Say No To Recycling

Remove this Banner Ad

Cogs, whilst l totally agree with you on the vlaue of draft selections past the 2nd round, you do love dream.

Pearce for anything but our pick 19, wont go. Even that would likely be rejected.

never say never dude....we do have currency with Port with D-Rod and Meyer(hometown kid)...if you know what i mean...Cleve might just be the ace in the pack come trade time...and if my memory serves me correct, isnt Sarge from south of the border too? you can only hope and dream dude...i mean here we have the mad tuggers of this world hoping and dreaming about how good a shape our list is. So i lean towards hoping and dreaming when it comes to drafts and trades.
And FWIW i would be offloading pick 19 and or a player, for Pearce any day of the week, if it included another pick in the 20s or 30s back from them...
And i started a thread on him, but if i were damien, i would be seriously toying with pick 19 and Sarge or Cleve to the doggies for the kid in their 2s in Stack as well to make sure we leave no stone unturned to get some class and smarts and know how into this list.. ;)

never say never dude....we do have currency with Port with D-Rod and Meyer(hometown kid)...if you know what i mean...Cleve might just be the ace in the pack come trade time...and if my memory serves me correct, isnt Sarge from south of the border too? you can only hope and dream dude...i mean here we have the mad tuggers of this world hoping and dreaming about how good a shape our list is. So i lean towards hoping and dreaming when it comes to drafts and trades.
And FWIW i would be offloading pick 19 and or a player, for Pearce any day of the week, if it included another pick in the 20s or 30s back from them...;)

I'll let you dream... if you dont have that, well you aint got much as a Richmond supporter.

I dont share your optimism though fella. Port doesnt owe us anything, regardless of Rodan and Meyer.

:thumbsu:

im not against giving some young guys from another team that havent had the opportunity, but definitely not for picks.

reading that article on the make up of the all australian team and the picks they came from shows you dont need top 10 picks, all our picks are important, the more we take the more chance we have of finding a few gems.

Ok, its time to step out of the dream world some people are living in and join the rest of us in reality. Lets face the facts...

Bowden, Johnson, JON & Pettifer have finished at the top level and will never be seen again. Delisted.

Raines will leave us for Brisbane in return for pick 44.

McMahon will be headed to St Kilda during trade week (probably for a 3rd rounder (46-49) given how late the Saints 3rd pick will be) Greg Denham still believes this will be the first trade done in trade week.

At his age, Tuck will command nothing more than a 3rd round pick. Probably 39 from Sydney or 42 from Essendon if you believe the reports that these are his 2 most likely destinations.

Cleve isn't worth anything for us at the trade table. The only teams that would consider picking him are Port and Adelaide due to the go home factor and given the potency of Adelaides forward line it is almost impossible to think they would even consider him. For that reason Port don't need to trade with us, if they really want him the can get him with pick 7 in the PSD for nothing.

I believe we will float Schultz and take anything we can get for him. Given he has a contract he won't be delisted so Port (for the same reason as Cleve) would be his only suitor. They would probably be able to offload their last pick to us for him and we would gladly take it to free up room in the salary cap.

The only other names still not signed from our senior list are Pattison, Putt, Richo and Polak. Word on the street is Polak will be cut and Richo will play on and given their size Patto and Putt will be given 1 more year to see if Lade (if as reported on the news he is joining the panel) can extract any improvement.

I expect we will promote Nahas, Browne and maybe Gourdis. Leave Gilligan on the rookie list and delist Sylvester. This would leave us with 32 of last years 45 players and room on our list for 4 new rookies as well as 9 new senior players.

Given to this point we would now have 12 picks: 3, 19, 35, 39 or 42 (Tuck), 44 (Raines), 46-49 (McMahon), 51, 67, 83, Maybe 88 (Schultz), 99. It is likely we would on trade 1 or 2 3rd rounders for a couple of established players that might fill a gap. Don't want to speculate at this point as to who this may be as I have no idea and we all know that only draws critiscm.

I would expect our final outcome looking like this...

13 players gone.
3 rookies upgraded.
Picks 3, 19, 35, 39, 44, 51, 67
Pick 2 PSD Uncontracted player
2 recycled players joining us.
3 new rookies

Then next year unless we see significant improvement from these players we would probably cull Simmo, Putt, Hislop, Thomson, Cousins, Richo, King and maybe even White and Connors.

So our list by 2011 would have

Thursfield
Deledio
Riewoldt
Cotchin
Edwards
Polo
McGuane (if he isn't poached by GC17)
Newman
Rance
Morton
Jackson
Vickery
Tambling
Moore
Foley
Collins
Browne
Graham
Gilligan
3 new rookies
+ Around 10 new players from 2010 draft and PSD.
& 2-4 recycled players from other clubs over 2 trade periods.

Then we can start to talk about finals and challenging teams. Until then Hardwick and his new crew will need to put every inch of their time into developing the new talent, improving the skills of the core group and implementing a game plan that will be by top of mind for all players and executed week-in-week-out like we see from St Kilda, Geelong, Collingwood and WB.

Not a fan of recyclables but unfortunately with the size of our clean out it's inevitable. With the number of players supposedly up for trade and this years trade week being spoken about as one of the most active in years (i'll hold my breath on that one) we could pick up a reasonable player for pretty cheap.
I think we'll pick up half a dozen kids, a couple of late bloomers from local leagues and a couple of recycled players. As French Tiger said trade for needs and we need a **** of a lot. Keep an open mind people.
i would rather pick up untried older players than take a gamble on a failed afl footballer. only trade if there is something there to good not to go after or give up.

So our list by 2011 would have

Thursfield
Deledio
Riewoldt
Cotchin
Edwards
Polo
McGuane (if he isn't poached by GC17)
Newman
Rance
Morton
Jackson
Vickery
Tambling
Moore
Foley
Collins
Browne
Graham
Gilligan
3 new rookies
+ Around 10 new players from 2010 draft and PSD.
& 2-4 recycled players from other clubs over 2 trade periods.

Then we can start to talk about finals and challenging teams. .

You forgot to add pick 5 from the next 2 drafts... the reward for winning the next two spoons.

;)

So let me get this straight. We aren't a couple of experienced players from being locked and loaded and cherry ripe?

Bwahhaaahaaa.....but you got the timing wrong dude...that was the last draft....the deal was that we were locked and loaded as you saw, with all the firing that has eventuated, from the head, or should i say dick head coach, to the "director of coaching"..???....like hello, we are real improtant...and all the way down to 10 players from the list....they were all locked, loaded and fired. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Say No To Recycling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back