VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks SS,just like to see what options we have with the bigger guys, but not rucks.
icon7.gif

Gaetner has played full back but also filled in as ruck for Sandringham ( but maybe not this year ). All from the Saints.com.au

I just heard that the sandy game this week is the ABC game. The ABC also will show the replay on their website player i-view. So good options if you are unable to attend on Saturday and would like to watch the Zebras. It will be nice if we are able to snag a win, and an opportunity to keep an eye on the kids mentioned in this forum, see what they look like, see how they play.

Gaertner has not played the last two weeks (bye last weekend and did not play the week before). I would not expect him to debut in the AFL after a three week break.

He will typically play on the opposition's top forward and has, as far as I am aware, not been beaten this year (and who could forget the mark he took against Pavlich during the NAB cup).

Walsh has played in the backline all year except for the last 1 1/2 quarters as full forward against Bendigo. He may have been named amongst the best four weeks in a row, but I doubt that he would already cope in the far faster AFL.

Both should have a good chance to be promoted to the seniors list next year, but as far as I am aware, no rookie has been promoted for either Miles or Riewoldt this year (then again, with the exception of Allen and - unfortunately - Fisher, all of our rookies could have an AFL career ahead of them).

Sandringham vs. North Ballarat (ABC TV)
Saturday 29th May Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 1:10

Sandringham
B J. Smith Simpkin Nash
HB Howard Walsh Dempster
C J. Geary A. Smith Gallagher
HF Steven Lynch Tregear
F L. Fisher Sautner Gaertner
R Pattison Armitage Magner
Int Bruno Heyne Cahill Hutchings Johnson Hunter Andrews* Lourey

North Ballarat
B Greig Moloney Sharkey
HB Feery Tyler Richardson
C Urquhart White Clifton
HF Harding Smith Norris
F Driscoll C. Jones A. Edwards
R Stephenson Lower Sewell
Int Tate* Garlett Black W. Benjamin McKenzie N. Peters Campbell Dillon Couch Micallef C. Benjamin Conroy

good to see Cahill back and Dempster.

Sandringham vs. North Ballarat (Reserve Grade)
Saturday 29th May Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 10:10 AM

Sandringham
B Smith-Cameron Gower Sands
HB Winmar Hunter O'Sullivan
C Shakallis Paterakis T. Johnston
HF K. Geary Cahill McConnell
F Archer Boland Barnes
R McGrath Hardiman Ferraro
Int Waller Allan D. Jones M. Johnston Fleming Cleeve

North Ballarat
B Brayshaw Niblett Keeble
HB C. Benjamin Luke D. Jones
C Giampaolo George B. Peters
HF Struth Micallef D. Orr
F Bell Nicholls Conroy
R Dillon Lynch Couch
Int Netherway Linke Orvis S. Orr Jewell McCartin Fitzgerald

can't be many left on the unknown list or the injury list at St kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserves final scores - Sandringham 22.16.148 def. North Ballarat 8.8.56

Frustrating game to watch. We've got it back to level a few times, but just haven't taken enough of our chances.

Armitage has been very good. Walsh has played half forward for the whole game - he's done some good things, but also missed a few gettable shots at goal.

Got to say I'm not totally impressed.
Armo and Geary obviously the best Saints.
Gaetner does a fair bit, but also drops some serious clangers.
I guess Lynch needs a couple of games back to get into the swing.
Tommy Walsh will be awsome when he finishes his crash course.
Pattison -- Nah
Why did we delist Howard?

Yeah, missed too many chances and turne dit over too many times to win games of footy, also, Steven got crucified everytime he got near it. Get ball, get tackled by 14 blokes, get pinged for holding it. Lay tackle, wait half hour for ump to decide if wants to give free or not. Can consider himself suitably shafted.

Also, LOL to putting a guy in a headlock in front of the ump and no free. AWESOME! I wanna play VFL just to choke people out now, it's like a free excuse to.

Frustrating game to watch. We've got it back to level a few times, but just haven't taken enough of our chances.

Armitage has been very good. Walsh has played half forward for the whole game - he's done some good things, but also missed a few gettable shots at goal.
how did jessie smith play? how much of the game did he play

how did jessie smith play? how much of the game did he play

He spent far more time on the ground than two weeks ago (Sandy had a bye last week) with longer spells including time in the midfield.

Provided he will not suffer any setbacks I would not be surprised to see him play for St Kilda this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back