Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Bonza.

Someone just made the Armstrong call even more difficult by dropping Atley from North in to the pool who I think will be more than handy. Armstrong v Atley may fall in favour of the Roo don't you think just on JS and a similar ceiling profile?

I'll back you in on Siposs as that was my feeling as well. If Siposs flames out I think Bird or someone of his type will still be available but Siposs could be more than handy if his PS form continues.

I would go Atley over Armstrong simply because he has a little more job security, Once Mattner, Smith, Malceski and Shaw are all fit Armstrong may be dropped or could be made a sub (If his form stays good though he may not get dropped).

I think if they both played every game Armstrong would be more consistant (Low 80 high 70 scores) but with Atley you have potential to get some really big scores but quite a few lower one's as well.

I would go Atley over Armstrong simply because he has a little more job security, Once Mattner, Smith, Malceski and Shaw are all fit Armstrong may be dropped or could be made a sub (If his form stays good though he may not get dropped).

I think if they both played every game Armstrong would be more consistant (Low 80 high 70 scores) but with Atley you have potential to get some really big scores but quite a few lower one's as well.

Yep, agree with that, thanks mate.

G'day Swannies, just a quick one on a player who has been a supercoach star in the past, Nick Malceski. Just looking through some of his pre-season stats, his numbers mirror those of a few years ago where he came off a quiet season on the back off his knee surgery to average 96. Looking specifically at round 3 of the nab cup, he picked up 22 disposals and 84 DT points off of only 52% game time, including 4 I50s and 4 R50s indicating he's playing on a wing moreso than exclusively across half back. He's backed those numbers up with a 111 in SC today. The question I have is does he have one more big year left in him and at $404k, is he too big a risk?

Also re: Kieren Jack, he scored 1657 points from round 8 to round 21 last season, a 13 game period of scoring at 127.46 points per game, consistent mass scoring on par with the likes of Scott Pendlebury. For the remaining 12 games of the season both before and after this sustained period of massive scoring, he scored 1023 points at 85.25 ppg. The question I have when looking at these numbers is during that 13 game period, was he given some sort of different role, ie: relieved of his primary tagging duties? If this is the case (and the case could be made for Scott Selwood), freeing up both of these two players from primary tagging duties could see them both average at least 15 ppg more than their current average price suggests.

Thanks and all the best in defending your premiership this season.

Nick Malceski. The question I have is does he have one more big year left in him and at $404k, is he too big a risk?

IMO Yes, plenty of better options, whilst he may have a decent year the number of options we have coming out of the back line will make his scores very up and down this year, I'd be looking elsewhere, plenty of good back options available.

Also re: Kieren Jack, he scored 1657 points from round 8 to round 21 last season, a 13 game period of scoring at 127.46 points per game, consistent mass scoring on par with the likes of Scott Pendlebury. For the remaining 12 games of the season both before and after this sustained period of massive scoring, he scored 1023 points at 85.25 ppg. The question I have when looking at these numbers is during that 13 game period, was he given some sort of different role, ie: relieved of his primary tagging duties? If this is the case (and the case could be made for Scott Selwood), freeing up both of these two players from primary tagging duties could see them both average at least 15 ppg more than their current average price suggests.

Tough one, he wasn't given a different role, however we certainly had a fairly easy middle run to the season so his output probably reflected his greater ability to take an outside role in games where we dominated. Sydney have a fairly soft start to the year, so id be hoping Jack can get those sorts of scores in the early season.

On the topic of Selwood, the Eagles also have a soft start to the year, so he would be a great pickup early, although Shuey may be a better option for a player who is set to break out.

Yeah i think Malceski is slightly more defensive these days anyway and the opposition have wised up as to how damaging he can be if he is given the freedom coming out of the back line, they'll stick a forward tag on him to limit his output. Agree with Jack2White on Jack though and i also agree on Shuey, going to be a SC star although i'd rather go with the players that have a track record of premium averages rather than take the punt to be honest.

Hey guys just interested in your views on ROK, i noticed a bit of discussion earlier on about him but would like to know some up to date info. He had great SC numbers form about round 8 onwards, averaging 117 once he regained fitness, 120+ if you count finals. Think he would make a great mid5 with the potential for a 110 average.

Will he be playing a similar role to last year or do you see him spending less time in the midfield to let the likes of Parker etc develop their game?

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys just interested in your views on ROK, i noticed a bit of discussion earlier on about him but would like to know some up to date info. He had great SC numbers form about round 8 onwards, averaging 117 once he regained fitness, 120+ if you count finals. Think he would make a great mid5 with the potential for a 110 average.

Will he be playing a similar role to last year or do you see him spending less time in the midfield to let the likes of Parker etc develop their game?

Thanks
Can't see him spending much less time in the midfield, it was the big selling point to re-sign him when he thought about leaving and his production is actually increasing. Had a big 2nd half of the season and you're getting him at a discount due to his injury affected start.
Rampe any chance early? His pre season scores were nice and consistent for a cheapie.
He'd be a chance due to the injury to Johnson, he's shown an ability to play a good lock-down defensive role (unlike Armstrong) but is not able to play on the talls as Johnson could. But he'd be in the mix for a spot, I'd wager he's likely in the 25 at the moment and sitting in the emergencies

Could I get an update on Mummy? Has he played much of the NAB cup - he is cheap if injury free. I alos have Armstong in my team - word is you are going through him alot out of defence.

Could I get an update on Mummy? Has he played much of the NAB cup - he is cheap if injury free. I alos have Armstong in my team - word is you are going through him alot out of defence.
Mumford's fit but in rubbish form. Was embarassing against Port. Armstrong is likely to play and accumulate a fair bit of the ball, I'm looking at him closely for a spot in my side

Mumford's fit but in rubbish form. Was embarassing against Port. Armstrong is likely to play and accumulate a fair bit of the ball, I'm looking at him closely for a spot in my side

Thanks - Mummy is out. Armstrong is good cheap pick - he won't need big scores to go up in price. I have him over Atley because of the price difference.

Thanks - Mummy is out. Armstrong is good cheap pick - he won't need big scores to go up in price. I have him over Atley because of the price difference.
I really like Atley as a player but can't see him producing an 80-90 average this year, just simply wasn't getting enough of the ball. Maybe next year!

EDIT to my above post - embarrassing for Mumford is overstating things. He was getting beaten in the ruck by some less than superstar opponents so I over reacted. However I don't think he's shown enough to pick him at that price, he may well make his way into my side after a few rounds if he is performing at close to his best, as he'll represent good value.

Hey lads and ladies. Despite Armstrong being below average saturday is he still a good chance to line up round 1 and avoid the vest?
cheers

Would be a great chance! Smith, Mattner and Shaw have all had interrupted pre-seasons and with Johnson out for the season it would only increase his chances.

If you look through the thread you will see more information posted by us.

Would be a great chance! Smith, Mattner and Shaw have all had interrupted pre-seasons and with Johnson out for the season it would only increase his chances.

If you look through the thread you will see more information posted by us.
I friggen traded Newnes for him in a keeper league so he better be playing!!!

On another not Rampe. Has he been upgraded?

I friggen traded Newnes for him in a keeper league so he better be playing!!!

On another not Rampe. Has he been upgraded?

I think he should be playing, At least for the early part of this season.

And he hasn't yet, But most expect it to just be a matter of time.

I think he should be playing, At least for the early part of this season.

And he hasn't yet, But most expect it to just be a matter of time.
You mean he will be elevated in the next half an hour? Do you think he is a better option as a long term point producer in a fantasy league than Tom Temay (pick 35 last year.)

You mean he will be elevated in the next half an hour? Do you think he is a better option as a long term point producer in a fantasy league than Tom Temay (pick 35 last year.)

Because it is an injury to a senior list player I think we can promote him to the senior list whenever we like (At least thats what I thought would happen) (We also have Rohan on the LTIL)

Compared to your standard Pre-season Rookie List elevation when there is a deadline.

Long Term I would say probably Temay, But if Rampe is named for round 1 and shows form he could very easily hold his spot due to his ability to perform a shut down role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back