Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Lamb and Armstrong are both on the cusp atm. If either get a game in the early rounds, they are likely to be blighted with the dreaded vest. Our team is very settled, if not very deep. A spot opened up last night when AJ went down with an ACL. I think they take the opportunity to switch LRT back to defense (his best possie by far in my eyes) and give Lamb a run but that is pure speculation.

McVeigh looks reborn this pre-season. Am I crazy for considering him as a cheapish elite mid/point of difference? I was thinking of jumping on Hanners but McVeigh's preseason has me thinking (never a good thing).
I'd definitely consider McVeigh in SC due to his ball use and efficiency, would be less likely to go near him in DT.

Lamb's omission from the squad yesterday would suggest he's unlikely to be in the coaches' thoughts as an immediate inclusion?

As a Swans fan, I am not too confident in a few of our players for DT or SC.
Would love to see Michell get his body right & have a good run of games, but injury has continually held him back. Can't see LRT, Teddy, or Reg getting better & Smooch, Shawy & Marty starting with injury plagued preseasons.
Rohan probably wont play till midseason, if at all. Goodes also coming back from long layoff.
Would like to see a few younger players step up, just not sure who they will be.
Pykey could be Number 1 Ruck for the first few games & might be a good starter, as he really is doing really well. Mummy to play forward until fitness kicks in.
When Tippett arrives in team, might be the opportunity for Reid to step up as a DT/SC player as Tippett & Goodesy will be the two keys & Reid will get the third best defender.
Jack, Kennedy, Bolts, ROK & Hanners all expected to maintain last years numbers.
All in all, hoping that someone like Mitchell, Rampe, White, Armstrong or Cunningham will step up & play consistent football.
Go the Bloods !!!

Hi guys and girls, how is Ben McGlyn coming along after his injury? Will he play round 1?
Yes he will, any doubt over his spot has been removed by Johnson's injury and the fact a couple of other players are still yet to be sighted. He's been running freely and with no issues in the NAB cup so far.

Hi guys and girls, how is Ben McGlyn coming along after his injury? Will he play round 1?

Most definitely in my opinion. Is a best 22 selection for the team. McGlynn seems to have a solid preseason and sporting a good beard so guaranteed to get a game in our backline at the least.

Most definitely in my opinion. Is a best 22 selection for the team. McGlynn seems to have a solid preseason and sporting a good beard so guaranteed to get a game in our backline at the least.

Thanks for that, and good luck for your season. Loved it when you guys won in 2005, and enjoyed it again last year. Gives me faith that my team might do it too one day as an old VFL team.

I think Lamb and Armstrong are both on the cusp atm. If either get a game in the early rounds, they are likely to be blighted with the dreaded vest. Our team is very settled, if not very deep. A spot opened up last night when AJ went down with an ACL. I think they take the opportunity to switch LRT back to defense (his best possie by far in my eyes) and give Lamb a run but that is pure speculation.

McVeigh looks reborn this pre-season. Am I crazy for considering him as a cheapish elite mid/point of difference? I was thinking of jumping on Hanners but McVeigh's preseason has me thinking (never a good thing).

I actually think Johnson's unfortunate injury has made Armstrongs job security a lot, lot stronger, in this preseason, TA has looked to be at the front of Longmire's mind and I think he is definitely going to be a starting 18 player. If Lamb gets into the team he will be most likely donning the vest. I agree with you about McVeigh too.

Keep an eye out for Dane Rampe, after AJs injury he might be elevated off the rookie list soon and could be in the frame for Round 1.

Help please!

It's up to pick 98 in my draft and Adam Goodes is available. I know he's on the way back from injury. Good pick? Other options include Higgins, Petrie, Brown...

Help please!

It's up to pick 98 in my draft and Adam Goodes is available. I know he's on the way back from injury. Good pick? Other options include Higgins, Petrie, Brown...
Hard for me to say without knowing who else is there and what the scoring system is. I wouldn't bet against him averaging under 90 in SC which is a pretty good return at pick 98. He's back in full training and played on the weekend

Hey guys what do you think about putting Mummy as a second ruck? I know he's still working on his fitness but can score well when on song, do you reckon he's worth it?

Hey guys what do you think about putting Mummy as a second ruck? I know he's still working on his fitness but can score well when on song, do you reckon he's worth it?

Why not? I'm not sure he'll reach the heights of his 112 average from 2011 again. He shouldered a vast majority of the ruck that year with LRT pinch hitting. We have Pyke to help him out and Tippett as well later in the year. Should still score well, but maybe not at the elite level of a Sandilands, Cox, NicNat, Maric type though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supercoach monster and at that price I got him as second ruck (can't deal with the Leuenberger stress!)

With two trades every week is anybody else thinking of starting with a couple of our guys just for the first two rounds? (GWS and GC)

I cannot remember Mummy playing any preseason. Is this true? Has his back caused much trouble over the off season Ed?
Ta man :thumbsu::footy:

He played against Gold Coast on the weekend, but only for 1 quarter i think and stayed forward. He's playing again this weekend and will be there Round 1. :thumbsu:

So I traded Jack Newnes for Tony Armstrong in a serious serious bigfooty keeper league. I hope it was the right decision. Would anyone be able to provide me with some thoughts on the trade? I traded for him so that he could cover Suckling this year. In the long run I see Newnes as a better fantasy producer.

So I traded Jack Newnes for Tony Armstrong in a serious serious bigfooty keeper league. I hope it was the right decision. Would anyone be able to provide me with some thoughts on the trade? I traded for him so that he could cover Suckling this year. In the long run I see Newnes as a better fantasy producer.
I think Armstrong won't necessarily be a keeper but he will make some quick cash if he keeps his spot in the first half dozen games, like Jarryn Geary for the Saints did early last year. I think his job security for the first 6 -8 games will be ok but look to upgrade him around then.

Hey Guys. I picked a few of your Swannies in my DT Elite league but have a concern over 1 of them...can you guys let me know if Craig Bird is worth keeping over a Siposs or Walters type who are both still a FA's in our league.

Also, Armstrong is a FA as well and I currently have a couple of shaky backs so am thinking of taking the punt and bringing him in now rather than waiting until he scores for real, worth the punt? I'd probably boot Golby or McPharlin for him.

8 team league with 22 players if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys. I picked a few of your Swannies in my DT Elite league but have a concern over 1 of them...can you guys let me know if Craig Bird is worth keeping over a Siposs or Walters type who are both still a FA's in our league.

Also, Armstrong is a FA as well and I currently have a couple of shaky backs so am thinking of taking the punt and bringing him in now rather than waiting until he scores for real, worth the punt? I'd probably boot Golby or McPharlin for him.

8 team league with 22 players if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

I would probably take the punt on Siposs ahead of Bird, Whilst Bird may play more games and average mid 70's Siposs would have a higher scope for potential and has had a great pre-season for St Kilda.

Armstrong will most likely be lining up round one and if he doesn't get subbed could very easily average in the 80's.

I would probably take the punt on Siposs ahead of Bird, Whilst Bird may play more games and average mid 70's Siposs would have a higher scope for potential and has had a great pre-season for St Kilda.

Armstrong will most likely be lining up round one and if he doesn't get subbed could very easily average in the 80's.

Thanks Bonza.

Someone just made the Armstrong call even more difficult by dropping Atley from North in to the pool who I think will be more than handy. Armstrong v Atley may fall in favour of the Roo don't you think just on JS and a similar ceiling profile?

I'll back you in on Siposs as that was my feeling as well. If Siposs flames out I think Bird or someone of his type will still be available but Siposs could be more than handy if his PS form continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back