SANFL Round 14

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys just wondering how Bernie Vince went today? i think he's on your list, although you guys never talk about him in these threads so im not sure if he's still with you guys!

thanks

Unless he is playing under 9’s, the game will not start for a few hours yet.

Drummond if anyone has had Glandular fever ......even a mild case is going to wreck your fitness base and importantly stamina.

I wouldn't be expecting too much from the lad ...be grateful he's even playing
My daughter left here to live in Melbourne in April this year and unknowingly to all had glandular fever at the time - and still has - and has had to come home to Adelaide to recover and is the shadow of her normal self [literally] - so not sure how long Darren has had it but I can assure you it could be a huge factor in his underperformance.

Jericho backed out of about 20 contests today, nothing new there. Did some nice stuff though through traffic, and had quite good foot skills considering the conditions. Was perhaps in our best half dozen.

Bryce Campbell was freaking brilliant, especially in the first half. BOG.

BOG? How could a Norwood player get best on ground after their terrible effort yesterday at home? The game was over as a contest pretty early in shithouse conditions.

It was too easy for North and we jump into 2nd with that win.

Gill was pretty good, it wasn't the easiest day for big men but he works pretty hard and even lined up on the wing at one stage. The last two weeks he has been everywhere, one minute down back the next he's up forward. McIntyre fumbled the ball quite a bit, he hasn't found form yet since coming back from injury.

I’m sure bus24 will be able to tell us more about the game, but it didn’t sound like a great day for the Adelaide guys.

Sellar didn’t kick a goal and was on and off the bench. Seems odd because people said he looked to be getting some fitness back. Why wouldn't they just leave him in the forward line?

Douglas had another good game through the midfield but was goalless. Hinge sounded pretty useful too and Griffin won a fair amount of hit-outs and worked hard around the ground.

That's just what I picked up from the radio. Norwood take on the Bays next week so I'll get a closer look at Sellar and co.

Sellar didnt have a good game, I thought he may of kicked one goal, he did take a couple of nice contested grabs, but his finishing let him down.

Douglas was good again, not as prolific as last week but was in amongst the best again.

Hinge seemed to get alot of it, but for mine just didnt hit the packs hard enough, couple of times when he was required to go he just didnt. Not sure if this was due to lack of communication from team mates or he just wasnt prepared to throw himself at it. He played well but just at times he didnt use the ball as well as he should of.

Didnt take too much notice of Griffin but Centrals were killing us out of the middle early on to set up the game. Wasnt easy in the middle there because the centre square area was a bog pit.

Didnt take too much notice of Griffin but Centrals were killing us out of the middle early on to set up the game. Wasnt easy in the middle there because the centre square area was a bog pit.
Helps when you are over 2m in a big pit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Douglas

Great game again. What a player, and best of all he took a great overhead mark not 1m away from me. What a man :thumbsu:

He was never going to have another one like last week, considering the conditions... and he wouldn't have anyway. But to back up last week, after being robbed of an AFC jumper for this week, was fantastic. I'd guess about 30 touches, a zillion tackles and he made me very happy. Probably our best. He really does play above his size, he throws himself in and he takes strong marks above his head. Also a born leader, leads with actions rather than words. He'll be running around at the Dome next Friday night :thumbsu:

The rest to come.

Hinge seemed to get alot of it, but for mine just didnt hit the packs hard enough, couple of times when he was required to go he just didnt. Not sure if this was due to lack of communication from team mates or he just wasnt prepared to throw himself at it. He played well but just at times he didnt use the ball as well as he should of.

I wasnt going to mention this, but as you have made a comment I will follow up with what I felt of his effort last week against Sturt.

I was going to use the Jericho analogy but Ive been told not to use the word soft. I felt ( last week) that Hinge was happier being the link man and running the ball down field . This will sound stupid but he looked 100% better at getting the ball than his efforts in trying to work the packs

James Sellar

Oh boy was he average. Real average. Couple of kicks, couple of handballs, that was about the extent of his game I thought.

The conditions didn't help him, neither did the craphouse service he got. But on the whole, he really dissappointed me. Spent lengthy periods on the bench and really didn't give much. Took a nice grab. Meh.

well well well we did it again.we have won 12 games this yr and with only one lost.keep up the good work cdfc.and we r on the right trck for another gf this yr.

beware the dogs r barking in 2007
premiers 2007
the best team eva in 2007

:D:D:D
:):):)

This is exactly what Dougie needed to do. It will be a close call between he and Vince this week, although if Porplyzia drops out with a hammy and Dogga serves a suspension then both would be likely starters. I'd put Douglas ahead of Bernie at this stage.

Like Knighta Richie has got some speed about him. Would be a welcome addition to our midfield if he can bust his way into the rotations.

I would have thought Douglas would be picked ahead of Vince. Arguably in slightly better form & more likely to be a long-term prospect for AFC.

well well well we did it again.we have won 12 games this yr and with only one lost.keep up the good work cdfc.and we r on the right trck for another gf this yr.
I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard that to stay within the salary cap Centrals offers recruits their very own company credit card if they sign on the dotted line.

I would have thought Douglas would be picked ahead of Vince. Arguably in slightly better form & more likely to be a long-term prospect for AFC.

Douglas had a massive game last week, but besides that Vince has just about been in better form. He's been either BoG or high up in WWTs best in almost every game since he was dropped from the crows. I've seen him play twice in that time, and he's looked a class above. Dougie has had an absolutely brilliant month, but prior to that he took a while to get back into it. Both of them have been in really good form though, and I expect both to be long term players for us. We all know Dougie will be good, but Vince has got enough talent in him to overcome his lack of speed and endurance (which both seem to be improving anyway). If he can manage to find his feet at AFL level (which was always going to take some time), he'll be a very very handy player.

I wasnt going to mention this, but as you have made a comment I will follow up with what I felt of his effort last week against Sturt.

I was going to use the Jericho analogy but Ive been told not to use the word soft. I felt ( last week) that Hinge was happier being the link man and running the ball down field . This will sound stupid but he looked 100% better at getting the ball than his efforts in trying to work the packs

I haven't seen Hinge's last two games, but he's never struck me as an overly outside player. Perhaps he's lost confidence after that knock to the throat that had him coughing up blood a couple of weeks ago.

The Griffatron was awesome for Centrals today.

Dominated in the ruck, and did a reasonable amount of work around the ground too. The Glenelg players just kept kicking it to him.

Hes a lot bigger than you'd think when you see him up close, just seems so small in comparison to all of the other ruckmen

What's with all the Hinge bashing? I thought he played a pretty good game. Far better than his last 2 weeks anyway.

What's with all the Hinge bashing? I thought he played a pretty good game. Far better than his last 2 weeks anyway.

Ok bus you were at the Sturt v Glenelg game... what did you think of his game?

Was he an outside receiver like I said... or was it a one off due to his injury as DG hinted at

I thought he played well, he got alot of it.

I just expected him to crash a few packs, sometimes it was required he make a contest and he didnt.

I havent seen much of him but I have heard he is a fairly tough player I was just a bit suprised.

Ok bus you were at the Sturt v Glenelg game... what did you think of his game?

Was he an outside receiver like I said... or was it a one off due to his injury as DG hinted at

He was terrible against Sturt. Soft, uninspiring, dropped marks, turned over the footy.

Today he was great I thought. He's not a 'tough' player, as you'd be inclined to assume, but generally he isn't soft as such. He was far better today.

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Round 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back