Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is ready to play and has been for a while. A club report indicated he was aiming for a R5 return to AFL. No doubt he will play some NAB and VFL before then. SC fans will be hoping he tears it up and plays round 1 naturally.

Could be an awkward rd1 with Haw playing last game on Monday as well, particularly if he is initially named in the 25 on the bench......

Could be an awkward rd1 with Haw playing last game on Monday as well, particularly if he is initially named in the 25 on the bench......

Agree. Was the same last year. You could not afford not to gamble on a rookie named in an early game in the hope a more likely one would be played in a later game and miss out. If that makes sense? I went Georgiou early and carried him all year.

My go - V2. *No byes have been taken onto account*
Fire away!

Backs - I've gone with more mid price madness than ever before however I think 85-90 is a pass mark for a keeper on this line. So few reliable rookies available I've gone for Yeo and KK to break out. I don't want to much trouble trading in/out players just get someone on the park.

Mids - Set and forget 4 kingpins, I'm backing Wines over Sloane. Standard GnR set up for this line.

Forwards - I hate the inconsistent nature of KPF so I've gone quite small. Gray I think is worth the money and possibly could be the next "Ablett Jr" type scoring king pin. Really rate Bennell, the rest is pretty standard.

Rucks - I've had to gamble somewhere to get ahead and it's with my rucks.
Naitanui we all know the risk v reward, Leuenberger reminds me of Dean Cox, I think his opposite number will play forward a lot so I'm not worried about his time on ball being affect too much. When on he is as good as anyone. (Risks - No ruck back up for two injury prone players)

View attachment 113919
Looks like my team left everyone speechless!

Nothing wrong with it. A few slight variations to others posted on here. Some doubt still exists over selecting Essendon players and Fisher and Newnes will give you some bye angst. All your rookies are in the 'rookie selection zone'.

My only concern would be running 6 rookies in your midfield. Obviously there are multiple vest canditates and every likelihood 3-4 could get a game and then disappear for a few weeks to be educated. Getting 6 rookies in the middle with good job security (and the necessity to make money) could be tough. If that works out for you, you could do well.

Your mids and forwards are fine good set up.
Loony is a risk but if he gets injuired martin price will be tasty and good swap.
Unsure on on both Yeo and KK buts thats your choice

strong team structure. Your mid and fwd is strong!
Luey is a massive risk, one I won't be taking
some questionable backline choices, but at the end of the day they are your choices, the thing that separates all our teams
I like the Bennell pick

My only concern would be running 6 rookies in your midfield. Obviously there are multiple vest canditates and every likelihood 3-4 could get a game and then disappear for a few weeks to be educated. Getting 6 rookies in the middle with good job security (and the necessity to make money) could be tough. If that works out for you, you could do well.

I'll most likely save 2 midfield bench spots for DPP's. Ideally a B/M & M/F (or 2x M/F) rookies to offset one or two of my regular Mid rookies being green vested. Having 1 or 2 DPP's on the mid bench is crucial if you go with a 4/0/7 midfield set-up IMHO.

I'll most likely save 2 midfield bench spots for DPP's. Ideally a B/M & M/F (or 2x M/F) rookies to offset one or two of my regular Mid rookies being green vested. Having 1 or 2 DPP's on the mid bench is crucial if you go with a 4/0/7 midfield set-up IMHO.

Definitely. Otherwise you could end up in a world of pain. ArdentEagle currently has the Steele (FWD/MID) as his only DPP mid player allowing him to swap Gray/Martin/Bennell/Swan or Lambert into is midfield. Not sure this is enough coverage for his current amount of rookies?

Definitely. Otherwise you could end up in a world of pain. ArdentEagle currently has the Steele (FWD/MID) as his only DPP mid player allowing him to swap Gray/Martin/Bennell/Swan or Lambert into is midfield. Not sure this is enough coverage for his current amount of rookies?

I would go with 2 if I were ArdentEagle

I'll strongly consider taking Lambert in the mids if he is picked for this very reason

You'd have to load up your backline in this case. I wouldn't be relying on any rookie defenders to cover you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to load up your backline in this case. I wouldn't be relying on any rookie defenders to cover you.

True that. Also not many of the Def premo's are DP's this year. Ok make that 2 M/F rookes in the mids. The forwards being as strong as they are this year, both your F7 & F8 should be starting 21-22 for their team(s) so should be able to cover for any midfield vestings from your forward bench.

Can someone please remind me how to insert the actual image into my posts (full screen)???

DEF: Smith, Simpson, Hibberd, KK, C.Pearce, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Prestia, Treloar, B.Crouch, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)
RUCK: Maric, NicNat (DPP Rookie)
FWD: Martin, Franklin, Swan, TMitchell, Hogan, Clark (Rookie, Rookie)

A lot of rookies are wait and see, still no idea who I will end up locking in.

Can someone please remind me how to insert the actual image into my posts (full screen)???

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Prestia, Treloar, B.Crouch, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)

If you are on a laptop or PC, use the snipping tool to save an image, then upload that image in your post.

ST EX.PNG

Then click 'full image' down bottom LHS.

Hit 'post reply'.

No idea either.....

I like the set up of your side as it's very similar to mine in regards to the structure....some premos and mid pricers are dif but that simply comes down to personal preference but nevertheless I like it.....a well balanced side!!

If you are on a laptop or PC, use the snipping tool to save an image, then upload that image in your post.

View attachment 114122

Then click 'full image' down bottom LHS.

Hit 'post reply'.
Testing now, thanks for that... I couldn't remember for the life of me how to do it.. LEGEND!

IMG.JPG

EDIT: Will most likely slide Saad to backline if he will be upgraded/playing and pick another mid rookie, and drop Whitecross, who could be a great downgrade pick later.
Am also waiting on Caleb Daniel, to see what the go is with the little dwarf.

Last edited:
No idea either.....

I like the set up of your side as it's very similar to mine in regards to the structure....some premos and mid pricers are dif but that simply comes down to personal preference but nevertheless I like it.....a well balanced side!!
Thanks!

Hopefully C Pearce keeps playing well and cements his spot... If not will look to Hendo/Rohan if they perform well.

Rookies will change a fair bit dependant on NAB Challenge, as per any team I would think.

Screenshot_2015-03-06-14-37-05.png Screenshot_2015-03-06-14-37-15.png

Any thoughts guys?

Still considering changes to try to get Franklin instead of Mitchel up front. And maybe a selwood in my mid for fyfe.

Thoughts on Ryder in front line instead of Martin?

View attachment 114133 View attachment 114134

Any thoughts guys?

Still considering changes to try to get Franklin instead of Mitchel up front. And maybe a selwood in my mid for fyfe.

I dont think your def cangenerate enough cash to upgrade itself.

think you need another true "keeper" in there rather than 4 hopeful keepers

View attachment 114133 View attachment 114134

Any thoughts guys?

Thoughts...viewing this post on my big screen monitor is like sitting in the front row at a cinema. My eyes hurt. Can't quite take in the whole image at once! Why so big?
Not sold on Ryder or any ruck/fwd DPP option.
Ryder due to uncertainty of role at his new club. Will he score well splitting time with Lobbe? May still get suspended also

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 4.49.45 pm.png

DEF: 4 guys I see as keepers straight up, don't much like the idea of having a stack of midpricers. Clancee was always going to be a decent option if he could get games, has the scoring potential. Hopefully last night helps his cause, Duffield injury could help as well. Still waiting to see what rookies pop up

MID: Ablett/Pendles/Selwood set and forget. Huge mancrush on Wines, just see him getting better and better. Was 50/50 on Swallow before looking at his scoring history, 2 years of about 110 and 2 more 105+. Happy with that for a m8. Rookies still very open to change.

RUC: Hopefully not going to have to change that combo all year, both very good players

FWD: Goddard, Dusty and Swanny pick themselves. Titch another one i'm really keen on, should surely be best 22 this season and if he gets a good crack at it we know he will score well

View attachment 114158

DEF: 4 guys I see as keepers straight up, don't much like the idea of having a stack of midpricers. Clancee was always going to be a decent option if he could get games, has the scoring potential. Hopefully last night helps his cause, Duffield injury could help as well. Still waiting to see what rookies pop up

MID: Ablett/Pendles/Selwood set and forget. Huge mancrush on Wines, just see him getting better and better. Was 50/50 on Swallow before looking at his scoring history, 2 years of about 110 and 2 more 105+. Happy with that for a m8. Rookies still very open to change.

RUC: Hopefully not going to have to change that combo all year, both very good players

FWD: Goddard, Dusty and Swanny pick themselves. Titch another one i'm really keen on, should surely be best 22 this season and if he gets a good crack at it we know he will score well

Solid team, pretty similar structure to a large sum of teams on the forum.

Can't spot too many faults tbh. Usually see Wines placed in M5 so you're backing him quite confidently to do well at M4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back