Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he already had one tbh.

Joel would be very deserving though. He is such a competitor, every time he is beaten he gets so annoyed at himself
So did I but looks like only Gags has one?

That was an enjoyable watch. Feel like McNeil is no star, but he is starting to believe he can contribute at the level.

Macrae is my favourite player, was great to see him & play the way he did. Daniel was really good as well.

The more players we have in form from that 15-27th on our list, the better we’ll be. Great to see the VFL boys do so well too.

North’s progression has to be off the likes of Wardlaw, Sheezel (they really missed him today) & whatever high end talent they get over the next two drafts. LDU, Simpkin etc have been in the system long enough now. Not saying they’re bad, but they’re overrated internally.

Darcy will just about be the best player in the comp in a few years. There isn’t a real tall (200cm+) who can do what he does.

Add JUH, Naughton & Cody and that should be the best forward line in the comp by some margin. Still wouldn’t mind a genuine crumber down there as well.

Good win against a weak side & again a big plus that Bont & Libba didn’t need to dominate. That’s been the example of clear growth for us this season.

Macrae and Daniel should always be in a Western Bulldogs team over VDM. Legspeed means shit when you can't use the ball or panic with the ball and he's criminal at that.
I think Laith had a pretty good game today.

North played CD back into form again, but they handed him the keys to Docklands and made him Freeman of the Borough. I don't know if we can trust his lack of leg speed and height in a final. His skills haven't been on the money this year when he's been under the pump.
My thoughts exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North played CD back into form again, but they handed him the keys to Docklands and made him Freeman of the Borough. I don't know if we can trust his lack of leg speed and height in a final. His skills haven't been on the money this year when he's been under the pump.
Agree he was good today but there wasn't a lot of heat on the ball from Norf. Could become a liability in the heat 🥵 of a final. Just struggle to trust he can deliver when the game isn't going our way

Agree he was good today but there wasn't a lot of heat on the ball from Norf. Could become a liability in the heat 🥵 of a final. Just struggle to trust he can deliver when the game isn't going our way
What’s the saying….one swallow doesn’t make a summer

So did I but looks like only Gags has one?
Sam Darcy got one as well. Gags and Darcy in successive weeks.
Not only doesn't Freijah (the invisible man) have one but neither does Sanders.

Of course Darcy is now ineligible due to suspension.

Low opinion though I have of the whole RS process (and it's potential for manipulation, even corruption) I think it would have been burglary if Darcy had won the award this year. He's really a well developed third year player who only qualified because of injury.

That was a good afternoon out at the footy at Marvel.

I went past Whitten Oval on my way back home for a celebratory drive.

Just a great performance all round today against North who are on the beach.

Sam Darcy is going to be a star. 7 goals is great. Joel Freijah is a first year player playing like he has played for a few years. Great game and great first year.

Liam Jones was doing the great stuff he does behind the ball. Also like Caleb Daniel's game.

Cody Weightman earlier on competed really well as well as Jamarra.

Rory Lobb has done really well in the latter part of the season after the talk earlier on.

Now onto Ballarat where we face a tougher test against GWS. Get the win and secure our finals spot.

Go Bulldogs!!

IMG_2924.png
Stats obviously slightly inflated against other key forwards due to spells in the ruck, but wow this kid is the real deal

Agree he was good today but there wasn't a lot of heat on the ball from Norf. Could become a liability in the heat of a final. Just struggle to trust he can deliver when the game isn't going our way
Ok, I am no CD fan boy and believe his contribution days are numbered, but are you saying a player who stepped up in the 2016 and 2021 finals series when the going got tough will be a liability in the heat of a final??

Finals are when he does step up

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, I am no CD fan boy and believe his contribution days are numbered, but are you saying a player who stepped up in the 2016 and 2021 finals series when the going got tough will be a liability in the heat of a final??

Finals are when he does step up

I don't think he will be a liability because of what he can do but because of how an opponent can exploit his known limitations. Which could easily allow a hurt factor.
I have no doubt he would give his best the worry is when it's going the other way

I don't think he will be a liability because of what he can do but because of how an opponent can exploit his known limitations. Which could easily allow a hurt factor.
I have no doubt he would give his best the worry is when it's going the other way
The Adelaide game showed there were many of our players you could say the same thing about.

The team pressure provides opportunities for players like Daniel to utilise their genuine skill. That pressure drops and there are 7 to 10 players who look ordinary and exposed, Daniel is but one of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back