Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Round 13 Fixture:

Saturday 30th June
Central v Norwood, Elizabeth Oval (ABC TV)
Port v Eagles, Alberton Oval
West v North, Richmond Oval
Sturt v Glenelg, Adelaide Oval

Bye - South

• For the first time this season Norwood will be appearing on ABC TV. Darren Pfeiffer will be in action once again after a solid game last week (18 possessions, 6 marks) while Bryce Campbell is still out.

• After showing some great signs over the past fortnight, Ivan Maric will be in the ruck again for the Magpies. Bernie Vince is in great form after yet another BOG performance for the Eagles last week.

• At Richmond Oval, defender Andrew McIntyre will return to the league side and has been named at CHB. Rookie defender Greg Gallman has been dropped to the reserves and will play at CHB. Nick Gill will be looking to continue the good form he showed last week and is named in the FP.

• In what will mark the first game at the Adelaide Oval for the year, Sturt takes on Glenelg. Richard Douglas and James Sellar will be in action for the Bays, whereas John Hinge would be in some doubt after he copped a knock to the throat last week.

There might only be the one Norwood gun on display on the ABC. It is 50/50 whether John Meesen will make his first league appearance of the season despite everyone wanting to see his the obvious incredible potential he has. Darren Pfeiffer’s talents will be on display as he is named across the HFF. Be sure to look out for his outstanding vertical leap.

Will definetely watch the Norwood game on Saturday, Meesen better be playing Leagues so I can watch him closely again, good to see Pfeiffer and Rocket too.

Norwood on TV LMAO :eek: After last weeks horrendous effort they should be banned from the SANFL let alone be shown on TV :eek: Easy loss coming up for the Deadlegs.

Sturt will win as usual and start their run towards top spot :thumbsu:

Will watch with interest again. Especially want to watch young Pfeiffer and the incomparable Luke Jeric-*shot*

Look forward to hopefully seeing Meese as well. After all the talking up he's gotten from you guys I will expect him to amass more possessions and hitouts than Paris has sex partners. :cool: Hope he can start showing something quickly though because this is pretty much crunch time for the Meese.
You seriously don't talk any sense.

You’re making is sound as though Meesen has shown nothing at SANFL level when in fact he's played 29 games and about half of them were as our leading ruckman. He’s had a few 20+ possession games and was an emergency a few times last year. Just because he’s been out with injury doesn’t mean we should ignore the fact when fit he’s a very good young player.

You talk down just turned 21 year-old Meesen and yet you rave about Nick Gill. Work that one out...

Meh, don't care at all for the result. Only watch SANFL footy to see the AFC-listed players.
That would be right. :rolleyes: The SANFL is brilliant.

Norwood on TV LMAO :eek: After last weeks horrendous effort they should be banned from the SANFL let alone be shown on TV :eek: Easy loss coming up for the Deadlegs.

Sturt will win as usual and start their run towards top spot :thumbsu:
Umm wouldn't it be in your best interests for Norwood to win in order to assist you in your run towards top spot? :eek:

What I mean is that Meesen can't afford to ease back into form, he needs to start having an impact very quickly after this injury. He's treading on thin ice whether you like it or not; I personally would like to keep him on the list.

You're not seriously suggesting he will be de-listed or traded away are you? As that is what your "treading on thin ice" comment is implying.

As for Gill, he's shown a million times more than Meesen has at SANFL level.

Where to begin eh? Won't even bother.

Umm wouldn't it be in your best interests for Norwood to win in order to assist you in your run towards top spot? :eek:

Not really, it's only Round 13 Drummond :) But the deadlegs are a hopeless bunch of hacks as was shown last Friday night :thumbsu: Absolutely disgraceful and was almost projectile vomitting at the game when I saw their disposal.

They will get absolutely wallopped by the dogs .. 60-80 point loss. Anything less is disappointing from Central's point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to heading to the Adelaide Oval to watch some SANFL for the first time in a long time. To be honest I would suggest the last time I was there was a night match Sturt v Port 10,000 turned up and they had the stands for the rugby side that played there.

Trent Ormond Allen took mark of the century and it was a close result.. I have a happy feeling about the game so I was either drunk or Sturt won a narrow one

Is the oval in good condition?

Well this will be interesting. Norwood's changes:

In: Meesen, Minson
Out: -

Minson played the first two games of the year but didn't look ready at league level. He doesn't have enough body strength to compete in the ruck.

Meesen should play.

Well this will be interesting. Norwood's changes:

In: Meesen, Minson
Out: -

Minson played the first two games of the year but didn't look ready at league level. He doesn't have enough body strength to compete in the ruck.

Meesen should play.

Can 1 play forward? Or is it a case of one or the other?

Can 1 play forward? Or is it a case of one or the other?

Dont know whether he actually plays forward, but Minson has kicked at least 2 goals in around about his last 6 games so he is a goal kicker.

Dont know whether he actually plays forward, but Minson has kicked at least 2 goals in around about his last 6 games so he is a goal kicker.

Mac the Norwood ressies have quite a few young talls in the team so they tend to rest either Minson, Tyrell or when he has plyaed in the last few weeks Meesen, hence the reason he is kicking goals.

It would be much more likely that DeJongh goes forward than either Meese or Minson, if they play the "3 ruck" option.

Do yourself a favour and edit this please

Or post where I said he was average.

I see the original post has still not been edited to reflect accuracy. Either Drummond has me on ignore or he chooses to be obstinate.

Might have to make a report to the Mods.

Please edit your original post Drummond :)

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back