Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Treloar, Griffen, Rook, Rook.

Still playing around with structure though, might need to cut back to 5 premo's to sure up my backline.

No rocky or Jelwood?

Current team. I'm strongly leaning towards this structure. Not confident on any back rookies. Will be on Essendon/Ablett/Naitanui/Rookie watch over the next couple of weeks.

Backs: K.Simpson, H.Shaw, L.Hodge, M.Hibberd, J.Kelly, J.Newnes (Hamling, Goddard)

Mids: S.Pendlebury, N.Fyfe, C.Ward, L.Parker, J.Watson, J.Anderson, B.Boekhorst, A.Vandenberg (Ellis-Yoleman, Krakouer, Lambert)

Rucks: T.Goldstein, N.Naitanui (Cox)

Forwards: D.Martin, D.Swan, C.Salem, M.Clark, J.Hogan, J.Steele (R.Tarrant, Lonie)

ok here's where im at for now with 60k left in the kitty

View attachment 116618

i need to do something with D5 but im not sure what
also assuming that Krak will be upgraded and start

in case of an emergency...
Hibberd becomes Heater
Gaz becomes Pendles
Nic Nat becomes either Lycett or McEvoy

Having both GAJ & Rocky really does compromise the rest of your team. I just don't think for team balance that it's a good idea to start with two 700k+ players, especially when you have two 650k players in Selwood & Fyfe as well. Personally, I'd downgrade one of Rocky or GAJ to a Griffen/Swallow/Crouch/Steven/SMitchell to start with and use the 200k+ to upgrade White to a solid 95ppg Def premo like Simpson.

Having both GAJ & Rocky really does compromise the rest of your team. I just don't think for team balance that it's a good idea to start with two 700k+ players, especially when you have two 650k players in Selwood & Fyfe as well. Personally, I'd downgrade one of Rocky or GAJ to a Griffen/Swallow/Crouch/Steven/SMitchell to start with and use the 200k+ to upgrade White to a solid 95ppg Def premo like Simpson.
Rocky is a risk i know and im almost definitely paying overs for him but i want him in the side. that and im not convinced i'll want any of the mids you mentioned in my final 8. i had been toying with the idea of Crouch, Wines or Griffen but i just couldnt convince myself to pick any of them.

Of the bunch i like Crouch the best and my backline certainly looks a lot more stable with Simpson there but i've got this idea in my head that midfield is where the big points come from, so its not such a terrible idea to overspend there and make sacrifices elsewhere

If i trade GAJ to Pendles i can get Adcock in at D5 which im now considering regardless of injury status.

its all food for thought anyway. thanks for the suggestions

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426630543.573055.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426630558.072271.jpg

Completely changed my team structure with the hearing Ablett might not play, found a way to play with only 7 possible upgrades pending injuries, I know there are a few midpricers but what are people's thoughts?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

^^ Not a bad team, just not sure I like your POD's. Better value at Broadbents price (KK, Higgins), and I just don't see Cameron as a consistent scorer. Your mids could pay off, I quite like that line. TBC will make you 100k max i'd say, prefer the set and forget ruck set up.

Here is my team. No Ablett makes me uncomfortable, but it seems like it might be necessary. Have risked Higgins, willing to cop a sideways trade if he gets injured, as if he doesn't I think he's a lock for top 10 defenders this season. I've got 130K in the bank to wriggle with. Haven't considered bye rounds at all. PLEASE let me know of any glaring holes, or any other advise y'all might have!

ALsXzrX.png

^^ Not a bad team, just not sure I like your POD's. Better value at Broadbents price (KK, Higgins), and I just don't see Cameron as a consistent scorer. Your mids could pay off, I quite like that line. TBC will make you 100k max i'd say, prefer the set and forget ruck set up.

Here is my team. No Ablett makes me uncomfortable, but it seems like it might be necessary. Have risked Higgins, willing to cop a sideways trade if he gets injured, as if he doesn't I think he's a lock for top 10 defenders this season. I've got 130K in the bank to wriggle with. Haven't considered bye rounds at all. PLEASE let me know of any glaring holes, or any other advise y'all might have!

ALsXzrX.png

Kozivan,

Up for a BF Saints SC league this year?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...f1-sc-div3-invites-sent-sc-div4-soon.1085416/

What's with everyone choosing Higgins? Haven't you'll been burnt enough by him in previous years to learn by now?
He has only changed jumpers not found a miracle cure too be consistent.

He played 20 games last year, nearly averaged 80, and is fitter than he has ever been. I've actually never been burned by the kid, as last year was the only time I selected him, and he more than did his job. There is always the chance he could snap this year, all limbs breaking, every muscle torn, but it's a risk i'm taking. He's ready to go.

What's with everyone choosing Higgins? Haven't you'll been burnt enough by him in previous years to learn by now?
He has only changed jumpers not found a miracle cure too be consistent.
I really think he's got to thrive at a new, stronger team. Obviously he still may get injured but he's had a very good, full pre season and last year he was uninjured all year. A risk without a doubt, but the sort of one that potential will set you apart from the pack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sc15.png

Went to bed last night pretty set on the team.
Now im questioning my backline, i may switch up ibbotson for Mckenzie.
No Ablett pending him not playing round 1 if the little master is playing he will be worked into my team.

View attachment 116691View attachment 116692

Completely changed my team structure with the hearing Ablett might not play, found a way to play with only 7 possible upgrades pending injuries, I know there are a few midpricers but what are people's thoughts?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Cameron is the only player I really don't like. I assume TBC and Broadbent are calculated risks you've made and thought about, and really they have the potential to work out for you. I don't think cameron will though, maybe have a look a Walters. Ideally, if you had another 100k or so you could upgrade him to a Titch or Bonts, otherwise have a look at Walters who is about 350k off the top of my head. There is plenty of value in forward rookies like lonie and lamb as well if you were interested in trading him to a rookie

Is anyone else just struggling to find a team that they're happy with? I can't remember a year where picking a team was so hard.

M9nAKOX.png

That's my team atm, and I'm not happy with it at all. The defenders/rucks are really messing with my head this year.

SC.jpg My first preseason attempt .. I'm not 100% convinced in many areas particularly Ruck & Forward. I would appreciate peoples feedback. Cheers. $18,100 left in the kitty.

View attachment 116755 My first preseason attempt .. I'm not 100% convinced in many areas particularly Ruck & Forward. I would appreciate peoples feedback. Cheers. $18,100 left in the kitty.
You're spending a lot in the backline. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you wanted to improve your rucks and forwards that's where the money will come from. I personally don't mind your forwards, a lot of people seem to have gone for 5 rookies there. If I was going to change anything, I'd try and upgrade TBC to someone like NN or Maric, or even Goldstien if you can find enough money. The money would come from downgrading one of your backs to a mid priced option. There have been a few spoken about, but some of the most popular options seem to be guys like KK, Ibbotson and Henderson from the Crows

You're spending a lot in the backline. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you wanted to improve your rucks and forwards that's where the money will come from. I personally don't mind your forwards, a lot of people seem to have gone for 5 rookies there. If I was going to change anything, I'd try and upgrade TBC to someone like NN or Maric, or even Goldstien if you can find enough money. The money would come from downgrading one of your backs to a mid priced option. There have been a few spoken about, but some of the most popular options seem to be guys like KK, Ibbotson and Henderson from the Crows

Awesome! thanks for the feedback. I'll make a few changes and re-post.

Is anyone else just struggling to find a team that they're happy with? I can't remember a year where picking a team was so hard.

M9nAKOX.png

That's my team atm, and I'm not happy with it at all. The defenders/rucks are really messing with my head this year.

i've been pretty settled on my team for almost a week now so think i'll be sitting tight till rd 1 teams. fwiw my team is about 4-5 players difference from yours

How long is GAJ out for? Might just put him on the bench.
No one really knows. All we do know is that he was meant to play this week but now he isn't due to the shoulder, and that he is apparently in doubt for round 1

M9nAKOX.png

Scary same
except buddy became swan
gray fwd
500k mid to select crouch or a swallow or neale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back