Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ro
There are so many leaks at so many Clubs, so naturally this came as a shock to the AFL media.

Did Rowie say who told him about the rumour? I guess there was a leak somewhere at the Club which Rowie knows off.
rowe said on the night they know they are the only news to know the story because of who it was that called them, also said that someone was a he.

I thought this was weird as if this person knew, why would no one else unless it was sando or one of the board which is unlikely.

How close to sando is Pembo I wonder. Could it be he found out through his friendship, maybe wives talking and he was the one who told the producer at his radio station? This would obviously depend on how close the friendship is, and probably how close their wives are as that could easily be where the leak came from. Just seems to fit for mine if they are close

Geez Adelaide is a weird town. So fricken insecure. Danger goes on national TV and sounds as passionate as anyone could be about the club and wanting to succeed at the club and that he loves the city etc, and we have a plethora of comments here with the "hmmm sounded like a act" "don't trust him" "not him speaking" "not convinced" "needs to sign first" "actions speak louder than words".

Jeebus, it's like he's the Grand Prix and you're all wetting yourselves with worry that Melbourne will steal it again.

Pretty much every major player who left a club -eg Judd, Ablett, Franklin - left after winning a Premiership and went on to other challenges. Very few big name players leave clubs with unfinished business unless like say Brendan Goddard or Dal Santo they can't see the business getting finished at the current club (and even then they had both played in GF's with their side). Or you are Kurt Tippett - which no one would think Dangerfield is like. Most players do not leave for money - seriously name one other top player other than Tippett who it is clear pretty much went for the money that is a similar situation to Danger?

Dangerfield is not in the situation of Campbell Brown or any of the blokes who went to GWS where they were offered deals far beyond what any other club would offer at that stage of their career.

Dangerfield is not going to have to worry about money either now or post career - Channel 7 would have him commentating now if they could, and the Crows will pay him plenty.

My gut is he will leave if he thinks the club is stuck in 9th to 11th land. And there's good reason to think we're stuck there. He started playing full on with us in 2009. Here's our track record since then:5th, 11th, 14th, 3rd, 11th, 10th - average 9th. If I were him I'd hold off signing until next season as well, see how the new coach works, see who we drop and who we draft and who we trade in.

If we start well and by round 10 we're 7-3, 6-4 after playing some good teams, then I reckon a signing might happen. But if we have another sh*t season and we finish 11th again, then really what is he sticking around for? To be one of those great team men who never gets to play in a GF? Sure 20-30 years ago you might do that if you were playing in the side you grew up supporting. But now? Nope. And it's not even about chasing a Premiership - it's about being a position to win one - the chance to be a player who wins the GF on his own boot.

Read Luke Abblett's article on the finals

It's not about the money.

If money was the only thing, Pavlich would have been our captain for the past 7 years - it's about loyalty to your team mates and also a belief that with them you can achieve success.

If we make the finals next year and Danger still goes, then I'll (sadly) admit I'm wrong.

Have you been contacted by Roo to consider the senior coaching position at AFC? :)

Have finally caught up on this thread.

My question is this. Would Clarkson qualify as:
1. A big fish
2. From left field
3. From a Victorian club
4. Who hadn't been mentioned prior to redhorse's infamous post in the drafting and trading thread
5. Who would excite us about the direction we are going in?
Didn't Redhorse already name Cameron as the big fish?

The Melbourne media are stunned because in truth they see us as a mediocre club, that's why they cant understand the decision. they're like 'what are they doing?!? they might've made the 8 next year?!'
they think we should be happy with that. they think we should be over the moon with an ok coach. Scraping into the 8. Maybe a premiership or two once every 20 years.

I think it's the other way around: for many non-Crow supporters, what Adelaide has achieved so far is adequate and acceptable. Richmond for example, has legions of fans (and media supporters) despite having a history of missing finals for a long period. The Victorian media hype around their "back to back" finals appearances this year was ridiculous, and saw the emergence of dozens of yellow and black scarves at a number of workplaces which is what I'd normally think would be reserved for actual premierships or victories over traditional rivals at the most. To put things in perspective Adelaide have played in finals 12 times since joining the AFL in 91: I'd like to think that making the finals is the rule rather than the exception, and if replacing Sando helps us deliver onfield, then so be it.

Changes at the executive level should also help. Where Trigg appeared to be content to let us drift around the 8-10 range, Fagan has a track record of success with the Brumbies and has already highlighted the long gap between flags.

well **** that. The roovolution is here. get onboard or get the **** out the way.
+100

Yes I can see that, but it is standard fare at pressers. You have to have answer lines that you stick to.

My admiration is for Patty. He was signed onto the FShow prior to the Sando event. He did well. The pressure to perform on national TV playing the team game is no less than the pressure to perform for the team on Saturday afternoon.

Also a standard panel spot turned into a full on 15 minute interview/grilling. The club would have not let him go on without instructing him what to say.

Trivia: There were only three 2014 coaches that have missed out on finals for 2 or more consecutive seasons: Sando, McKenna, & McCartney. And these are the three coaches that have either been sacked (Sando), are likely to be sacked (McKenna), or are under huge pressure (McCartney).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know why Sando and to go

Apparently it started with sloane,danger,crouch,crouch2,Douglas and tex

Crouch 2 was fed up with getting 36 disposals in the sanfl every week so he talked to his brother brad about it who then went it his room mate tex they started discussing how Our club didn't know what they were thinking and eventually blamed everything on Sando. Then tex went Out one night with danger and sloane and asked them if they thought Sando was a good coach. But they didn't account for Douglas hiding in their car, so Douglas decided to spread the word to jeansch and then it was all over.

I know why Sando and to go

Apparently it started with sloane,danger,crouch,crouch2,Douglas and tex

Crouch 2 was fed up with getting 36 disposals in the sanfl every week so he talked to his brother brad about it who then went it his room mate tex they started discussing how Our club didn't know what they were thinking and eventually blamed everything on Sando. Then tex went Out one night with danger and sloane and asked them if they thought Sando was a good coach. But they didn't account for Douglas hiding in their car, so Douglas decided to spread the word to jeansch and then it was all over.

Hi Penbo.

The two stats that are glaring for me - and that the media haven't reported because they are too obsessed with his 57% winning percentage.

1. 2-12 vs top 4 teams.

2 - here is our ladder position for each quarter in 2014.

1st quarter - 14th
2nd quarter - 1st
3rd quarter - 5th
4th quarter - 7th

This clearly shows that we were not switched on to start the game or had the wrong matchups / gamplan. This is 100% a reflection on the head coach.

Yep. With a message to slow the game down to what suits us.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back