Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the umpires ignored about 3 blatant free kicks in front of goal I’d say no haha.

He’ll be in the conversation but I’d probably have him outside the 3. If he’d gotten those deserved free kicks he’d probably get 2. Would assume Darcy is getting his first 3
Liam Jones deserves three but won't get a sniff. Epic first half when it mattered

Bit of a training drill, but it was good to see us really bury them again. Thought our midfield completely shut them out.

Darcy is just unstoppable in certain scenarios. So good getting to watch him, Jamarra and Naughts every week. 110 goals for the season between the three of them, with a fair few missed games.

Freijah RS nom for sure. What an absolute steal.

This kangaroo would have had a better chance at stopping Darcy
Olympics Breaking GIF by NoireSTEMinist

Richards was phenomenal through the middle. Brutal and dynamic. He really has transformed our midfield.

JOD looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Freijah is a 300-game player. Anyone who disagrees can fight me.

Khamis improved after a few nervy skill errors to play a solid game.

Samuel Darcy has well and truly arrived. Of course it happens on the only week I left him out of my Pieman 5.

Macrae played a better game inside two quarters than most manage over four of them.

And I know Norf were missing their best player, but they were seriously sub-AFL level today. I don't think I've ever seen such an unrelenting shitshow of simple missed kicks, errant pissweak handballs and dropped marks so comedically simple. I know we like to beat up on poor teams, but that was seriously shocking.

p.s. Watch Bevo drop West this week.

I love owning those pissants.

Whining about the ****ing umpires all day.

Your team is just shit.

Get back to AFL headquarters and start begging for more draft picks - and make sure you’re on your knees, where you belong.
You have heard our supporters yes?
Have a look at our VFL thread, it exclusively whines about the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frejiah’s shown he’s clearly ahead of Coffield already, not since Hargrave has the team had a defender with height, speed, a decent kick and an ability to play on multiple different types of forwards.

Macrae and Daniel showed their quality. I hope they can find roles that suit them because they’re miles ahead of several players when it comes to composure with the ball, something that’s crucial in finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delighted Macrae came on and showed why he should be in the 22.

Clearly Darcy, JUH & Freijah the stars but Liam Jones deserves a huge pat on the back. I love the guy. His spring is something else.

Had to be that sort of win to prove ourselves. They were awful though.

I was sitting L3 right at the back as I had my 2yo with me. I can’t recall a quieter crowd, you could hear word for word what the boys were saying. Williams has the loudest voice out there

Caleb Daniel and Jack Macrae are such utter legends.

Please, please do not let these two go, Dogs.

Your team is just shit.

Get back to AFL headquarters and start begging for more draft picks - and make sure you’re on your knees, where you belong.
Ha 🤣
You were first i thought of when I saw the score.

Your team is just shit.

I got bored reading about the enormity of The Unicorn in this thread so ventured over to the norf board for a few lol's.

I thought that you'd enjoy this from over there.

"I don't like playing against the Dogs because they always beat us. But it doesn't help that they get away with throws galore, they **** it out the front of stoppages and get away with it, and they celebrate goals when they're up by 90 points like they've just taken the lead in the last quarter of a grand final. They also seem to get the rub of the green in every single contest, especially out of the middle.
I also don't have any stats to back this up but it feels like they're the team that takes the piss against us (Khamis in the ruck, Bailey Williams as a full forward, et al) the most. It felt like they got the most piss weak set of free kicks today, over and over again."

Its the vibe.

Im still hungry. Brb...

Last edited:

I think we're in for a very long period of Sam Darcy taking regular as well as obscure records in the game.

Max King would give his entire career for the competitiveness and core strength that Darcy already has

Good response from last week.

Not sure why Freijah's and Macrae's rest was not one week only.

Win next week and a home final. Still think we are a season away from being a genuine top 4 team but really would not want to play us in the finals this season. A bonus free hit this year so just have a crack

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back