Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main one for Burgoyne (tossing between him and Gibson) is that Gibson will become a rebounding defender with the arrival of Frawley so Burgoyne will cop a little less attention from defensive forwards.
Malceski is priced at what he scored last year, it is difficult to be over or under priced unless they miss most of a season, also being at GC he will get more of the ball in defence than he did at the Swans and he will be the main rebounder whereas at Sydney he had to contend with Mcveigh, Shaw and Rampe as well as later with Rohan. Also Christensen has finished his apprenticeship at Geelong and is ready to move psat 70-75% gametime to a fully fledged midfield rotation at a club that needs high quality midfielders a little more than Geelong where he will get a bit more responsibility (hopefully)...
IMO Petracca was the best player in this year's draft and looks set to pull an Ollie Wines, built like a brick sh*ithouse, explosive like dangerfield, good overhead mark, great vision and flexible in his rotation.
Although I have considered dropping him for say hogan and bringing in a super premo for christensen as well, still deciding, early days.

I'd be wary of getting a 32 year old for 500k. Malceski is overpriced IMO in regards to him needing to average the same as he did last year to hold value. He's also 30+. I wouldn't pay 566k for Eski when I can go cheap in defence and get a Deledio/Prestia/Watson/Danger for a similar price.

Christensen will probably improve, yes. But he's your M4, and to be a top 10 mid needs to average 110+ which I can't see him doing. He's also an awkward price so he won't make you much money.

I'd be wary of getting a 32 year old for 500k. Malceski is overpriced IMO in regards to him needing to average the same as he did last year to hold value. He's also 30+. I wouldn't pay 566k for Eski when I can go cheap in defence and get a Deledio/Prestia/Watson/Danger for a similar price.

Christensen will probably improve, yes. But he's your M4, and to be a top 10 mid needs to average 110+ which I can't see him doing. He's also an awkward price so he won't make you much money.
This is true...
I still have 170k left over so I could bring in anyone except Rockliff, but I kinda think Christensen will go close to the 110+, time will tell, I will be watching Brisbane training and nab games closely to see how he goes

This is true...
I still have 170k left over so I could bring in anyone except Rockliff, but I kinda think Christensen will go close to the 110+, time will tell, I will be watching Brisbane training and nab games closely to see how he goes

I'd go with one of Motlop/Christensen in the forward line and upgrade the other to an elite mid. As you said, nab will tell us a lot more.

I quite like that you have 3 premos in def, although I use the word "premo" loosely. However, i think you could get someone who will perform similarly to K, Kolodjashnij for a much cheaper price, example Brendan Whitecross, just a note and I know rookies are only temporary but scharenberg is injured and likely won't play until halfway through the year so if you are already debating over rookies as I am, you should probably take him out of your calculations.

Next I know you have a HUGE crush on Murphy but again there are better options for a similar or cheaper price think Travis Boak, Toby Greene, Ryan Griffen, or for an even cheaper option Allen Christensen/Jack Steven. Other than that I quite like all your rookie mid picks and they are currently very similar to mine.

Rucks, I think you should probably drop at least one of the two, likely goldstein, for berger. Gives you the money to potentially upgrade Murphy to a super premo like Fyfe, Rockliffe or any of the multitude of better players;) .

Finally for the forward line, not sure what you expect from Bennell that would justify picking him up but the Greene and Bontempelli picks could be inspired and I could probably be persuaded to include one of them in my forward line as well.

Otherwise I quite like your team and it is surprisingly similar to mine in structure, nice job for an early speculative team!

Thanks for going through the trouble of a detailed analysis, MS. Appreciate the constructive feedback.

Cheers on Sharenburg, I will relpace him with another 1st year rookie or even Zak Jones or WhiteX if either look like they're going to be playing every game & starting 21. I'm not spending 200k for him to play 6-8 games though & isn't named for Rd1 or sub-risk.

KK will end up in most teams very early in the season. I honestly believe he will average 90+ this year, if he has a solid pre-season. Won't risk him if his pre-season is interrupted like last year.

SP (AKA Marc Murphy) is an auto selection in every SC team I've had. This will be the 5th year in a row, I've started with him. I'm just glad that he will be a unique this year. Is capable of a 118 which he has averaged before. Has been unlucky the last 2 years. Will bounce back to his very best this year.

I'm tempted to go cheaper for 2nd Ruck, but I will avoid Berger & Kreuz if funds permit. Apart from coming back from a long injury lay off both will be sharing ruck duties far too much for my liking from a fantasy perspective.
I could save a bit of cash with Minson, Maric or NicNat as 2nd ruck perhaps. I don't like Goldy at all as a player, but he should do well under the new SC ruck rules.

Bennell is coming off averages of 69, 98, 97, 96 from his 1st 4 seasons. The last 2 he's had injuries playing only 15 games in each of those seasons, yet his average barely deviated from his 98 average from 22 games in 2012. He is a huge talent to average near on 100 from around 21-22 possies per game over his 1st 4 seasons. Clearly doesn't need to rack up huge numbers to score well in SC. A full & uninterrupted pre-season in an improving GC side, I can see him averaging 24+ possies & 100-105 SC

If I can find a way, I will also start with JOM. Reckon he'll break out this year as well with a 110-115 average.

I'll do a review of your team later today.

Thanks for going through the trouble of a detailed analysis, MS. Appreciate the constructive feedback.

Cheers on Sharenburg, I will relpace him with another 1st year rookie or even Zak Jones or WhiteX if either look like they're going to be playing every game & starting 21. I'm not spending 200k for him to play 6-8 games though & isn't named for Rd1 or sub-risk.

KK will end up in most teams very early in the season. I honestly believe he will average 90+ this year, if he has a solid pre-season. Won't risk him if his pre-season is interrupted like last year.

SP (AKA Marc Murphy) is an auto selection in every SC team I've had. This will be the 5th year in a row, I've started with him. I'm just glad that he will be a unique this year. Is capable of a 118 which he has averaged before. Has been unlucky the last 2 years. Will bounce back to his very best this year.

I'm tempted to go cheaper for 2nd Ruck, but I will avoid Berger & Kreuz if funds permit. Apart from coming back from a long injury lay off both will be sharing ruck duties far too much for my liking from a fantasy perspective.
I could save a bit of cash with Minson, Maric or NicNat as 2nd ruck perhaps. I don't like Goldy at all as a player, but he should do well under the new SC ruck rules.

Bennell is coming off averages of 69, 98, 97, 96 from his 1st 4 seasons. The last 2 he's had injuries playing only 15 games in each of those seasons, yet his average barely deviated from his 98 average from 22 games in 2012. He is a huge talent to average near on 100 from around 21-22 possies per game over his 1st 4 seasons. Clearly doesn't need to rack up huge numbers to score well in SC. A full & uninterrupted pre-season in an improving GC side, I can see him averaging 24+ possies & 100-105 SC

If I can find a way, I will also start with JOM. Reckon he'll break out this year as well with a 110-115 average.

I'll do a review of your team later today.

Not sold on KK. Especially now that Eski is there. The ball will be going to him whenever possible.

Before you tear it apart, I think Burgoyne and Shaw will improve to premium scoring due to various reasons, and I will not under any circumstances pick up Mitch Clark, he is old, fat and broken both physically and mentally. As well as this he has only had one season in his long season of premium scoring, the rest were average or non existant due to injury.
Have at it!!
View attachment 101404

Strong team.

I think Eski and Gray are at the top end of their price range so you're buying at the worst time. Possibly consider them as upgrade targets. Especially Eski who might be a bit of an unknown in a new team.

From my pov, you have 3 mid priced gambles there. Burgoyne, Motlop and Christensen. Burgoyne I can see maintaining or improving slightly. I think the other two are a fair role of the dice and I'm not convinced. Christensen especially in what will be a talent laden midfield. Motlop will also be up and down playing that small fwd role. Unless you're sure he'll get plenty of mid time, could be a disaster.

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on my team. I'm hoping that this team can make some money I still have $189,000 in the kitty. Whaddaya think? Supercoach3.JPG

Finally for the forward line, not sure what you expect from Bennell that would justify picking him up but the Greene and Bontempelli picks could be inspired
Ummmm. Which team are you talking about? He doesn't have Greene?

To start of, can you tell me what all the rage with Henderspud and Steinberg is? From waht I've seen from both of them, they've done nothng to say they will improve from their previous output, particularly henderson who will become more of a key backman with the departure of ben rutten? Besides that I think you could possibly do with Malceski, you need some premium scoring in defence to free up another midfield cash cow space.

Speaking of the midfield, IMO you have gone far to strong, I usually try to have the same number of rookies on teh field as premos/mid-pricers combined, this allows for a huge cash inflow that you can use to do some serious upgrades from rounds 8 to 12. Personally I'd dump Parker and Rich for rookies and upgrade another defender and save a little money to spread across the rest of your team.

Rucks, same as mine got nothing to criticise.

Forwards, also very similar to mine, again I quite like Bontempelli at F5 and I am tossing up between him, motlop and a couple others. Personally I'm quite strongly against Clark as he has only had one premium year in his entire career... 4 years ago.... at brisbane........ since then he has been repeatedly and IMO irreparably damaged both physically and mentally and I also think he will be starved of opportunity at Geelong considering the wealth of talls they have recently acquired.

I quite like your team, I personally won't be going with this strategy as its a little ballsy for me having no defence... but it could work out I guess :p
Thinking now I might dump Rich and Hendo for a rookie and Brodie Smith. Steinberg, as all rookies are at this stage, is a place holder only :)

Clark I'd happily change if there's a suitable rookie replacement. Ditto for Hogan.

I'm taking the approach of stacking forwards and midfield with keepers. There's only one rookie in the forward line and five in the midfield. There's nothing in defence that excites me, and to be honest I can't see many of the options available averaging close to 100. Therefore, I think it's better to grab rookies/cheap options down back and take the 70 points each week down back but grab the 100's up forward instead of a Rookies.

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on my team. I'm hoping that this team can make some money I still have $189,000 in the kitty. Whaddaya think?View attachment 101329

no. it won't.

I dont hate your back line. I think theres some interesting picks there but Frawley isnt goinf to score points or make money. Lumumba is one to watch over pre-season. Rohan too.

Hodge, Ziebell, Everitt, Thomas & Aish are all terrible selections. They're handy players but not SC players. If you pick players around $400k, you think they're undervalued and will grow into keepers. None of these guys are undervalued and their scoring will not improve this year to keeper statuus leaving you with no money and burning trades. If you pick players at the $350k or below mark, you think they're going to increase rapidly in value and then cash them in. NVB is the only one you have that fits this category.

Rucks are interesting but same rules above apply. I wouldnt be taking Ryder. His scoring is going down this year IMO.

That fwd line is a mess. I wouldn't mind having it in my actual team, but from a SC perspective, except for Franklin, they're all KPP and therefore horrible SC picks with teh exception of Hogan who's price makes him a value pick.

Before you tear it apart, I think Burgoyne and Shaw will improve to premium scoring due to various reasons, and I will not under any circumstances pick up Mitch Clark, he is old, fat and broken both physically and mentally. As well as this he has only had one season in his long season of premium scoring, the rest were average or non existant due to injury.
Have at it!!
View attachment 101404
I really really like that team. A lot.

Can't say I'd be having Petrecca, but rookies are place holders at this stage.

Motlop/Christensen are risks, particularly the former. What makes you think they'll increase averages by 10-20??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christensen has finished his apprenticeship at Geelong and is ready to move psat 70-75% gametime to a fully fledged midfield rotation at a club that needs high quality midfielders a little more than Geelong
Rocky, Beams, Redden, Hanley, Rich, Zorko, Aish.

One could make an argument that midfield will be harder to break in to than Geelongs TBH.

This is precisely my thoughts and the reason I've gone with a cheap ass backline.

Is that what you're calling it??

I could not resist.

I started with Bennell in 2013 for the same reason. Got injured second game or something. Like to see him on the park for a while first but I totally agree with your thoughts.

Ditto with JOM. Think he'll tear the comp apart this year.

Rocky, Beams, Redden, Hanley, Rich, Zorko, Aish.

One could make an argument that midfield will be harder to break in to than Geelongs TBH.

Agreed. Christensen will be part of the rotation but will not see much more midfield time than he did at Geelong. Rocky, Beams, Redden all ahead of him in the midfield, Hanley might start sweeping across the back line again, and Zorko will still spend some time up forward.

Could break in ahead of Rich and Aish, but doubtful he will considering he can be just as damaging as a wing pushing forward or flanker.

Dude, you follow Melbourne. He'd be your best player & Captain if he played for the Dees.
Quite possibly, but I'm not sure why which club he plays for has anything to do with SuperCoach scores??

Quite possibly, but I'm not sure why which club he plays for has anything to do with SuperCoach scores??

Please Jiska, cut the BS. You've stated on a number of occasions on here and via PM that you don't rate SP as a player, SC withstanding.

This is my latest side, pretty happy with this but no doubt will change.

B: B.Smith, J.Howe, J.Newnes, B.Waters, K.McIntosh, J.Hamling (H.Goddard, A.Saad)
M: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, N.Fyfe, L.Parker, T.Greene, N.Van Berlo, I.Heeney, N.Freeman (T.Dumont, J.Steele, B.Boekhorst)
R: T.Goldstein, N.Naitanui (M.Cox)
F: R.Gray, B.Deledio, H.Bennell, D.Swan, M.Clark, J.Hogan (J.Laverde, N.Krakeour)

SP is confusing because it looks like you're talking about Scott Pendlebury.

Can we call him Super Premo Unrivalled Darling to remove ambiguity?

Boom Tish! :D You're just jealous that you don't have a super-premo mid at St Kilda anymore. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back