Scott Lucas To Hang Up Boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

He turned into a much better footballer than I thought he'd be. When onsong he was unstoppable. For four or five seasons, up until last year, he was an excellent CHF. He deserves hearty congratulations on getting the most out of his career.

Stunned that he never once in his career made AA? Is that right?

He must have had one BIG year? If not he was incredibly consistent.
He was B&F in 2003 (As a backman) and 2006. Never kicked over 70 goals in a season. 67 was his most and that was in 03. Only 835 handballs in 270 games. That's just over 3 a game.

Scott Lucas has been a very, very good footballer for many years and an ornament to the Essendon Football Club and the game. Deserves all the accolades that have come his way over the journey and then some.

A Humble Champion, and a great club man.
Thanks for everything Scott.
We will miss you.

I have to admit even I underrated him, I don't think I appreciated him nearly enough, I look back now and realize exactly how good he actually was! Some clubs don't have a very very decent midfielder let alone one that lives in the shadows of another in the same team. 450+ goals is VERY serviceable!!
Hird's final game showed what an incredible player he was.
When he touched the ball magical things happen! Even his right boot! (ask Moorcroft)

this day was two years overdue.

Wow!! Short memory. When Lucas did his knee in Round 1 of LAST YEAR (2008) he was widely regarded as Essendon's best player coming off some outstanding form in the previous few seasons and especially Round 22 2007 when he kicked 7 goals in the last quarter. Why would he reture then. Why wouldn't you come back for another crack.
The right decision for him to go now on his own terms rather than give the selectors the dilemma of whether to play him in a farewell game.

The positive messages from opposition supporters are superb well done.

Well done on a great career. I think before last yr he had kicked 180 goals in the 3 yrs prior. Would be close to the best 20 or 30 Bomber players of all time. Clear to see a top bloke also. Good luck post footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

champion player. never 100% recovered from his knee plus essendons game plan has put him and lloyd all at sea hard to regain form like that now their circling over lloyd with retirement talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Lucas To Hang Up Boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back