Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Not a bad team, just not sure I like your POD's. Better value at Broadbents price (KK, Higgins), and I just don't see Cameron as a consistent scorer. Your mids could pay off, I quite like that line. TBC will make you 100k max i'd say, prefer the set and forget ruck set up.

Here is my team. No Ablett makes me uncomfortable, but it seems like it might be necessary. Have risked Higgins, willing to cop a sideways trade if he gets injured, as if he doesn't I think he's a lock for top 10 defenders this season. I've got 130K in the bank to wriggle with. Haven't considered bye rounds at all. PLEASE let me know of any glaring holes, or any other advise y'all might have!

ALsXzrX.png

I'd drop one of Bennell or Walters to make more room for another forward rookie and trade a defensive rookie for a defensive premo. 5 defensive premos might be too many but I think you'll gain more in moneymaking capacity for similar output in the early rounds. I'd also get one of the 210K midfield cheapos in, I expect this will pay off in better j/s and a slightly higher average than some of your 120k mids.

I'm starting to feel concerned about how unsettled I am with my team... Also not liking the Ablett in doubt for R1 rumours.

OPTION 1
DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Burgoyne, Ibbo, KK, Goddard (Brown, Saad) STRONGER...
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Hogan, Clark (Laverde, Lonie) WEAKER...

OPTION 2
DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Pittard, Ibbo, KK, Goddard (Brown, Saad) WEAKER...
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, TMitch, Hogan, Clark (Laverde, Lonie) STRONGER...

Also, what are everyones thoughts on Burgoyne & Shaw as defensive premos?

I personally rate them both for consistency and both usually play most games, very solid options compared to your Smith's & Newnes types who are unknowns still IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.04.57 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.04.57 pm.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.04.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.04.12 pm.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
I'm starting to feel concerned about how unsettled I am with my team... Also not liking the Ablett in doubt for R1 rumours.

OPTION 1
DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Burgoyne, Ibbo, KK, Goddard (Brown, Saad) STRONGER...
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Hogan, Clark (Laverde, Lonie) WEAKER...

OPTION 2
DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Pittard, Ibbo, KK, Goddard (Brown, Saad) WEAKER...
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, TMitch, Hogan, Clark (Laverde, Lonie) STRONGER...

Also, what are everyones thoughts on Burgoyne & Shaw as defensive premos?

I personally rate them both for consistency and both usually play most games, very solid options compared to your Smith's & Newnes types who are unknowns still IMO.

I think I will be going with the Option 1 structure. Salem/Hogan/Clark all look to have solid enough JS to warrant a spot on the field, can't say the same for any backline rookies and arguably any mid rookies either. I'm not a big fan of Burgoyne or Shaw though but that's just personal preference. Shaw misses games and the 3 years prior to last year Burgoyne averaged 85, 82, 79. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop back to that this year.

I think I will be going with the Option 1 structure. Salem/Hogan/Clark all look to have solid enough JS to warrant a spot on the field, can't say the same for any backline rookies and arguably any mid rookies either. I'm not a big fan of Burgoyne or Shaw though but that's just personal preference. Shaw misses games and the 3 years prior to last year Burgoyne averaged 85, 82, 79. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop back to that this year.
Thanks mate... Exactly my thinking about stronger back line.

I can't decide on the premo's though. Shaw looks fit and ready to rumble this pre-season, Burgoyne you're probably right...
What premo's do you like excluding Malceski?

Thanks mate... Exactly my thinking about stronger back line.

I can't decide on the premo's though. Shaw looks fit and ready to rumble this pre-season, Burgoyne you're probably right...
What premo's do you like excluding Malceski?

I'm having the same trouble as you, I'm finding it hard to settle on which premo's to start with as none really jump out at me as great options. Jaensch has been my D1 for most of pre-season, apart from his few injury scores of 38 he was pretty consistent all season. Being that 2014 was the first time he has played all 22 games in a season I expect him to improve again now that he is settled in his role. Harry Taylor another that I'm strongly considering, averaged 94 in 2013 and judging by his NAB performances and looking at the work he did in the pre-season I think he can get back to that this year. Shaw is a good option, still might start with him but want to have decent rookies seeing as he will likely miss a game here or there.

I'm having the same trouble as you, I'm finding it hard to settle on which premo's to start with as none really jump out at me as great options. Jaensch has been my D1 for most of pre-season, apart from his few injury scores of 38 he was pretty consistent all season. Being that 2014 was the first time he has played all 22 games in a season I expect him to improve again now that he is settled in his role. Harry Taylor another that I'm strongly considering, averaged 94 in 2013 and judging by his NAB performances and looking at the work he did in the pre-season I think he can get back to that this year. Shaw is a good option, still might start with him but want to have decent rookies seeing as he will likely miss a game here or there.
Sorry but you having Jaensch as D1 and saying that he barely ever plays 22 games...but then putting down H.Shaw & Burgoyne is ridiculous.
Both much more premium that Jaensch and more reliable. Taylor more inconsistent than H Shaw & Burgoyne as well...

Sorry but you having Jaensch as D1 and saying that he barely ever plays 22 games...but then putting down H.Shaw & Burgoyne is ridiculous.
Both much more premium that Jaensch and more reliable. Taylor more inconsistent than H Shaw & Burgoyne as well...

I think you misunderstood my comments about Jaensch. His first season of 22 games because it was his breakout season. He didn't miss games in previous seasons because of injuries or suspensions just wasn't ready for a permanent role in the side. Now he has established himself I expect him to improve his scoring and consistency so he has more upside than the other two.

Taylor May be slightly more inconsistent than the other two but he averaged 94 in 2013, Burgoyne averaged low 80's from 2011-2013, could fall back to that. Taylor also cheaper.

I think you misunderstood my comments about Jaensch. His first season of 22 games because it was his breakout season. He didn't miss games in previous seasons because of injuries or suspensions just wasn't ready for a permanent role in the side.
Right, got you. Still would personally much rather Shaw & Burgoyne.

Burgoyne is ultra reliable, Shaw looks fit and firing and will be ultra important for the developing Giants off HB.

Right, got you. Still would personally much rather Shaw & Burgoyne.

Burgoyne is ultra reliable, Shaw looks fit and firing and will be ultra important for the developing Giants off HB.

Like I said I think Shaw is a good option, still might start with him.

Burgoyne's previous history of 78, 82, 85 in the 3 years prior is what worries me. I think he was able to score better last year due to all of hawthorns injuries, I can't see him improvin

Like I said I think Shaw is a good option, still might start with him.

Burgoyne's previous history of 78, 82, 85 in the 3 years prior is what worries me. I think he was able to score better last year due to all of hawthorns injuries, I can't see him improvin
He has improved every year, not sure where your logic is.. I get his ageing, but Clarko said this is his best pre-season to date at Hawks.

He has improved every year, not sure where your logic is.. I get his ageing, but Clarko said this is his best pre-season to date at Hawks.

78-82-85 is pretty low rate of improvement, more of a trend in my opinion. He's also 32 so he could be managed if the Hawks stay healthy. Scores too many 70's, I think there are better options.

78-82-85 is pretty low rate of improvement, more of a trend in my opinion. He's also 32 so he could be managed if the Hawks stay healthy. Scores too many 70's, I think there are better options.
His durability is incredible and they didn't really rest him last year... Backing him in! Time will tell.

"He seems to get better with age."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On further research Shaw will most likely be my D1. Still rate Jaensch ahead of Burgoyne at D2 though, yep time will tell - could go either way good luck!
You too legend!

EDIT: Had Smith (ADE) as a premo def but am still not absolutely convinced after 1 years he will be top 10 again. May be stupid judgement picking Burgoyne over him.. TBC.

decided the no gaz idea
Not sure whether to go Griffen, wines, crouch or Montagna
Only got $7k left
Thoughts would be good :) I appreciate any negative comments

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2
Defenders - Smith, Shaw, Enright, Maynard, Goddard, Viojo-rainbow
(O McDonald, N Newman)

Mids - Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Ward, Dangerfield, Rich, Boekhorst, Lambert
(Krakouer, Freeman, C Smith)

Rucks - Naitanui, Leuenberger
(Cox)

Forwards - Deledio, Goddard, Swan, Zielbell, Wingard, Clark
(Hogan, Lonie)

Thoughts guys? This is my team before NAB cup. Any changes? Rucks are my main worry. Not to concerned about my backs. Can chop and change rookies. Maybe Enright in the Hib. Loving my mids and forwards ATM

Scary same
except buddy became swan
gray fwd
500k mid to select crouch or a swallow or neale
And are you happy with your team? I just feel like I'm missing something.

Is anyone else just struggling to find a team that they're happy with? I can't remember a year where picking a team was so hard.

M9nAKOX.png

That's my team atm, and I'm not happy with it at all. The defenders/rucks are really messing with my head this year.

I believe I've found the right balance in my team (won't post it prior to Rnd 1). The GAJ dilemma will be a big question, he's in my Rd 1 side for now, as is NicNat. I don't like Mumford's body so I've gone with Goldy as my R1. I've gone with 3 starting rookie forwards and just the 1 starting rookie defender. Got 15 keepers too if you include Griffen, Ibbo and Swan.

His 2014 pre season was his first full pre season at the club.....knee and ankle injuries had the better of him, just saying.......

Last edited:
I believe I've found the right balance in my team (won't post it prior to Rnd 1). The GAJ dilemma will be a big question, he's in my Rd 1 side for now, as is NicNat. I don't like Mumford's body so I've gone with Goldy as my R1. I've gone with 3 starting rookie forwards and just the 1 starting rookie defender. Got 15 keepers too if you include Griffen, Ibbo and Swan.

Other than 2013 when he played 23 games, Ibbotson hasn't played a full season in the past 5 years. He missed half of 2013 and half of 2014. He is more of an injury risk than Higgins, who gets lambasted from pillar to post. Yet I don't hear anyone talking about Ibbotson's injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back