Scott: "I was happy with the players effort"

Remove this Banner Ad

See this ****ed up!! He goes saying this is a good effort etc etc.. So the players have it in their minds that what happened today was totaly acceptable.

Na sorry mate, bring back the junkyard dog or Crocks! :thumbsu:
please JB show some balls and sack this nutcase . and give crocker the job so we can get something from this season .:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wallis was interviewed after the game and stated the bulldogs played one on one against us bc they studied the tapes during the week and saw it as a weakness on our part. Spot on they were. To many players want to play easy and think things will happen without effort

Mentally i dont know if our players are tough.
But this quote is a downright insult to me as a member.
I dont stand for this shit.
I want a big fallout from this loss.

The players did not even shower and packed up and left straight away for a recovery session, there was no after match address from Brad Scott.

Maybe he was too angry to address the players after the match?

I hope they were sent to the Yarra Ranges for a dip in the river. :mad:

This whole thread feels like one big long Caro article. How about these select quotes from the presser that you just happened to ignore so you could get more views and comments?

"Our poorest performance across the board today"
"Bulldogs beat us in almost every facet of the game"
"As poor as we've been in the contest in a long long time"
"A VERY poor performance on our behalf"

Way to quote him out of context.

He sounded really down, went over how poor our side was at the contest, worst in some time, paid credit to the other side. Then he was asked about effort and said he didn't question our players trying - basically that at the elite level wanting to be good isn't enough.

I thought in context it made sense.

He isn't going to berate players in a presser. He tried for some positive spin and chose his words poorly. He didn't expand on how 'pleased' he was or dwell on it or try to justify the quote at all. In isolation the quote is utterly stupid, but as pissed off as I am with him and the players today, I'll cut him some slack on this one.

Way to quote him out of context.

He sounded really down, went over how poor our side was at the contest, worst in some time, paid credit to the other side. Then he was asked about effort and said he didn't question our players trying - basically that at the elite level wanting to be good isn't enough.

I thought in context it made sense.

Sounds better balanced. Wtf does he do from here? Next week is as much about what he actually stands for as it is the players.
All the things he says we were poor at, let's see if he makes change to attempt to ratify.
One thing, not the only, but one thing that infuriated me today was why play BMac as the sub, whats the upside of doin that and dropping mullet? What?

This whole thread feels like one big long Caro article. How about these select quotes from the presser that you just happened to ignore so you could get more views and comments?

"Our poorest performance across the board today"
"Bulldogs beat us in almost every facet of the game"
"As poor as we've been in the contest in a long long time"
"A VERY poor performance on our behalf"

Fair call, we've all been sucked in by a dubious OP. People need to be aware that it was Bigeasy who started this thread - one of the biggest friendly fire trolls on our board.

He isn't going to berate players in a presser. He tried for some positive spin and chose his words poorly. He didn't expand on how 'pleased' he was or dwell on it or try to justify the quote at all. In isolation the quote is utterly stupid, but as pissed off as I am with him and the players today, I'll cut him some slack on this one.

Good post. Lots of mutual respect between the players and Brad and it hit me like nobodies business, he isn't going to berate them in public. Having said that he didn't need to add so much mayo to the story, happy is a strong word in this case.

This lies directly at Scott's feet who insists we play this soft unaccountable football. If I ever see him looking dismayed again in the coaches box I will throw up. Seems to me that Scott is only trying to save face by reacting like he does. I don't know who is softer, Scott or the game plan.
Can you enlighten me, as to what exactly our game plan is???

I'm assuming the plan isn't to :
* concede easy & quick clearances from the centre
* hold the ball when kicking out until every option is covered, then choose the worst available option
* handpass to a team-mate who is about to be tackled
* make no more than a taken effort when chasing or tackling an opponent
* when going forward, kick directly to the opposition defenders ; or at best, kick to Petrie who is out-numbered, and in a bad scoring position if he does take a mark

On the other hand, if that IS the plan, we executed it to perfection today.
:mad::mad::mad:

will be interesting on the couch on fox on monday as he is special guest.

was an important game and we didnt look like we showed up to play even a half decent game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* hold the ball when kicking out until every option is covered, then choose the worst available option
* when going forward, kick directly to the opposition defenders ; or at best, kick to Petrie who is out-numbered, and in a bad scoring position is he does take a mark

And what a plan it is.....

I often wonder how many of our side can kick or handball to the advantage of a team mate?

Not a lot is my guess.

* when going forward, kick directly to the opposition defenders ; or at best, kick to Petrie who is out-numbered, and in a bad scoring position is he does take a mark

Beats the crap out of me Jacko, sorry. I say ask the players but I reckon they would give you the same answer but as long as Scott knows that's all that matters.

I havn't seen the presser yet but from NMFC Facebook:

Brad Scott: "That was the poorest we've been in the contest in a long time"

Yes he said that but he also said that he couldn't question the boys effort. WTF?

I don't really care about the context. Made the comment at the game. The worst part of today was our 'effort'. Endeavor at the ball was so far behind the dogs 'effort' it was appalling. Ignore the game plan, the skill level (xxxx) or even ability, that effort deserved a public berating.

In a way I don't care what he said. We've all got eyes.

And I'm just about over the backs to the wall interstate trip where we win a massive contest by 10 points only to be reamed next time we play a half decent side.

Seems to me we're a crap team going nowhere. VERY disappointing.

This thread is bullshit. Here's some direct quotes from Scott

Source: Scott 'boiling inside'
"It is as poor as we have been in a contest for a long, long time and I sincerely hope it is an aberration," Scott said.

"To be down 55 in contested possession is not representative of the way North Melbourne play their footy."
Listen to the press conference, there is no way on earth Scott was happy with that performance. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Was really annoyed with our effort today and just cant understand how anyone could be happy with it - most of all the coach... the comment has to be out of context or incorrect.

It was not good enough... was watching and thought at quarter time is Pagan was coaching he would blow a gasket and the 2nd qtr would turn it around.... but no - they just dished up the same insipidness all day...

very dark day for the club

This thread is bullshit. Here's some direct quotes from Scott

Source: Scott 'boiling inside'
Listen to the press conference, there is no way on earth Scott was happy with that performance. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Problem is it's not a one-off, we have been shithaus in every game against other than Geelong and GWS. It is the same problem in every one of those games, midfield defensive accountability, problem in the ruck and forward setup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott: "I was happy with the players effort"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back