Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well instead of spending 500k on a couple of defender premiums who are likely to average less then 100, if I spend 300 on a mid pricer and lose out on say 15-20 points, the money is used elsewhere to get better players who'd make up the difference easily.
I'm not very good at explaining it, and it's 100% not guaranteed to work. But unlike other years when we've had Goddard, Mitchell & McVeigh in the backline there's no one there this year.
Just by doing this my predicted score went up by over 100 to nearly 1900, and I have an extra 120,000 in the bank.

So where is Newnes in your side? D1, D2 or not at all?

Well instead of spending 500k on a couple of defender premiums who are likely to average less then 100, if I spend 300 on a mid pricer and lose out on say 15-20 points, the money is used elsewhere to get better players who'd make up the difference easily.
I'm not very good at explaining it, and it's 100% not guaranteed to work. But unlike other years when we've had Goddard, Mitchell & McVeigh in the backline there's no one there this year.
Just by doing this my predicted score went up by over 100 to nearly 1900, and I have an extra 120,000 in the bank.

Predicted score means diddly at this stage since afaik rookies get dud scores? They will likely score much higher than their price and bridge the gap..
How many real keepers, hopefuls and upgrades do you have in your team btw?

completely understand that but the flip side is that if your mud pricers don't work out then you may be needing to use more trades to complete your side. History shows that mid pricers seldomly work out. So imo 4 is too many in 1 line.

completely understand that but the flip side is that if your mud pricers don't work out then you may be needing to use more trades to complete your side. History shows that mid pricers seldomly work out. So imo 4 is too many in 1 line.

True but would you say there is more chance of them working out this year given the lack of options in the backline. If KK averaged 85 he would be a keeper and a success yes? Or does he need to break 90.

True but would you say there is more chance of them working out this year given the lack of options in the backline. If KK averaged 85 he would be a keeper and a success yes? Or does he need to break 90.
I wouldn't say that they are more likely to work out necessarily. More that the pass mark may not be as high. They'd still have to get to that 85-90 average, which still isn't all that common

I wouldn't say that they are more likely to work out necessarily. More that the pass mark may not be as high. They'd still have to get to that 85-90 average, which still isn't all that common

What about Jamie MacMillan? Not so much a mid-pricer @ $270k. What would he need to average to get to 400k? And what do you think he will average?

What about Jamie MacMillan? Not so much a mid-pricer @ $270k. What would he need to average to get to 400k? And what do you think he will average?
I don't know what he would need to average, but I would imagine he will average around 70 odd at the most. He's never really been a prolific ball winner.

Fair point, but at this stage I feel the mid price defenders have just as much chance of working out as the premise but will cost me a lot less.
I'm going with the money ball approach with the back line, it's by far the weakest line in supercoach this year so that's why I'm not really putting any top end talent in their.

Predicted score means diddly at this stage since afaik rookies get dud scores? They will likely score much higher than their price and bridge the gap..
How many real keepers, hopefuls and upgrades do you have in your team btw?
At this stage if everything goes to plan I have 14 keepers.
If I'm incredibly lucky it could be 16 or 17.

85 maybe a pass mark for d6 or bench cover. There will be more than 6 defenders that avg over 90.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Premo is 500 right.....so based on this there's only 4 Premo defenders. Now because of the current bleak situation with defenders shouldn't we be saying that the likes of Shaw, Gibson, Hodge, even down to Enright and Birchall are Premos this year or are they based primarily as mid prices......because as it is Shaw is the dearest I have at this stage!!

85 maybe a pass mark for d6 or bench cover. There will be more than 6 defenders that avg over 90.

No point bringing in a player that you expect to keep in the backline unless you think they will average 90. If you cant see them averaging 90, look elsewhere.

A Premo is 500 right.....so based on this there's only 4 Premo defenders. Now because of the current bleak situation with defenders shouldn't we be saying that the likes of Shaw, Gibson, Hodge, even down to Enright and Birchall are Premos this year or are they based primarily as mid prices......because as it is Shaw is the dearest I have at this stage!!
Imo a premo is 450k+ in the backline. My structure at the moment is 2/3/3

I think the absence of players like Mitchell and McVeigh has us all a bit spooked about the quality of the backs this year. There are plenty of the remaining options who have averaged 90-100 over the past couple of years. One of my favourite stats, which I calculate for every player, is the best average they have managed to sustain over any 10 game period in their past 40 games. It gives an indication of what a player is capable of when all goes well for them. No fewer than 18 of this years defenders have managed to average over 100 in that stat. Of course it's much harder to maintain that level over a full season, but surely enough of them can manage to average over 90. We really don't need to resort to picking defenders who have never averaged over 75 in their career and convincing ourselves there's a reason they will suddenly improve that to 85 and then settling for that.

I think the absence of players like Mitchell and McVeigh has us all a bit spooked about the quality of the backs this year. There are plenty of the remaining options who have averaged 90-100 over the past couple of years. One of my favourite stats, which I calculate for every player, is the best average they have managed to sustain over any 10 game period in their past 40 games. It gives an indication of what a player is capable of when all goes well for them. No fewer than 18 of this years defenders have managed to average over 100 in that stat. Of course it's much harder to maintain that level over a full season, but surely enough of them can manage to average over 90. We really don't need to resort to picking defenders who have never averaged over 75 in their career and convincing ourselves there's a reason they will suddenly improve that to 85 and then settling for that.
Surely you won't look at players who have averaged 100 over 10 games and convince yourself they'll do it over a full season.
Not having players like Mitchell, McVeigh ect is massive, everyone started with them because you KNEW they would average around 100. Not one defender this year is in that category.

Surely you won't look at players who have averaged 100 over 10 games and convince yourself they'll do it over a full season.
Not having players like Mitchell, McVeigh ect is massive, everyone started with them because you KNEW they would average around 100. Not one defender this year is in that category.
You've completely misrepresented what I wrote. Firstly I made the point that it was much harder to maintain such an average over a full season and said that what I expected was that a decent number of them would average over 90. Secondly I wasn't suggesting we KNOW that any of this years defenders will average over 100 ... clearly we don't. I simply made the point that there are enough defenders with records that suggest they will score 90+ that we don't have to invent reasons to select those who have never managed to top a 75 average before. Btw, who's the"etc"? And don't say Hanley because he was far from a guaranteed 100 before the season started.

You've completely misrepresented what I wrote. Firstly I made the point that it was much harder to maintain such an average over a full season and said that what I expected was that a decent number of them would average over 90. Secondly I wasn't suggesting we KNOW that any of this years defenders will average over 100 ... clearly we don't. I simply made the point that there are enough defenders with records that suggest they will score 90+ that we don't have to invent reasons to select those who have never managed to top a 75 average before. Btw, who's the"etc"? And don't say Hanley because he was far from a guaranteed 100 before the season started.
I'm saying we don't have the high scoring certainties like we have had in the past. Goddard, McVeigh, Mitchell, Scotland, Deledio

The people that didn't start with Mitchell and instead spent less on a Simpson or Malceski would have won out big time. Mitchell got injured early on and ended up averaging hardly a tick over 90. McVeigh also started out quite slowly and would have been a better option as a relatively early upgrade after shedding a fair amount of his starting price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back