Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright good people of the SC thread.
This is my 3rd attempt...Have Leuy starting in my rucks worried me so I've strengthened that area and become a little more speculative with my mids.
Hannebery when he has a free run from injury and strings games together is a very good scorer, given his age he should take the average up a notch or two this year.

sc2015v3.JPG

Structure is good, don't like the Backline much.
I suppose as already discussed in the thread, it's the one area that's more speculative this year.
Gone with Gibbo as my reliable gun and he'll be let off the hook more this year provided the big fellas don't get injured.
Fisher (when fit) I really rate. Injury risk yes, high scorer, yes. I'm on the Newnes train for now, Sheppard will finally break out I think and Pearce will score well if played in sweeper.
All speculative of course but that my reasoning anyway.

This is my 3rd attempt...Have Leuy starting in my rucks worried me so I've strengthened that area and become a little more speculative with my mids.
Hannebery when he has a free run from injury and strings games together is a very good scorer, given his age he should take the average up a notch or two this year.

View attachment 115298
The backline is the worry. A good price spread but the players chosen are all pretty risky. When Pearce looks likely to be your best backeline scorer there's a problem.

Otherwise it looks great. Downgrading Clark to a cheaper rookie and using that cash to upgrade Hannebery to Parker would make it even better.

The backline is the worry. A good price spread but the players chosen are all pretty risky. When Pearce looks likely to be your best backeline scorer there's a problem.

Otherwise it looks great. Downgrading Clark to a cheaper rookie and using that cash to upgrade Hannebery to Parker would make it even better.
Don't you think Gibson and Fisher will score better than Pearce? (I'm backing in Sheppard)

Don't you think Gibson and Fisher will score better than Pearce? (I'm backing in Sheppard)
I believe that if Pearce gets regular games, (and indications are that he will), that he will average close to 100. I like Fisher as a player but I doubt he can turn the clock back and score as well now as he did when he was younger and playing in a top side. Gibson's always mixed great scores with lousy ones and ended up with about a 90 average at best. I can't see any real reason that would suddenly change. I do like the Sheppard pick. He's showing great signs that he could step up this year.

114837_c2b1973058ec585af423b92f47d28978.JPG
I like the Bennell pick in the forward line. Shepp will score well 70-90 as long as Hurn is being tagged. Seems to be comfy now.
Maynard, Yohlman and McGiness I have to say I know 0% about!!!!!! Lonie I'm not sold on.

I believe that if Pearce gets regular games, (and indications are that he will), that he will average close to 100. I like Fisher as a player but I doubt he can turn the clock back and score as well now as he did when he was younger and playing in a top side. Gibson's always mixed great scores with lousy ones and ended up with about a 90 average at best. I can't see any real reason that would suddenly change. I do like the Sheppard pick. He's showing great signs that he could step up this year.

The train of thought is that with Frawley and Lake Gibbo won't need to play as a KPP as often as he has in the past, freeing him up to roam around and pick up possessions at will. All this could change of course if either Frawley or Lake get injured or dropped. Gibbo is definitely in my side at the moment though.

The train of thought is that with Frawley and Lake Gibbo won't need to play as a KPP as often as he has in the past, freeing him up to roam around and pick up possessions at will. All this could change of course if either Frawley or Lake get injured or dropped. Gibbo is definitely in my side at the moment though.
So Frawley will be your main stopper? I need to look at Gibson again. Who is bigger and will take the big forwards? I imagine Frawly!
Thoughts pincrusher :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley and Lake.
poo, forgot about Lake, really lets Gibbo off the chain doesn't it. How do you think it will affect his game, more possies I assume, further up the ground? Whats his disposal like and is he likely to move a fair bit, or doesn't he have the endurance@!
Interesting, I'm considering him now.

View attachment 115298
Structure is pretty good. About the right amount of risk in your selections I would think.
I don't like the Hannebery pick personally, think there are better options at a similar price point. I'm not sure his ceiling is much more than what he has already displayed.
I don't know a lot about Sheppard but I'm sure you do so are making this pick based on a hunch which is fine. If it comes off, could give you the jump on most.
Rucks are obviously really strong.
You will have to be mindful of your rookie selections. You may need some additional cash available in order to select the best available come rd1 teams being released.
All in all, pretty darn strong

poo, forgot about Lake, really lets Gibbo off the chain doesn't it. How do you think it will affect his game, more possies I assume, further up the ground? Whats his disposal like and is he likely to move a fair bit, or doesn't he have the endurance@!
Interesting, I'm considering him now.
Disposal is elite. If allowed to roam free, or even just allowed to pick up a less dangerous forward, he will zone off and intercept everything, and will see an increase in touches, being used as a distributer coming out of defence. The beauty of Hawthorn's defence at the moment is that most of them, perhaps save Frawley, use the ball exceptionally well. Makes it very difficult to stop their run. If you lockdown on Birchall, they will just move him up to a wing and use Suckling/Gibson/Hodge/Mitchell/Burgoyne at halfback. Can't lock down all of them. I think Gibson will be seen as less dangerous than some of the others so will be less likely to get any attention. Interesting to see how other teams will view this, still a real unknown

Disposal is elite. If allowed to roam free, or even just allowed to pick up a less dangerous forward, he will zone off and intercept everything, and will see an increase in touches, being used as a distributer coming out of defence. The beauty of Hawthorn's defence at the moment is that most of them, perhaps save Frawley, use the ball exceptionally well. Makes it very difficult to stop their run. If you lockdown on Birchall, they will just move him up to a wing and use Suckling/Gibson/Hodge/Mitchell/Burgoyne at halfback. Can't lock down all of them. I think Gibson will be seen as less dangerous than some of the others so will be less likely to get any attention. Interesting to see how other teams will view this, still a real unknown
Thankyou for your thoughts champ! Appreciated.

View attachment 115298
I don't mind the Gibson pick, he'll go huge a bit. Might be a bit inconsistent for a D1, but you might get away with it if Newnes comes on and Fisher is back to his best.
I considered Hanneberry myself, but in the end I went with Wines. There a lot of other value picks around that price (griffin, Crouch, Swallow) that might be a better pick, but you've got to go with your gut. Will be a big POD and could well improve, he's certainly at that sort of age.
I'd go Hogan over Clark too FWIW

Job Security for Sheps is very, very good. He gives his absolute all and Simmo loves having him in the side. With Waters gone and Ellis injured for the start of the season, Shepherd would need to lose his place, rather than someone else taking it off him. If he can straighten up his kicking (and I've been a big critic of his kicking) then I think he can push 85-90 for the season.

Can see the pros of the Gibson pick with Frawley joining the hawks, but really he's on the wrong side of 30 played 14 games last season and averaged over 90 once in a season.
Not sure that the 160odd he got against us on the weekend is anything to go off either, our kicking inside 50 was deplorable, particularly early. I do feel like it'll be a good year for him though. Probably a better upgrade target though, he'll bottom or at some stage for far less than what he is already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back