Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I think everyone should keep a lid on it even Vandermeer looked good today, couple of nice passes inside 50 and his first goal since May while playing every game and a permanent forward with 10 possessions

Meanwhile Jack McRae plays less than a half has 17 and kicks 2

It's kind of funny that there was the controversy about Reid's suspension, and barely anything about Darcy, in the media.

After this 7-goal game, head-to-head, Darcy probably has the inside lane in the more deserving Rising Star winner than Reid now if they were both eligible.

At least we'll have some good news with a Freijah nomination this week. Should have been nominated for any one of about seven games so far this season but he'll get it.

Sam Darcy is absolutely taking the piss..

A 6ft 10inch ( 208 cm ) bloke should not have that level of skill on either side of his body.

I was at the game and in the fwd pocket just watching him kick around the corner like shelling peas..

Entire defences will be geared about stopping this bloke in the coming decade.

Rest of the AFL, be absolutely f*&@#'ing warned.

Last edited:
I think everyone should keep a lid on it even Vandermeer looked good today, couple of nice passes inside 50 and his first goal since May while playing every game and a permanent forward with 10 possessions

Meanwhile Jack McRae plays less than a half has 17 and kicks 2
Macrae and Daniel should always be in a Western Bulldogs team over VDM. Legspeed means shit when you can't use the ball or panic with the ball and he's criminal at that.

Freijah, Macrae, Daniel good - all players who have been on the fringes of the best 22 in this late stage of the season - creates a few selection headaches. I'm desperate to get Macrae and Daniel in the team but only because I think experience and maturity can be a key intangible in finals or finals-like games, even making up for a few other weaknesses.

You can see why McNeil and Gallagher's speed was important there's the feeling like they're on the edge, even if I though both were decent enough.

Freijah, Macrae, Daniel good - all players who have been on the fringes of the best 22 in this late stage of the season - creates a few selection headaches. I'm desperate to get Macrae and Daniel in the team but only because I think experience and maturity can be a key intangible in finals or finals-like games, even making up for a few other weaknesses.

You can see why McNeil and Gallagher's speed was important there's the feeling like they're on the edge, even if I though both were decent enough.
No need to drop anyone unless English is back. In which case Khamis on balance goes out I suspect. Tough on him as he fought back to have a decent game after a poor start.

No need to drop anyone unless English is back. In which case Khamis on balance goes out I suspect. Tough on him as he fought back to have a decent game after a poor start.

Thought he defended very well today. I don't really trust him though if we're going into finals, we saw him struggle one on one against Fogarty last week and still isn't good when the ball hits the deck. His kicking is usually reliable but had some really dodgy moments early today but as you said, bounced back well. Think O'Donnell and Freijah showed today that they are ahead of him.

Been a pretty solid season for him though, especially since he came back in. Was probably a delist candidate at the bye. I like him as a back up both as a defender and potentially forward if things really go bad.

Norf fans referencing Pavlov’s dog on their autopsy thread. That’s enough internet for today.

In all seriousness, took the two little uns for the first time together. Eldest has been to two games, when Bruce kicked 10 and when darcy kicked 7. Spoilt for choice
Fed Up Goodbye GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Had a lot of stand-outs today but thought JOD played really well. Can’t think of any mistakes he made and did well in the contests - good performance considering he hasn’t played in the AFL for a while
He marked it in the last quarter I believe and miskicked it, but then gave another effort and delivered a nice 50m ball down the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At one point in the GDT there were about 20 consecutive posts (I kid you not) all saying things like he is "crap", "F off" and "de-list". Go check it out.

I get the frustration. And that he was struggling and doing some hair-tearing stuff. But that's a pretty poor look from our board, even if it was the GDT. We should be a bit better than that.

I hope he never ventures onto these pages.

Sam Darcy is everything Essendon fans thought Daniher would be.

Extremely happy for CD and Macrae. Both showed they’re still in our best team. Daniel wound it back today. We’ll need them in finals.

Any game where we dominate and it’s not purely off Bont and Liber is always the best.

Bramble has been unreal in the last 8 weeks.

Only negative for me is I didn’t like Dale on the wing. Keep that move away.

North played CD back into form again, but they handed him the keys to Docklands and made him Freeman of the Borough. I don't know if we can trust his lack of leg speed and height in a final. His skills haven't been on the money this year when he's been under the pump.

Super happy with Lobb rucking most of the game today. As I said in the game day thread it was a far better option having him in there and look what that allowed Darcy to do. But not to take away from Lobb who got crunched hard a few times, battled all day against Xerri who is a f*cking monster and played hurt for some of the game. Hats off to him.

At one point in the GDT there were about 20 consecutive posts (I kid you not) all saying things like he is "crap", "F off" and "de-list". Go check it out.

I get the frustration. And that he was struggling and doing some hair-tearing stuff. But that's a pretty poor look from our board, even if it was the GDT. We should be a bit better than that.

I hope he never ventures onto these pages.

It's an unfortunate reality but the gameday thread will always be a jabbering menagerie. Watching competitive team sports is, for many, the violent weekend projection of our subconscious anger, insecurities and unmet desires onto, if not the beleagured men in fluoro, then those well-paid but constantly pressured avatars that make up our chosen tribe. Add in the anonymity of the internet and maybe a few froffs, and things will always shift to the more extreme end of the spectrum. I take nothing I read in there seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sam Darcy and the Bulldogs maul the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back