Scott Lucas To Hang Up Boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise that he has already been told that he has a spot on the list next season?

Disagree re lucas also and i think i'm in a far better position on this one. Lucas did not show enough to suggest that he would assist the team this season. Most people that watched him closely agreed that it would be highly unlikely that he would have any effect this season whilst others were just living in hope that he would recapture some of his old form.

Of course I know he has been told he has a spot, I bet most of the richmond squad has a spot. Maybe that is the problem with the club, they all have a spot!

Do you think a club in the top 8 would be so generous to a 35yo? They proved last year that they make sentimental calls rather than business decisions with Polak. All very well to do it to support the bloke, but not exactly a prudent list management and development call is it?

If Richmond had progressed this year as they looked like they were going and Richo was fit and playing as he had last year, it would have been justified. This year going into next is a different matter. The don't even have a coach yet, and yet they are making calls on players who will be 35, who has pretty much missed a season and the new coach is stuck with that decision. They shouldn't even be making that call until he gets in. The new coach might opt for a youth policy, no matter what Richo did 2 seasons back.

As for Lucas, it was your coach's call and as Lucas wasnt exactly over the hill yet and has had previous periods of poor productivity and then exploded back into good form and given that your were building towards a finals appearance, then a good case for his continuance could and obviously was made. Unless you don't agree with what Knights is trying to do, blend youth and pace around a handy spine of experience.

Well done on a great career, Scotty. You're a champion.

Not a fan of players pulling the pin immediately instead of seeing out the year, especially when your side's in the eight and you might be needed if the club gets more injuries.

Pretty poor that he refuses to play VFL to at least serve out the year as a back-up and/or mentor to the many young talls at Essendon.

That said, he's had a good career over a long time.

I'd honestly rather be a man down than have Scotty out there, that's how bad he's been this year.

Dual B&F. Premiership player. Not too many of them around.

Great player over his career, and generally very consistant (when injuries allowed). I always enjoyed watching him play and, as mentioned by others, loved him playing on after a mark from outside 50.

Well done on a very good career

I love how everyone said, he is no good, because he has no right foot, and is so predictable be always marking, wheeling around on to the left and having a shot. Then, the next week, he would take a mark, wheel around on to his left, and kick a booming goal, and the opposition players would just stand and watch, and there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Nothing used to get me more erect than when Scotty took a mark 60 out, back to goal, and just took the big wide arc to get back onto his preferred left side with no regard for the oncoming defenders and slammed one through half post high from 65 out.

I'm glad Essendon are giving Scotty a farewell game after 13 years of great service from the premiership player.

Well done Scotty and the Essendon F.C :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great player he has been , thoroughly entertaining and a delight to watch.

As an Eagles supporter we have been on the receiving end of his score board punishments.

Has played in the shadows of Lloyd and deserves to be remembered as a high quality player. Retires with one of the medals all players want.:)

Scott Lucas thanks for your contribution to our great game.:thumbsu:

What a great player he has been , thoroughly entertaining and a delight to watch.

As an Eagles supporter we have been on the receiving end of his score board punishments.

Has played in the shadows of Lloyd and deserves to be remembered as a high quality player. Retires with one of the medals all players want.:)

Scott Lucas thanks for your contribution to our great game.:thumbsu:[/quote]

Here Here!
I rated him very highly. Was one of the few Essendon players I could stand when you guys had the wood over us. Comes across as a decent bloke. Would have loved to have him at the Eagles!

Poor form from those who claim he was overrated. 270 games and nearly 500 goals puts him in the top echolon of those to play at AFL level.

Can you youtube that time he handpassed in the goal square (vs Port Power, IIRC) ?

When you have a lethal left peg such as his I think the message from the coach would be to use it. 2 best and fairests, one as a c.h.b and one as a c.h.f shows how good he was. Very stiff to miss A.A

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Lucas To Hang Up Boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back