Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moved over for my first season on Supercoach from Dream team, so unsure exactly how this team looks. Advice welcome!

B: Smith, Hodge, Ibbotson, Rohan, Edwards, Hamling (Goddard, Saad)

M: Fyfe, Beams, Lewis, Dangerfield, Wines, Martin, Newton, Anderson (Vandenberg, Laverde, Freeman)

R: Goldstein, Lobbe (Naismith)

F: Gray, Deledio, Zorko, Clarke, Saad, Steele (Krakeour, Lambert)
Has Ahmed Saad been elevated? Lambert? Keep this in mind.

Daniel Wells is only 361K. Injury obvously, I wonder why he isn't appearing in too many teams. Ill have to have a look at him. What are your thoughts on him Lums please? :)
Wouldn't go him myself, but I'd take him ahead of Rich, he has a much better record. Can be a little injury prone, but the foot injury last year was a freak thing. He's had a huge pre season and should average 90-100 imo

This is a massive supercoach misconception, which really has no substantial bearing on your season.

Please enlighten me then, I was under the impression we should be trying to get initial starters & keepers who will be hopefully amongst the top scorers* on each line?

Happy to take out Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Simpson, Goldstein, Gray, Swan, Bartel & others from my starting line-up, if you feel there's a better way?

o_O

Can I ask why you wouldn't go him if he's had a huge preseason and you think he'll average 90-100?
Can't fit him in. Pretty sold on my current structure. I would only bring him in for one of my rookies as I like my premos, and I can't easily find another 200k. Even if he was to average 100, I would still need/want to trade him to a premo at some stage.

This is a massive supercoach misconception, which really has no substantial bearing on your season.

Not it isn't. It's completely logical. Pick players who will finish in the top 6 of their position (8 for mids, 2 for rucks) as best as you can. Those who finish top of their position will finish there because they average the highest points. Averaging a high amount = lots of points.

How is this a misconception?

View attachment 116481
I'm reasonably happy with this team. My main POD is having only 4 midfield premiums and Trent McKenzie in the back line. Any thoughts?
Great side. 15 potential keepers. Any cash left? I've considered a 4 premo midfield, but I'd upgrade Wines if doing so.

I just don't get the love for Ollie Wines.

I can't see him being top 10 mid by the end of the year.

He averaged 100 in his second season which is great, but I just can't see him lifting this to the 110-115+ that most people will need from a 500k+ mid. So what will you all do if he averages around 100 for the first 8 or 10 rounds? Trade him? Keep him? It's a dilemna!

My advice?
Spend more and start with the big guns.
Or spend only a little more and grab Watson/Dangerfield/Gibbs etc.
Or grab Griffen who is cheaper.

The young gun I tip to go big? Adam Treloar. Averaged 108 in his third year. He's ready to jump to a 115 average.

*All of the above is merely my opinion, and yours may vary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great side. 15 potential keepers. Any cash left? I've considered a 4 premo midfield, but I'd upgrade Wines if doing so.
Cheers. Only $1,200 left unfortunately. I'd prefer Pendlebury (or similar), to Wines but I'm confident that he'll be a keeper all the same.

He averaged 100 in his second season which is great, but I just can't see him lifting this to the 110-115+ that most people will need from a 500k+ mid. So what will you all do if he averages around 100 for the first 8 or 10 rounds? Trade him? Keep him? It's a dilemna!

My advice?

The young gun I tip to go big? Adam Treloar. Averaged 108 in his third year. He's ready to jump to a 115 average.

I agree with you with regards to Wines however I reckon one you haven't mentioned who can really give 110 ppg a shake is Crouch, his numbers from late last season indicate a player that can rack up plenty of possessions consistently from week to week and 100+ scores in consecutive weeks, also he doesn't go too low either when he does go sub 100 and all based on an injury interrupted season.

I agree with you with regards to Wines however I reckon one you haven't mentioned who can really give 110 ppg a shake is Crouch, his numbers from late last season indicate a player that can rack up plenty of possessions consistently from week to week and 100+ scores in consecutive weeks, also he doesn't go too low either when he does go sub 100 and all based on an injury interrupted season.

I do like the look of Crouch, but I'm just not willing to risk 500k+ on somebody who will potentially average 110+.
Kudos to you and to those who take the risk, if you get paid off.

Me? I'm gonna go for proven premos in the midfield, and leave any risks down back and up forward.

ok here's where im at for now with 60k left in the kitty

View attachment 116618

i need to do something with D5 but im not sure what
also assuming that Krak will be upgraded and start

in case of an emergency...
Hibberd becomes Heater
Gaz becomes Pendles
Nic Nat becomes either Lycett or McEvoy
First team I've ever seen from any year with Simon White.

First team I've ever seen from any year with Simon White.
he's no certain starter but nothing else between $290 - $350k really appeals to me at this stage. ideally i'd like to make him a rookie but thats not gonna happen

if im forced to swap Gaz that will free up some more cash

ok here's where im at for now with 60k left in the kitty

View attachment 116618

i need to do something with D5 but im not sure what
also assuming that Krak will be upgraded and start

in case of an emergency...
Hibberd becomes Heater
Gaz becomes Pendles
Nic Nat becomes either Lycett or McEvoy

Newton to bratwurst
white to a 400k+ def

My advice?

Thoughts on starting with both Treloar & Griffen? something I've been considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back