Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Phil Davis Cleaned up by Sandilands

They will look at it for sure!

From there though, it's anyone's guess.

On a purely selfish level, I wouldn't mind if 211 gets a couple of weeks as we're playing Freo next.

However I don't think it was intentional and he probably shouldn't get anything.

I hope Davis is alright - he kept Pavlich to nothing in that first half.

As an Eagles fan even I don't want Sandilands to go for that.

Terrible week for the AFL if the MRP cites him for it.

This whole MRP is ****ed, we are using a NRL system where the tackler is responsible for the well being of the ball carrier. This works in the NRL because the player is running straight at them and the ball is rarely in dispute. This whole system needs to be looked at, this is a contact sport and should be treated as such.

If the AFL penalises Sandilands for that then the game is officially ruined.

2 Guys going for the footy both with eyes on the ball only one happens to be the size of a small planet. Unfortunately once something that big gets a bit of momentum behind him he's not gonna stop anytime soon.

Mass courage from Davis was awesome to see.

Goodness me. If Sandilands goes for that I will be appalled. It was a hip and shoulder and while there was high contact it was unintentional and the free kick should suffice.

Amazing (or maybe not) how many people on this forum feel qualified to make strong statements on this subject and don't have the slightest clue of the rules in question.

INTENT OR MALICE IS NOT AN ISSUE IN THE OFFENCE BEING PROVEN. IT IS AN ISSUE IN THE PENALTY IMPOSED.

Firstly what an effort by Davis. Secondly im as bias as they come but Sandilands did not take his eyes off the ball, he should not be sighted.

SIGH, as others have told you, Sandi didn't have the option to tackle, unlike Buddy, it was two players going for the mark, both with eyes on the ball, nothing in it.

Hmm. Were that true then it's hard to comprehend how the contact was with hip and shoulder then. Never actually seen a bloke try to take a mark side on with his arm tucked in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly what an effort by Davis. Secondly im as bias as they come but Sandilands did not take his eyes off the ball, he should not be sighted.

In a nutshell.....A very very dangerous precedent IF they only cite him, because he is tall and the other bloke is small...... Would get really ugly imo....

Its footy guys, not marbles.

needs to get weeks due to the franklin suspensions this year, and i believe that if he gets off, the hawks will be appraoching the AFL for a please explain and possily taking them to court

hahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!! bwahahahahaha what a ridiculous post :D You idiot.

Regardless of the guy's height, he's crunched the head. That's the rule. I don't agree with it, but that's life.

We had to suck it up last week. I'd say Freo will have to do the same on Monday..

it's not the rule FFS, school yourself :rolleyes: It's if they have the OPTION TO TACKLE, which wasn't the case here!

**** me dead, some people...

No, Sandilands did everything his coach and supporters would have wanted him to do.
He attacked the ball, not the man and he had every right to, but "Fabulous Phil" decided in that split second that he was going to mark the ball no matter what happened.

Sandilands should not be penalized because of the heroics of Davis.

You cant get rubbed out for high contact in a marking contest like that. He's got nothing to worry about.

Are you sure you're a Hawks supporter? The first sensible post I have seen from a Hawk about this incident, kudos to you. :thumbsu:

deserves nothing but will probly get weeks given some of the other shocking decisions this year. the MRP don't really have a clue and will probly give him weeks coz Davis was knocked out.

look at all the bleating whining hawks supporters in this thread trying to convince everyone that he should get weeks

Don't think that's the case really - the comments are not directed at Sandilands per se but at the MRP. Personally I thought it was very similar to the Harbrow / Lewis one and therefore no case to answer.

The interesting ones imo will be the Goddard (I think) contact with Cousins (who came out very groggy) and the slap to the face that Lenny Hayes dished out last night - two brownlow favourites one would think.

Don't think that's the case really - the comments are not directed at Sandilands per se but at the MRP. Personally I thought it was very similar to the Harbrow / Lewis one and therefore no case to answer.

The interesting ones imo will be the Goddard (I think) contact with Cousins (who came out very groggy) and the slap to the face that Lenny Hayes dished out last night - two brownlow favourites one would think.

Goddard and Cousins was clearly a head clash, Hayes was a good old Fashioned bitch slap.

TV replays clearly showed both players with eyes on the ball.

Sandi never deviated from his line, never aimed a bump at the player. The difference between today and some of Franklin's bump was today's contact was largely incidental and Franklin's were intentional bumps.

That said, I would never have pinged Buddy for some of those bumps.

Agree with other posters. Davis showed a heap of courage. Respects to him. Deserved better that being taken out of the game. Hope he comes back quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandilands bump on davis, 1-2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back