Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

On the contrary they were selling each to the other…in other words come to us and we’ll get you your partner in crime at the same time.
I think it makes it look more likely Battle is gone sadly.

Funny enough they had Josh Battle on the news tonight. Said he'll decide at the end of the year but was enjoying bringing the kids on. I think they've told the older guys that we're rebuilding and he's probably looking at going off to win a flag rather than spend a few years down the ladder.

I get the feeling have encouraged him to go. Everyone says that he's extremely loyal and loves the club and keeps mentioning that he's more likely to stay if we play well in the backend of the season.

Funny enough they had Josh Battle on the news tonight. Said he'll decide at the end of the year but was enjoying bringing the kids on. I think they've told the older guys that we're rebuilding and he's probably looking at going off to win a flag rather than spend a few years down the ladder.

I get the feeling have encouraged him to go. Everyone says that he's extremely loyal and loves the club and keeps mentioning that he's more likely to stay if we play well in the backend of the season.
Well, we are playing better at the back end of the season - so we’re probably none the wiser.
I’m really torn.

The irony is the amount of sooking about negative posts far exceeds the negative posts themselves.

Some seriously soft units on here, bit like our team at the minute😬
You'd think if the club made all the right decisions all the time we'd have won more than 0 premierships in the last 57 seasons.

Well, we are playing better at the back end of the season - so we’re probably none the wiser.
I’m really torn.
Do you mean playing better against West Coast, North, Richmond and an Essendon in free-fall?

Would be extremely difficult to not build some semblance of 'form' against them.

Are we basing this off the win against a Sydney side that didn't turn up?

Do you mean playing better against West Coast, North, Richmond and an Essendon in free-fall?

Would be extremely difficult to not build some semblance of 'form' against them.

Are we basing this off the win against a Sydney side that didn't turn up?
Why is it when we win its always ..... the other side this .... or the other side that?

Why is it when we win its always ..... the other side this .... or the other side that?
Because it's a rarity that we actually win on our own merit.

5 of our 9 wins are from playing two of the bottom 3 twice each and the other once.

Beating Gold Coast was just a dour affair, so you have 3 wins left to decide on whether it was our play or the opposition's that resulted in victory.

Last edited:
Because it's a rarity that we actually win on our own merit.
Well that’s crap.
I suppose Pies were on their post flag bender when we beat them as well.
Sydney was a commendable win away. (oh but we only won because what’s his name missed the last kick.) 🙄
Can only beat who we play and our form second half of the year (funnily enough tied up with injury list diminishing) has been vastly improved.

I know it’s hard for you, because you’re obviously a glass half empty kind of guy, but although we’re not winning the flag, if you can’t see improvement in the second half of the year both in individual and team performance, well you do you.

Well that’s crap.
I suppose Pies were on their post flag bender when we beat them as well.
Sydney was a commendable win away. (oh but we only won because what’s his name missed the last kick.) 🙄
Can only beat who we play and our form second half of the year (funnily enough tied up with injury list diminishing) has been vastly improved.

I know it’s hard for you, because you’re obviously a glass half empty kind of guy, but although we’re not winning the flag, if you can’t see improvement in the second half of the year both in individual and team performance, well you do you.
Getting smashed by Brisbane and Adelaide surely was swell.

Burst player?....when has he ever "bursted".

I've accepted that he is extremely mediocre. Apparently with exquisite skills but cannot kick it 35 metres or within 60 degrees of his intended target. Very occasionally does a nice little sidestep in traffic which looks lovely.

Has precisely 0 Brownlow votes in 100 games. How do you even do that? Could be a record for a midfielder?
Agree - very brave & does some nice things - but never a gun mid - surrounded by gun mids he could really be something - but not with our list currently

So a game against the red-hot top-of-the-table side and a game played during a cyclone?
Ooh, hang on, careful someone doesn't accuse you of coming up with reasons.

I'd expect a game against a top of the table side to end up with a much closer result if we've 'improved'.

Adelaide seemed to cope alright.

I'd expect a game against a top of the table side to end up with a much closer result if we've 'improved'.

So you're basically saying we've had no games worthy of merit this season? Well in that case let's just pack up the whole operation and ship it off to Tassie. **** me, lighten up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're basically saying we've had no games worthy of merit this season? Well in that case let's just pack up the whole operation and ship it off to Tassie. **** me, lighten up.
Let's get excited about 4 wins against teams that aren't the bottom 3.

Put the pacifier away and start cutting your teeth.

Last edited:

We got very close to Brisbane in Brisbane ... we're within a goal with 6 mins to go

Or was that when they were in a slump?

Good for them.

Guess that's a loss we can ignore then, eh?
well no, but it goes completely against the point your making. you can only beat the team you play on the day.

I'd say where the club is atm, is exactly whereit needs to be to move forward and yet we still have had some excellent wins with our ladder position as well

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

well no, but it goes completely against the point your making. you can only beat the team you play on the day.

I'd say where the club is atm, is exactly whereit needs to be to move forward and yet we still have had some excellent wins with our ladder position as well

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ok, then there's 3 wins on the board after we remove those against clearly inferior competition.

So if there's two teams on the field, we lose way over 50% of that time against non-basket cases. Let's pat everyone on the back, shall we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints WIN WIN WIN v Richmond r22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back