up with 'where are all the haters?' whenever a single player or the team has their first good game in the last 10.
The irony is the amount of sooking about negative posts far exceeds the negative posts themselves.

Some seriously soft units on here, bit like our team at the minute😬

We'd be pretty close to playing finals if we won 3 more games, and its not hard to find 3 we should have won.

That's why I wouldn't drop backwards, its as even as it's ever been and a good injury run could easily see us climb up the ladder next year. Wait 4 years and GC and North are probably powerhouse dynasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back