Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on this team so far? I know my rucks are a little week. I still am thinking whitecross, Pearce, KK or geary in Defence at some point.

K.simpson, Smith, Hibberd, Newnes, Edwards, Maynard (Goddard, Saad)

Ablett, Fyfe, Sloane, Kennedy, Griffen, Anderson, Heeney, Boekhordt ( Vanfenberg, freeman, Dumont)

Leuenberger, Bellchambers (Cox)

Deledio, D.martin, Bennell, Swan, T.mithchell, Hogan (Krakouer Lambert)

Thoughts on this team so far? I know my rucks are a little week. I still am thinking whitecross, Pearce, KK or geary in Defence at some point.

K.simpson, Smith, Hibberd, Newnes, Edwards, Maynard (Goddard, Saad)

Ablett, Fyfe, Sloane, Kennedy, Griffen, Anderson, Heeney, Boekhordt ( Vanfenberg, freeman, Dumont)

Leuenberger, Bellchambers (Cox)

Deledio, D.martin, Bennell, Swan, T.mithchell, Hogan (Krakouer Lambert)

Isn't Deledio nursing an achilles injury?

Downgrade him to another fwd rookie and then upgrade your rucks.

Isn't Deledio nursing an achilles injury?

Downgrade him to another fwd rookie and then upgrade your rucks.
Deledio named this week NAB cup match, see how he goes :thumbsu:

my team. any thoughts or weaknesses would be appreciated.

def: burogoyne, shaw, hibberd, newnes, goddard, maynard (edwards, saad)
mids: ablett, pendlebury, fyfe, sloane, griffen, anderson, heeney, laverde (freeman, mckenzie, krakour)
rucks: goldstein, nic nat (cox)
forwards: bartel, martin, swan, mitchell, clark, hogan (daniel, lambert)

pretty happy with it considering i havent put alot of time into it this year

F5, D5, F6 & D6 are going to be a worry early, but will be some good cash cows by rounds 3 and 4. Any advice or opinion on the team?

p7YBSQa.jpg

my team. any thoughts or weaknesses would be appreciated.

def: burogoyne, shaw, hibberd, newnes, goddard, maynard (edwards, saad)
mids: ablett, pendlebury, fyfe, sloane, griffen, anderson, heeney, laverde (freeman, mckenzie, krakour)
rucks: goldstein, nic nat (cox)
forwards: bartel, martin, swan, mitchell, clark, hogan (daniel, lambert)

pretty happy with it considering i havent put alot of time into it this year
Very similar to mine so I like it. Just keep in mind you may not get 3 rookie defenders playing. Leave it as is at the moment but just have a bit of a back up plan

F5, D5, F6 & D6 are going to be a worry early, but will be some good cash cows by rounds 3 and 4. Any advice or opinion on the team?

p7YBSQa.jpg
Can promise you Durdin will not play early, if at all. Hasn't even played NAB. Hogan should be alright and Clark has kicked 3 in a half tonight. I'd consider trading Rich out to upgrade luey

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

My work has a comp going that I'm joining for the first time this year and there is over $1K up for grabs so I wouldn't mind being competitive, but it's been a while between supercoach seasons for me.

Wanting some honest feedback if at all possible!

upload_2015-3-12_21-21-33.png

Note: Pretty much all the rookies are subject to who is selected round one, so they are hardly locked in.

I was thinking of making cover for my ruckmen when there is a drop in price for a FWD/RUC DPP.

Just wondering if people think I have a decent mix of premium to rookies...or do I need more of one or the other. In the past I have tried to steer clear of mid priced players, but it's a bit hard to in the backline by the looks of things?

Love to get some opinions.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

My work has a comp going that I'm joining for the first time this year and there is over $1K up for grabs so I wouldn't mind being competitive, but it's been a while between supercoach seasons for me.

View attachment 115494

Note: Pretty much all the rookies are subject to who is selected round one, so they are hardly locked in.

I was thinking of making cover for my ruckmen when there is a drop in price for a FWD/RUC DPP.

Just wondering if people think I have a decent mix of premium to rookies...or do I need more of one or the other. In the past I have tried to steer clear of mid priced players, but it's a bit hard to in the backline by the looks of things?

Cheers
Newton, Cripps and Van Berlo all expensive rookies with standard rookie scoring ability. Cut them back to normal prices rookies, and upgrade to one mid premo/cheap premo like a Crouch/Wines.

Hi Guys,

View attachment 115494

Cheers
I reckon you're spending a bit much in your cheap mids. Maybe try trading a couple of the 200k guys for some cheaper rookies (freeman, Steele, Lambert) so you can upgrade one of your backs

I like the Bennell pick in the forward line. Shepp will score well 70-90 as long as Hurn is being tagged. Seems to be comfy now.
Maynard, Yohlman and McGiness I have to say I know 0% about!!!!!! Lonie I'm not sold on.
Out of curiosity, why aren't you sold on Lonie. Has looked extremely comfortable so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have $170,000 saved for changes. Really want Gray in but think I'll wait until round 4/5ish. NicNat my only worry. This side is projected for nearly 1900 :)
View attachment 115508
i'd be using some of that 170k to lock in a few more premo defenders. all good to take the punt on a couple but 4 is too much imo

I have 80k left over so I'm open for suggestions on changes cos i have some money fwd line is my only real worry also Giles I'm not sure about either.

upload_2015-3-12_23-21-13.png

i'd be using some of that 170k to lock in a few more premo defenders. all good to take the punt on a couple but 4 is too much imo
Incorrect. Not a fan of the premo defenders this year. I've worked out math and it's going to be better to have more starting premo mids for the money they're all worth.

Incorrect. Not a fan of the premo defenders this year. I've worked out math and it's going to be better to have more starting premo mids for the money they're all worth.
May I ask how you worked this out? Better low priced options such as swallow, steven or?

I have 80k left over so I'm open for suggestions on changes cos i have some money fwd line is my only real worry also Giles I'm not sure about either.

View attachment 115550
I'm not sure i like Cockatoo at that price. If you downgrade Cockatoo to a 123k odd rookie you should be able to trade Giles to someone like Nic Nat or Maric. I'm not a fan of Saad either, ii reckon Hogan has better job security

I'd be keen to know how you worked that out as well. The main thing I'm thinking about is how many of the mid pricers def will be top 10 in their position and trades required to get the top. I guess if you think you'll have enough trades to finish your team then go for it. Could work out great as they all have the potential to avg 90+.

I'd be keen to know how you worked that out as well. The main thing I'm thinking about is how many of the mid pricers def will be top 10 in their position and trades required to get the top. I guess if you think you'll have enough trades to finish your team then go for it. Could work out great as they all have the potential to avg 90+.
Well instead of spending 500k on a couple of defender premiums who are likely to average less then 100, if I spend 300 on a mid pricer and lose out on say 15-20 points, the money is used elsewhere to get better players who'd make up the difference easily.
I'm not very good at explaining it, and it's 100% not guaranteed to work. But unlike other years when we've had Goddard, Mitchell & McVeigh in the backline there's no one there this year.
Just by doing this my predicted score went up by over 100 to nearly 1900, and I have an extra 120,000 in the bank.

Well instead of spending 500k on a couple of defender premiums who are likely to average less then 100, if I spend 300 on a mid pricer and lose out on say 15-20 points, the money is used elsewhere to get better players who'd make up the difference easily.
I'm not very good at explaining it, and it's 100% not guaranteed to work. But unlike other years when we've had Goddard, Mitchell & McVeigh in the backline there's no one there this year.
Just by doing this my predicted score went up by over 100 to nearly 1900, and I have an extra 120,000 in the bank.
Makes sense to me.

I've adopted a similar strategy with my defence aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back