Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
current_team.jpg

Happy with my structure. Imagine i'll burn one of either Lids of Dusty to bring in T Mitchell if he looks like getting a gig with consistency. S Mitchell very underselected for mine, I know he is getting into risky age territory but is a proven accumulated in arguably the best team in the league coming off injury, prime target for mine.

Been tossing up the 5 Premo vs 4 Premo midfield and have arrived at this at this stage; lots of midfield rookies and few defenders has me going this way - thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 4

current_team.jpg

Happy with my structure. Imagine i'll burn one of either Lids of Dusty to bring in T Mitchell if he looks like getting a gig with consistency. S Mitchell very underselected for mine, I know he is getting into risky age territory but is a proven accumulated in arguably the best team in the league coming off injury, prime target for mine.

I expect a lot of people will pan it due to the risk, but I really like your ruck set up. You've gone for what little value there is and Belly isn't clogging up a valuable Fow slot nor are you wasting ruck backup on the bench. If one of your starting rucks gets an early short term injury or suspension you could decide to use the DPP to trade in a good premo ruck for say Steven or S Mitchell or Swan etc (whichever one is spudding it up).

Might need to consider 1 or 2 midpricers in defence - might be a stretch to find 4 sub 200k players with job security to start the year.

View attachment 110794
My current team, looking at ways to strengthen back line but unsure who to downgrade elsewhere. Just have a feeling T Mitchell will tear it up this year, and Leuey too risky for mine
Johnny drama I like yr set up, not to indifferent to mine. I've gone fairly light in the back line as I can't find enough good value that will bring me substantial points for money there as too you. Hamling a good option as he will be a sure starter. Might even look at changing up to fit him in. I like yr mid field as you have good guns in there but I do think you should consider Krakouer from port adel as a young gun, he will fire and generate good money for you. Probs take out dumont for him there IMO. Rucks are nice money well spent just hope nic Nat isn't one game one and one game off as we know he can do, ruck bench would be better served if you had Cox from the pies as he will definitely be getting game time. Mitch Clark about the only diffence to my forward line and a great cheap option. I'd love to have him but too many changes to fit him in. Over all a good SOLID team should do well with that just watch NAB and make changes accordingly as we all will be.

take 409983895798353876583763590945

DEF simpson, hibberd, newnes, ibbot, macmil, rookies x 3
WATCHING DEF- vlaustin, higgins, mcgovern, grimes, whiteX

MID gaz, rocky,selwood, barlow, cotchin, swallow(a), rookies x5

WATCHING MID rich, sloane, fyfe, any number of midfielders

RUCKS maric, nicnat
WATCHING RUCKS- goldy, burger, mumford

FOR goddard, swan, titch, rookies x 5
WATCHING FOR- lids, boomer, chapman, france lanklin, bennell.

still a long way out from start of season. but im thinking 6 quality mids looks good

take 409983895798353876583763590945

DEF simpson, hibberd, newnes, ibbot, macmil, rookies x 3
WATCHING DEF- vlaustin, higgins, mcgovern, grimes, whiteX

MID gaz, rocky,selwood, barlow, cotchin, swallow(a), rookies x5

WATCHING MID rich, sloane, fyfe, any number of midfielders

RUCKS maric, nicnat
WATCHING RUCKS- goldy, burger, mumford

FOR goddard, swan, titch, rookies x 5
WATCHING FOR- lids, boomer, chapman, france lanklin, bennell.

still a long way out from start of season. but im thinking 6 quality mids looks good

I take it france is buddys brother? :)

Walker, Savage, Ibbotson, Pearce, Macmillan, N.Brown (Goddard, Rainbow)
Selwood, Murphy, Boak, Dangerfield, Cotchin, S.Mitchell, Steven, Anderson (Boekhorst, Laverde, Krakouer)
Goldstein, Leuenberger (Cox)
Deledio, Zorko, Swan, Walters, Membrey, Hogan (D.Menzel, Daniel)

A few risks in there

He's almost 27.

You think he'll be promoted?
Port Adel drafted him for fair reason, and they could use his speed and great skills running off the half back line. Understand that he hasn't played AFL for two years but was tipped to bring HIGH scores just before he walked away in 2011. In coming back to the Port Magpies did gain PLENTY of best on votes in the 15 or so games that he played. Didn't realise he's was THAT old a fellow. But he has plenty to prove at this elite level, and if he hangs around long enough to be a good cash cow then he's worth a spot, even if he's warming the pine..I see him in this side, he's got a big enough frame to bust the lines and his skills will keep him in most sides. Let's watch this NAB challenge space to see how he fares but IMO, he's a starter.

Last edited:
TOXIC, KADOG, GINGY, please dissect this team,I know I'm mid heavy but I see value in points for money there and I've gone quite light in the back line. Very happy with my rucks. And not sure yet who the right pups will be till NAB and beyond. Hoping I'm somewhere around the mark. EVELUATION???
BACKS
Goddard, H
Shaw, H
Enright, C
Rainbow, D
Newnes, J
McKenzie, D
Saad, A
White, M
MID
Ablett, G
Rockliff, T
Pendlebury, S
Fyfe, N
Wines, O
Mitchell, T
Heeney, I
Freeman, N
Boekhorst, B
Laverde, J
Steele, J
RUCKS
Goldstein, T
Leuenberger, M
Cox, M
FORWARDS
Goddard, B
Franklin, L
Martin, D
Swan, D
Hogan, J
Daniel, C
Salem, C
Krakouer, N

Last edited:
Port Adel drafted him for fair reason, and collingwood could use his speed and great skills running off the half back line. Understand that he hasn't played AFL for two years but was tipped to bring HIGH scores just before he walked away in 2011. In coming back to the Port Magpies did gain PLENTY of best on votes in the 15 or so games that he played. Didn't realise he's was THAT old a fellow. But he has plenty to prove at this elite level, and if he hangs around long enough to be a good cash cow then he's worth a spot, even if he's warming the pine..I see him in this side, he's got a big enough frame to bust the lines and his skills will keep him in most sides. Let's watch this NAB challenge space to see how he fares but IMO, he's a starter.
What's this about Collingwood?

And what makes you say Cox will definitely be getting game time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's this about Collingwood?

And what makes you say Cox will definitely be getting game time?
Yep, that collingwood remark has been corrected, apologies Feerits Elf, thinking two things at once. This cox fellow is a man mountain, tall, I can't think of any body that has been taller that has played the game. He has an AMAZING leap on him, he has excellent speed over a short sharp distances and has adapted to our game very very well, has got skills. There is a whisper of excitement down at pie land over this bloke, and I think you'll see him on the paddock for what it's worth.you may see him in a forward role before you know it, they'll be slotting hin in somewhere.

Last edited:
Yep, that collingwood remark has been corrected, apologies Feerits Elf, thinking two things at once. This cox fellow is a man mountain, tall, I can't think of any body that has been taller that has played the game. He has an AMAZING leap on him, he has excellent speed over a short sharp distances and has adapted to our game very very well, has got skills. They have a rather large boner down at pie land over this bloke, and I think you'll see him on the paddock for what it's worth.
Has he even played a VFL game yet? Whilst being tall is all well and good, has he actually played footy at a half decent level? Shawn Bradley was really tall, it didn't make him a good basketball player.

Well Cox as you know is a rookie project player and is still very raw. Like, debut in 2017 kind of raw.

I didn't think he was anywhere near getting a game unless Witts, Grundy, Keeffe, Gault and Moore were all in a minivan that went under a bus.

Has he even played a VFL game yet? Whilst being tall is all well and good, has he actually played footy at a half decent level? Shawn Bradley was really tall, it didn't make him a good basketball player.
How do you rate my side The Oz, apart from Cox, how does it stack up.

Have a c
Well Cox as you know is a rookie project player and is still very raw. Like, debut in 2017 kind of raw.

I didn't think he was anywhere near getting a game unless Witts, Grundy, Keeffe, Gault and Moore were all in a minivan that went under a bus.
How does my side look to you Feerits Elf, pick it to bits if you would.

How do you rate my side The Oz, apart from Cox, how does it stack up.

It's pretty good, wouldn't put Mitchell in the mids, would personally get rid of Martin for him and pick someone like A.Swallow as your underpriced M5. Not sure about Enright either, could be past his best and would also go Deledio ahead of Franklin but that's just a personal choice.

View attachment 110990

hey guys, been playing around a fair bit, settled on this for now with a few bits and pieces to be moved, any ideas or suggestions, cheers guys
hey mate
defence is too weak, none of D4-D8 look like they'll play round 1
Bellchambers sitting on your bench is too much wasted cash
might have to look at downgrading 1 or more of Rocky, Pendles, Selwood, Jacobs to cheaper premiums in order to pocket some money
your forward line is strong!

TOXIC, KADOG, GINGY, please dissect this team,I know I'm mid heavy but I see value in points for money there and I've gone quite light in the back line. Very happy with my rucks. And not sure yet who the right pups will be till NAB and beyond. Hoping I'm somewhere around the mark. EVELUATION???
BACKS
Goddard, H
Shaw, H
Enright, C
Rainbow, D
Newnes, J
McKenzie, D
Saad, A
White, M
MID
Ablett, G
Rockliff, T
Pendlebury, S
Fyfe, N
Wines, O
Mitchell, T
Heeney, I
Freeman, N
Boekhorst, B
Laverde, J
Steele, J
RUCKS
Goldstein, T
Leuenberger, M
Cox, M
FORWARDS
Goddard, B
Franklin, L
Martin, D
Swan, D
Hogan, J
Daniel, C
Salem, C
Krakouer, N

I personally think there are better choices than Enright and goldy is a big nab scoring system change Watch
other than that I like the set up

2015 reworked team.PNG
Version : Lost count.
I think the balance is out.
My strategy. - Premos and rooks especially in the Mids and Rucks, to start with 14 premo starters. A strategy this year as there seems to be plenty of cash cow rooks in the forwards and mids.
Pros - to restrict trades.
Cons - unsure of cash generation and unsure of premos finishing position end of year?

Backs - is a bit of a worry when I look at it, not enough points generation. Taking a wait and see approach on this line.
Mids - premos who I feel will finish in the top 10 mids. Will the extra mid rook this year generate enough cash for upgrades else where?
Rucks - can just about afford anyone if one fails, also have 50k in the bank.
Fwds - 2 KPP priced rooks with JS, can they moo fast enough and generate enough points?
Advice... do you think a swap for Murphy/Parker to Deledio into the mids and bringing in Dusty to the FWDS to swap back when a premo falls in the Mids is a smart move?

Last edited:
View attachment 110990

hey guys, been playing around a fair bit, settled on this for now with a few bits and pieces to be moved, any ideas or suggestions, cheers guys
I think there's better mid rookie options than Cripps, for less cash. Rockliff's price has maxed out and will be a good trade in target. TBC on the bench is not a good idea. Better to get a rookie R/F and get Ryder/Lycett in your forward line. Defence is quite weak also (Scharenberg is out early btw)

How much cash do you have?

I'd go:

Rockliff > Steven
Cripps > Wines/Crouch
Bellchambers > Cox/Read
Martin > Ryder/Lycett
Scharenberg > Kolodjashnij

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back