Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, what happened was that Petrie had pushed back behind the ball to act as a spare man of sorts for North and Sando probably told Truck to stick with him to make it 7 v 7 instead of 6 v 7.

Absolutely. Great coaching to ensure that we were still able to create a contest.

Yeah, what happened was that Petrie had pushed back behind the ball to act as a spare man of sorts for North and Sando probably told Truck to stick with him to make it 7 v 7 instead of 6 v 7.

Very salient, because it was Truck's contest that allowed that ball to spill out the back, and Petrenko read it beautifully.

I thought maybe he could have picked it up but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I hope Tredders apologises to Sando on Triple M tomorrow morning for his atrocious call that he couldn't coach on match day. Stick that up your arse mate, plenty more where this came from.

Dudrea wrong again, who'd have guessed, he is a massive FLOG!

I hope Tredders apologises to Sando on Triple M tomorrow morning for his atrocious call that he couldn't coach on match day. Stick that up your arse mate, plenty more where this came from.
I usually enjoy listening to Tredders, so what did he say about Sando?

Anyone else think Bernie at the last clearance was a set play? Seemed to be quite deliberate to run sideways out of there, and the rest of our team knew where to position.

I got the impression that Wells swept past and totally missed the footy, so it ended up in Bernie's hands.

What he did with it after taking possession was all class though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the impression that Wells sweeper past and totally missed the footy, so it ended up in Bernie's hands.

What he did with it after taking possession was all class though.

Not so much how he got it (the North player certainly did flash past and miss), but what he did when he got it. Just seemed like he had a plan to waste the seconds, and Porpy knew where to head, and almost instantly where to pass once he took the ball.

1. Good to have a coach again who us willing to make a move when things aren't working. ie. not stubborn & risk going down trying something different ;)

2. McKernan was looking better in ruck all day & he won his fare share of ruck contests & roved some others. Hopefuly will keep the knockers at bay ... probably for another week.

3. Didn't Jacobs have his worst game of the year v Roos last year. I think it may be a case of him being owned by an opponent.
That's a good point. Nothing to be ashamed about either as Goldstein is probably pound for pound the best tap ruckman going around. Unfortunately for him he struggles hugely around the ground.

Not sure if Jacobs needs a rest or what. We could almost run with McKernan + Jenkins against Clarke and Hannath next week...

When was this? What did he say?

Just the other day i believe

But he said that Sando was a PR dream as a coach, but his match day skills are lacking and he'll continually be found out

Sando put that to bed real quick.

Did Dudrea play in the 07 GF? Was Sando assistant in 07 at Geelong?

Change things that are not working. That's all I've been asking for all of craigys time. We didn't need to dabble much last year... but sando is winning me over more and more. Love it.
I always felt like Neil was an armchair general, had the best drills, best science, the best systems but not the best tactics. The entire focus was on the whole, on the group rather than allow for individual brilliance. This was exemplified in those prelims that we lost to WCE, we had no ability to lift.
Sando is different though, he bought us beef, he bought us belief, and he reads the game well.

Not so much how he got it (the North player certainly did flash past and miss), but what he did when he got it. Just seemed like he had a plan to waste the seconds, and Porpy knew where to head, and almost instantly where to pass once he took the ball.

Having watched it several hundred times now, I'm 50/50 on this. Vince's talent is just immense and you tear your hair out with how he can impact a game when he commits himself. I thought he was probably just attuned to the situation and telegraphed what he was doing to bring someone at him, but the more I re-frame the context, the more I think it's just as likely that it was a result of drills completed in match simulation. You may be right.

I always felt like Neil was an armchair general, had the best drills, best science, the best systems but not the best tactics. The entire focus was on the whole, on the group rather than allow for individual brilliance. This was exemplified in those prelims that we lost to WCE, we had no ability to lift.
Sando is different though, he bought us beef, he bought us belief, and he reads the game well.

Except our game plan really isn't all that great - we won today because the group has superior fitness, and the Kangaroos have a singular one way game plan in a similar vein to Essendon of 2008, with no ability to change to something else. Petrie had free kicks with 1:30, and 40 seconds left on the clock. They should have won. The reason they didn't was entirely because no Kangaroo was fit enough to run and demand a pass, they stood still and then jogged to the boundary contests they forced him into selecting. Watch the 6th Kerridge goal again - Firrito can't even run anymore, he knows Kerridge is heading to the square to contest the mark or shepherd, and he isn't even able to attempt to keep up with him.

Our zone was pretty consistently cut to shreds again today, seems to be a common occurrence, and it's the reason our insufficient small defense is being so badly exposed all the time, despite our essentially overwhelmingly superior tall defence.

Anyone else think Bernie at the last clearance was a set play? Seemed to be quite deliberate to run sideways out of there, and the rest of our team knew where to position.
I think you're right, I'm pretty sure I heard one of the commentators say we had 9 players back in our defence for the last ball up. Unless Norths defenders followed if we went forward we would have been outnumbered had we gone forward.

Sando doesnt seem to complicate things too much. Obviously has key reas to focus on, plus strucutre, but seems like the players enjoy the way they play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sando is either a freaking genius or mad as a hatter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back