def- simpson, hibberd, higgins, macmillan, whiteX, brown, rookie, rookie
mid- ablett, selwood, barlow, cotchin, swallow(a), nvb, rookie x5
ruck- ivan, nicnat, rookie
for- boomer, bartel, dartin, swan, clarke, saad, hogan, rookie

think im getting closer to something i like. have at it peeps

Needs more kangas.
wheres goldy

Like it

I'd personally swap Danger and Swallow to Wines and Tmit and turn Minson into Goldy

Hmm 2 downgrades for 1 slight upgrade? I honestly think whatever difference in average between Minson & Goldy will be negligible, certainly not worth an extra 75k

Swallow should go back to a 110+ average this year, Tmit who knows if he's even going to be a regular let alone what role he'll play..

Hmm 2 downgrades for 1 slight upgrade? I honestly think whatever difference in average between Minson & Goldy will be negligible, certainly not worth an extra 75k

Swallow should go back to a 110+ average this year, Tmit who knows if he's even going to be a regular let alone what role he'll play..

Fair points bud

FWIW i see Danger stagnating before he heads to the Cats
I see Wines reaching 115 as a minimum
I see Goldy as the best single ruck in the game and Kangas back up options are all crippled at present
Tmit has been discussed to death but I see him as best 22 and a lock for 100+ average, he simply gets that much of the pill

ASwallow reminds me of Cotchin, has all the makings of a SC gun but keeps putting team 1st in his game play, seriously WTF is he thinking:D

but he could go 110+ as you said

BCrouch is the other one around that range I'm interested in and watching intently during Nab

Fair points bud

I see Goldy as the best single ruck in the game and Kangas back up options are all crippled at present
Tmit has been discussed to death but I see him as best 22 and a lock for 100+ average, he simply gets that much of the pill

ASwallow reminds me of Cotchin, has all the makings of a SC gun but keeps putting team 1st in his game play, seriously WTF is he thinking:D

BCrouch is the other one around that range I'm interested in and watching intently during Nab

Yeh, Crouch has been in and out of my team as well. Will be an SP sooner or later, but will it be 'this' year?

Swallow in 2011 & 2012 when he played 22 game seasons averaged 24 possies and 6+ tackles both years. Really, if he can get his numbers back to that, which he should with a solid pre-season he's a safe bet for 110+ even being a team player like you said. Last 2 years have been injury & fitness affected so I'm paying no attention to recent SC averages.

Danger, I feel will do the opposite to guys who are in the last year at their club & average 120+ this year. Just a gut feel, that he will have a career best season and drive up his price even more.

Yeh, Crouch has been in and out of my team as well. Will be an SP sooner or later, but will it be 'this' year?

Swallow in 2011 & 2012 when he played 22 game seasons averaged 24 possies and 6+ tackles both years. Really, if he can get his numbers back to that, which he should with a solid pre-season he's a safe bet for 110+ even being a team player like you said. Last 2 years have been injury & fitness affected so I'm paying no attention to recent SC averages.

Danger, I feel will do the opposite to guys who are in the last year at their club & average 120+ this year. Just a gut feel, that he will have a career best season and drive up his price even more.

Agree with everything above.

Dangerfield is a competitive beast, he will see every possession as a dollar sign.. only issue is, how will the coach play him if he feels he is gone?

Fair points bud

115 minimum for Wines? Thats some long odds there.

This is what i have at the moment..
Will be going with Ibbotson/Henderson at D4.
Obviously Whitecross is pending Round 1 Selection.

Pretty happy with the Midfield.

Rucks well, no coverage is a concern.. not sure on the strategy here yet.

Forward line, will def be taking a punt on either Bennell or Mitchell, unsure i will gamble on both yet.

upload_2015-2-19_12-28-24.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

115 minimum for Wines? Thats some long odds there.

I think Wines is a jet,

photos and videos of him in pre-season are insane

he has thighs bigger than my gut and I'm a fat campaigner (well kinda but you get my point)

Dangerfield is a competitive beast, he will see every possession as a dollar sign.. only issue is, how will the coach play him if he feels he is gone?

Danger will get 7 figures at Geelong even if he stands in the back pocket watching the sun and moon for 22 games.

he will command 7 million over 6 years or something insane

New coach's main concern will be to win enough games to make the finals. Danger is his best player. He'll play in the midfield all year if he's not carrying any niggles. Adelaide have good forwards, you'd only play Danger forward if he can't run out a whole game or if your best forwards are injured.

Danger will get 7 figures at Geelong even if he stands in the back pocket watching the sun and moon for 22 games.

I'm calling 9 mill over 7 years

There is no way he will get that at Geelong. They will not pay that price for anyone, because it doesn't fit into the team culture. Selwood is on just over half that.

He will get somewhere in the vicinity of 700-800K at most, anything more would be a slap in the face to the rest of the players who took pay cuts to stay.

The reason Geelong is the front runner is because he is from Geelong, and the idea that he will take a slight pay cut in comparison to other teams offers in order to be back closer to his family.

I think Wines is a jet,

photos and videos of him in pre-season are insane

he has thighs bigger than my gut and I'm a fat campaigner (well kinda but you get my point)

You know who else was a prized recruit with huge thighs?

This guy! Look at those bad boys, they look like they are about to consume his knee caps.

520341-karmichael-hunt.jpg

There is no way he will get that at Geelong. They will not pay that price for anyone, because it doesn't fit into the team culture. Selwood is on just over half that.

He will get somewhere in the vicinity of 700-800K at most, anything more would be a slap in the face to the rest of the players who took pay cuts to stay.

The reason Geelong is the front runner is because he is from Geelong, and the idea that he will take a slight pay cut in comparison to other teams offers in order to be back closer to his family.

No way he will sign for 700-800k FFS Daisy is on that money. He's not going to accept 300-500k unders to be a few km's closer to his rellies. Geelong is practically a Melbourne suburb these days.

Don't geelong have a few guys coming towards the ends of their careers? Enright, Kelly, Bartel...won't be around in a year or 2. Franchise players don't come along every day. Judd got 1.1 mill per year over 5years and that was like 8 years years ago now.

What role does MacMillan play for the Roos? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a lockdown small defender who will average 65-70 tops.
Tossing between him & Clancee for my D5 spot.

Averaged 72 in 2013 & played 22 games - a lot of 70-90 scores though.

I like him as a D5 personally.

I'll take 70-90 from a 270k defender.

No way he will sign for 700-800k FFS Daisy is on that money. He's not going to accept 300-500k unders to be a few km's closer to his rellies. Geelong is practically a Melbourne suburb these days.

Don't geelong have a few guys coming towards the ends of their careers? Enright, Kelly, Bartel...won't be around in a year or 2. Franchise players don't come along every day. Judd got 1.1 mill per year over 5years and that was like 8 years years ago now.

I'm not saying Geelong wont be in a position to afford it, or that he couldn't get it elsewhere, but half of Geelongs list for the better part of the decade has been paid under their market value.

They accepted this because it meant they could be successful as a team.

If Geelong go and lure Dangerfield to the club for 1 mill, they are going to piss a lot of current players off, players who accepted smaller contracts to stay with the club and to find success.

This pretty much sums it up:

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...-to-geelong-cats/story-fnjuhrxq-1227191254377

rightio
ive done a kanga cull.

def- simpson, hibberd, Vlast, macmillan, whiteX, brown, rookie, rookie
mid- ablett, selwood, barlow, cotchin, swallow(a), nvb, rich rookie x4
ruck- ivan, nicnat, rookie
for- titch, goddard, dartin, swan, clarke, saad, hogan, rookie

ins
vlast, rich, titch, goddard

Outs
higgins, rookie, boomer, bartel

This is what i have at the moment..
Will be going with Ibbotson/Henderson at D4.
Obviously Whitecross is pending Round 1 Selection.

Pretty happy with the Midfield.

Rucks well, no coverage is a concern.. not sure on the strategy here yet.

Forward line, will def be taking a punt on either Bennell or Mitchell, unsure i will gamble on both yet.

View attachment 110437
I'm seeing Edwards in many teams. If you're picking him under the assumption that bans are coming, fine, but I think that's the only way that he'll get regular games. Definitely has heaps of potential, but he's not even best 25, let alone 22. Has been playing forward in some match sims, so a glut of injuries at either end of the ground might see him in, but I don't expect him to hold his place for long, bans notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back