Teams SC 2016 - My Team (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEF: A. Rance, R. Laird, J. Lonergan, J. Weitering, M. Brown, M. Brown (K. Collins, M. Hartley)
MID: N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, C. Mills, B. Kennedy (B. Macaffer, C. Menadue, S. Kerridge)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Gawn (M. Cox)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Barlow, J. De Goey, C. Daniel, D. Menzel, D. Wells (N. Cockatoo, L. McCarthy)
CASH LEFT: $29,300

Well I wasn't, but when an Adelaide supporter suggests it could be a problem for him it worries me :)
Has he shown in the past that he's unable to cope with a tag?
It is the main reason I haven't picked him this year. He has been a staple in my side for years. He will be the prime target for a tag of the Adelaide midfielders, and with reduced rotations, this concerns me. In the past he would still work back very hard and would still win the ball in defence as well as racking up tackles, meaning he would still score relatively well. I could be way off the mark though, just my thoughts.

Job security means he is a must have IMO.

18yo kids are so hot and cold and drop off very quickly as they are banished into the magoos!

Crowley hasn't even averaged over 60 since 2010 with a Career High average of 67 way back in 2007. There is a reason he was used solely as a tagger. He is far from a must have, I'd almost say he is a terrible option.

It is the main reason I haven't picked him this year. He has been a staple in my side for years. He will be the prime target for a tag of the Adelaide midfielders, and with reduced rotations, this concerns me. In the past he would still work back very hard and would still win the ball in defence as well as racking up tackles, meaning he would still score relatively well. I could be way off the mark though, just my thoughts.
Yes I see what you mean. With Danger gone he probably will attract the main tag. My earlier concern was that he's shown signs of being one of those players who go at the ball so desperately that they are wide open to copping injuries. He really only seemed fit and well for 2 games from rounds 4 to 18 last year.

Can't be too harsh about that. I like it. Good to see Sidebottom getting a mention. He's one of 10 premo mids I wish I could fit it.
I can't say I understand the love I'm seeing on here for Sheridan. I must be missing something.
I don't get it either, it happens every year with a few players and then everyone losers their shit about 5 rounds in.

Can't be too harsh about that. I like it. Good to see Sidebottom getting a mention. He's one of 10 premo mids I wish I could fit it.
I can't say I understand the love I'm seeing on here for Sheridan. I must be missing something.
simply just good form heading into the season, and his role looks more prominent this year and very supercoach-friendly one

I don't get it either, it happens every year with a few players and then everyone losers their shit about 5 rounds in.
shane savage appeals to me and he is a similar price to Sheridan, could he break out and be a consistent scorer?

im hoping sideys elite endurance combined with the new interchange cap will see him break into the top 10 mids. He looks set to explode imo. Was also keen on Mitch Duncan, can see him doing something similar

shane savage appeals to me and he is a similar price to Sheridan, could he break out and be a consistent scorer?
I wouldn't touch Savage if I were you. I considered him briefly a couple of seasons ago because there were signs of him doing something .... he didn't then and he won't now.

im hoping sideys elite endurance combined with the new interchange cap will see him break into the top 10 mids. He looks set to explode imo. Was also keen on Mitch Duncan, can see him doing something similar

I like Duncan too as he represents good value and is a proven high scorer, but there others I like more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Crowley averages 65 he won't make you much money though. You're very likely to get the same output from a rookie who is cheaper.
Excuse the newbie question, but how much is someone who averages 65 worth?

The man with the best avatar in the business. Welcome back.
Solid team. Similar structure to mine. Obvious risk at D3 but you have to take one somewhere.
Not having Shaw or Martin allows you an extra premo in the fwd line. Something I might have a play around with now that I have seen yours.
Do you have much cash left? Potential problem on the eve of Rd1 with your rookies. Haven't spent much money there. What's the plan if you need to find a bit of extra coin?
I've got no $ left at all mate, TBH I was more worried about rookie selections than my defensive risk.
Now I'm worried even more, it just that I like the structure.
If I go Goldy to Nic, that'll free up the funds but defeats the purpose somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back