Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We have seen him make changes to our game plan in games though, he did it in the Freo final. We've also seen him throw the side reasonably successfully against Carlton when he had to.

What I'd like to see is more Blighty moves. Something out of left field that catches the oppositon out. Not that it's out of left field, but I'd love for him to throw Smith in the middle if we are struggling in there. I reckon he could blow a game apart.

Having said that, he's 1 and a qtr years through his coaching career, he's still learning. Thank **** he is isn't Neeld.
I posted this last night and I think Sandos move to sub Jacobs definately classifys as a Blighty Manouvre.

Hail Sando, hopefully the new Messiah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did Bruce say one minute and something? (Sorry to get hung up on this, but Bruce is rarely wrong.....)
Wasn't it something like the Kangaroos have led for all but 68 seconds of the game?

Eg the 16 seconds we were ahead and the 52 seconds before anyone had scored

I thought that was right. I heard some commentators saying it was a minute something, but I'm positive it was only for those few seconds after the Petrenko goal. I can't remember us leading at any other time?
I think you've heard them say "less than a minute".. in other words, the time after Petrenko's goal.

Only against North could that happen!!!!

Choke city
It was on the cards against both Hawthorn & Carlton, until blatantly incorrect umpiring decisions killed our momentum stone dead. This time there were no such game killers and we saw what might have happened had our momentum been allowed to roll on to it's conclusion in those previous games.

It was a great call. We looked much better with McKernan rucking even though he's not a genuine ruck. That means we either have Jacobs in the ruck doing worse than McKernan or have him in the forward 50 lumbering around. Great call to sub him.

Not sure if what was a sando call or he just moved forward himself .... but i think it was Rutten at FF who contested the ball against 3 Nrth Melbourne defenders, for Petrenko to crumb and kick the goal.

Genius move .....

Not sure if what was a sando call or he just moved forward himself .... but i think it was Rutten at FF who contested the ball against 3 Nrth Melbourne defenders, for Petrenko to crumb and kick the goal.

Genius move .....
Had to have been a move but Rutten did give away 2 unnessary free kicks at crucial stages

Had to have been a move but Rutten did give away 2 unnessary free kicks at crucial stages

Defender playing as a forward; forwards get pinged for doing the things that defenders do in the AFL, same as the "foul outside the penalty area, play on inside the area" truth from Soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back